Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have I been praying incorrectly?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Have I been praying incorrectly?

    asalamu alaikum

    My family is originally from Burkina Faso and We have always prayed with our hands on the side but my friends said it is haram. Also if it is wrong will my salah still be accepted?

  • #2
    Originally posted by Aswad View Post
    asalamu alaikum

    My family is originally from Burkina Faso and We have always prayed with our hands on the side but my friends said it is haram. Also if it is wrong will my salah still be accepted?
    Wa alaykoom assalaam

    I assume you are Maliki that's why you put your hands by your side ..

    you may check this website

    https://islamqa.info/en/6109

    and your Salah is valid because you were ignorant about it ..


    It was narrated from Ibn 'Abbas that the Prophet (ﷺ) said :
    "Allah has forgiven my nation for mistakes and forgetfulness, and what they are forced to do.

    Sunan Ibn Majah Book 10, Hadith 2123 ..Grade : Sahih
    Ibn Al Qayyim may Allah have mercy on him said: ("
    )

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Tayoofa View Post

      Wa alaykoom assalaam

      I assume you are Maliki that's why you put your hands by your side ..

      you may check this website

      https://islamqa.info/en/6109

      and your Salah is valid because you were ignorant about it ..


      It was narrated from Ibn 'Abbas that the Prophet (ﷺ) said :
      "Allah has forgiven my nation for mistakes and forgetfulness, and what they are forced to do.

      Sunan Ibn Majah Book 10, Hadith 2123 ..Grade : Sahih
      Thank you. Yes I believe I am a maliki. So should I continue to pray normally or should I start praying with my hand folded?

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Aswad View Post
        Thank you. Yes I believe I am a maliki. So should I continue to pray normally or should I start praying with my hand folded?
        it's better you pray like the rest of Muslims because it's what prophet PBUH did in Salah ..

        Imam Malik may Allah have mercy on him issue was it's not wajib in Salah ( means it will not make your Salah invalid if you didn't do that ) and he said its Sunnah ..
        Ibn Al Qayyim may Allah have mercy on him said: ("
        )

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Tayoofa View Post

          it's better you pray like the rest of Muslims because it's what prophet PBUH did in Salah ..

          Imam Malik may Allah have mercy on him issue was it's not wajib in Salah ( means it will not make your Salah invalid if you didn't do that ) and he said its Sunnah ..
          Ah ok thanks

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Aswad View Post
            Thank you. Yes I believe I am a maliki. So should I continue to pray normally or should I start praying with my hand folded?
            No it's permissible to do either, though Muhammad (SAAWS) prayed with his hand clasped if you are already familiar with one method of Salah you should continue that way if it is too difficult to learn a new method your Salah is accepted.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Abu Jarir View Post

              No it's permissible to do either, though Muhammad (SAAWS) prayed with his hand clasped if you are already familiar with one method of Salah you should continue that way if it is too difficult to learn a new method your Salah is accepted.
              Thanks. I think I'll continue to pray as I normally do then

              Comment


              • #8
                Didnt ima malik have his hands by his side due to his arms being battered by abused ?

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
                  Didnt ima malik have his hands by his side due to his arms being battered by abused ?
                  No.

                  It is the position of the Maliki madhab that you pray with your hands by your sides in fardh salah, as per the practice of the people of Madinah, and it has been reported from sahaba that they prayed that way..
                  Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

                  How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

                  Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

                  Comment


                  • #10

                    No.

                    It is the position of the Maliki madhab that you pray with your hands by your sides in fardh salah, as per the practice of the people of Madinah, and it has been reported from sahaba that they prayed that way..
                    JazakAllah khair

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

                      JazakAllah khair
                      http://malikifiqhqa.files.wordpress..../07/sadl_1.pdf
                      http://malikifiqhqa.files.wordpress..../07/sadl_2.pdf

                      Detailed look at their reasoning behind praying that way.

                      I'm not sure where this idea that Imam Malik was beaten and that is why he prayed with arms to side, and his madhab followed him in that. But clearly its false, and rather insulting to be honest, to any of the great Maliki ulema.
                      Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

                      How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

                      Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Fold your arms in salaah, it's the sunnah.
                        You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

                        You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

                        Comment


                        • #13

                          http://malikifiqhqa.files.wordpress..../07/sadl_1.pdf
                          http://malikifiqhqa.files.wordpress..../07/sadl_2.pdf

                          Detailed look at their reasoning behind praying that way.

                          I'm not sure where this idea that Imam Malik was beaten and that is why he prayed with arms to side, and his madhab followed him in that. But clearly its false, and rather insulting to be honest, to any of the great Maliki ulema.
                          I just heard it somwwhere but was never sure about it

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Aswad View Post
                            asalamu alaikum

                            My family is originally from Burkina Faso and We have always prayed with our hands on the side but my friends said it is haram. Also if it is wrong will my salah still be accepted?
                            waalaikumsalam wr. Wb

                            There is nothing wrong with your salah. It is valid. Accepted or not? Who knows? No one knows if their salah accepted or not. It is not haram at all. According my fiqih teacher your salah is valid even though you place your in your side. And I following Imam syafi'i.

                            AllahuAlam.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X