Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with questions from a Christain

Salaam Alaikum,

I’ve been trying to explain Islam to a Christain friend. She makes a very troubling point with citing versus of the Quran and hadiths were it seems like the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) engages in violence against innocents or consummating his marriage with a little girl. I’ll post her response to me below. Any help? I thought the Prophet was merciful and just and acted violently only in defense.

Thanks!

“Well, I can give you some Islamic sources for it NOT being defensive and that it was conversion by force, and that he cannot be described as peaceful or merciful. The quotes also speak to the kind of social order Mohammad established. I can’t imagine it was better, after the area had settled into a relative live and let live sort of understanding of religions, now we have what is depicted below.

From the Quran:
    9:5. Then when the Sacred Months (the 1st, 7th, 11th, and 12th months of the Islamic calendar) have passed, then kill the Mushrikun {unbelievers} wherever you find them, and capture them and besiege them, and prepare for them each and every ambush. But if they repent and perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat {the Islamic ritual prayers}), and give Zakat {alms}, then leave their way free. Verily, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

9:29. Fight against those who believe not in Allah, nor in the Last Day, nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e. Islam) among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

9:33. It is He {Allah} Who has sent His Messenger (Muhammad) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islam), to make it superior over all religions even though the Mushrikun (polytheists, pagans, idolaters, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah) hate (it).
    From the Hadith:

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 88; Narrated Ursa: The Prophet wrote the (marriage contract) with Aisha while she was six years old and consummated his marriage with her while she was nine years old and she remained with him for nine years (i.e. till his death).
    Volume 8, Book 82, Number 795; Narrated Anas: The Prophet cut off the hands and feet of the men belonging to the tribe of Uraina and did not cauterise (their bleeding limbs) till they died.

From the Sira, p463-4: Then they {the tribe of Quraiza} surrendered, and the apostle confined them in Medina in the quarter of d. al-Harith, a woman of Bani al-Najjar. Then the apostle went out to the market of Medina and dug trenches in it. Then he sent for them and struck off their heads in those trenches as they were brought out to him in batches. Among them was the enemy of Allah Huyayy bin Akhtab and Kab bin Asad their chief. There were 600 or 700 in all, though some put the figure as high as 800 or 900. As they were being taken out in batches to the Apostle they asked Kab what he thought would be done with them. He replied, “Will you never understand? Don’t you see that the summoner never stops and those who are taken away do not return? By Allah it is death!” This went on until the Apostle made an end of them.

Re: Need help with questions from a Christain

First of all stop hanging out with girls
    Not to mention kaafir christians who will try to make you disbelieve in your religion as you showed above

It doesnt seem like shes interested in becoming a muslim and worshipping one God it seems she just wants to find faults and issues. I too went through this with someone before but I realised they didnt want tawheed they didnt want islam they just were interested and wanted to conversate debate argue and so on

Accept islam for what it is or dont accept it

And the prophet did consumate the marriage with aisha at 9 and what

At the time this was the cultural norm aisha was engaged to another man before the prophet :saw:
    I think Ibn kathir states that many women got married around 10 some were grandmothers by their 20s
    Dont compare social aspecrs such as age of marriage 1400 years ago to now it makes no sense
    Besides islam says a marriage is not valid without consent and without both genders being sexually mature
    So tell your kaffira to stop questioning this

Also this world is Allahs we belong to Allah we are here to worship Allah
    If you dont worship Allah your going hell for eternity
    Thus it is the duty of the muslims to fight and establish the law of Allah in the land
    Anyone who opposes islam can take the jizya if not jizya then the sword
    Theres no compulsion in religion but in shariah yes
    No person was forced to become muslim
    In general women children elderly monks are not killed in war
    But realise this is all to establish Allahs law the shariah and so as people live under law of Allah they slowly become muslims and they worshipn Allah and they enter paradise

Lastly yes hundreds of jews were killed because they made a pact with the muslims but betrayed the muslims and were going to kill the muslims so the muslims took advantage and got to the jews before hand
    Seems fair doesnt it
    And still exists if 2 states break a treaty usually some beef starts

We are here to worship Allah
    And its up to Allah to guide whomever Allah wishes
    Some people will read quran for years but will stay kaafir
    Some for 1 day and will take shahada
    Its up to Allah
    U cant persuade them especially if they are tryna find errors or issues
    That shows they dont want to become muslim they arent seeking islam

Comment

1) Wa alaykum salaam. You should turn away from the ignorant:

A) Take what is given freely, enjoin what is good, and turn away from the ignorant. (Surah 7:199).

2) If the person is not sincere, there is no point in talking to them. If that Christian was sincere, she would not take things out of context and her criteria would not be inconsistent.

A) Prophet Muhammad(peace be upon him) was a mujahid just like Prophet David(peace upon him), so of course he fought in jihad.

B) Prophet Muhammad(peace be upon him) never killed any innocent person but in the "Torah" and in the "Psalms", we find this:

A) Now kill all the boys. And kill every woman who has slept with a man. (Numbers 31:17).

B) Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks! (Psalm 137:9).

3) Surah 9 was revealed in the context of battles.

A) https://oneliferesultsblog.wordpress...surah-9-notes/

4) When it comes to the marriage of Aisha(may Allah be pleased with her):

A) Refer to this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om-a-qoI5qU

5) When it comes to the rest of the things you posted, there are contexts to them also, some of the things might not even be authentic. My advice to you is to study your religion, don't let the disbelievers do it for you.

A) https://twitter.com/oneliferesults
      Last edited by OneLifeResults; 21-11-17, 03:57 AM.

Comment

1- Mary married Joseph when she was 12 and he was 90. Marrying when young was common back then and no one critisised the Prophet Mohamed :saw: for this until 1905 because before then it was the norm for girls to marry after hitting puberty.

2-We are only permitted to do war in self defense or if someone is planning to attack us. This was the example of the prophet :saw:
        The Prophet (sal Allahu alaihi wa sallam) said, “Allah the Most High said, ‘I am as My servant thinks (expects) I am. I am with him when he mentions Me. If he mentions Me to himself, I mention him to Myself; and if he mentions Me in an assembly, I mention him in an assembly greater than it. If he draws near to Me a hand’s length, I draw near to him an arm’s length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.’” [Sahih Al-Bukhari]

Comment

the prophet Muhammad pbuh did not consumate the marriage to hazrat Aisha for quite a considerable amount of time after marrying her maybe not until her teens.

Comment

Walaykum salam,

Christian missionaries are very twisted people and if you keep their company, they'll try to make you twisted like them. The way they twist scripture is beyond a joke especially when you look at how their own scriptures call for far worse things such as killing every woman, child and donkey or the line in Deutronomy which says that if a man rapes a woman then his "punishment" is to pay her father fifty shekels and marry her. Also Mary was roughly 12-13 years old when she had Jesus so the concept of "age of consent" is something that didn't really exist before the 20th century for anyone be they Christian, Muslim, Jew or anyone else. If she has such a hard time with Prophet Muhammad (saw) being married to such a young girl then ask her to give you one quote, one source of a Christian during the time of the Prophet (saw) who was against this marriage- she wont find it cos' this was normal in all communities. Even in Romeo and Juliet, Juliet is only about 12 years old when she marries Romeo and his age isn't specified but you never hear kufaar complain that Shakespeare is a paedophile. It takes some time and experience to learn this about white privilege but people like that believe that if a white Christian does something then it's right and if a brown Muslim does the exact same thing then it's evil and must be stopped. Just look at how school shootings are never blamed on being white or Christian but even one person getting stabbed will be labelled terrorism and the whole of Islam gets blamed. Look at how they say halal meat is evil even though they lock their livestock in dingy factory farm cages where the poor animals never see grass or daylight but they do it and it's good and justified and a Muslim does it suddenly it's evil. I bet they'll rant about how bad polygamy is if you give them a chance even though that was what our previous prophets (as) did in fact I think it was either Sulayman or Dawud (as) who slept with at least 90 women hoping that they'll bear children who'd fight in the path of Allah (swt). Christians have a very selective memory when it's inconvenient so they try to erase the bits they don't like and that's why the Quran had to be sent to clarify things that they tried to hide and erase.

Anyway yes there was a Jewish tribe who were killed by the Muslims of Medina during the time of the Prophet (saw) but I bet this filthy kafira who doesn't know how to clean her own backside will never tell you why. Okay so first of all when the Prophet (saw) established Islamic rule in Medina, there was a Jewish tribe who lived on the edge of the city and he established a peace treaty with them saying as long as you do not plot or plan against the Muslims you will be safe here. Meanwhile, that tribe plotted and conspired with the polytheists to try and kill Muslims and sabotage Islamic rule in Medina, so the Prophet (saw) found out and decided to let them off lightly by exiling them and they moved to another town. Some years later Islamic influence expanded in the region and Islamic rule spread to surrounding areas outside Medina which included this new town so the Prophet (saw) said to that same Jewish tribe if you don't conspire against us you'll be safe here but they conspired again to try and kill and destroy the Muslim community in the region so they were exiled again. It is my understanding that one of the Jewish plots was that whilst the Muslim men were away on an expedition and all the women were alone in the walled city, the disbelievers made a plan to send men in to rape and terrorise the Muslim women, but first the kufaar sent one man to go and check that there aren't any men protecting the women. When the women realised there was an intruder in their midst, one of the women stabbed him with a tent peg, cut his head off and threw it over the wall at which point the kufaar on the other side of the wall were terrified and said they must have a man protecting them and so they fled and left the Muslim women alone. So when I say plots and plans against the Muslim community, I'm not talking about a mere prank. Like I said, the Jewish tribe conspired against Muslims then were let off, then conspired again then were let off again and this happened time and time again until eventually the Prophet (saw) decided this same tribe didn't deserve another chance and had the tribe killed (at least all the adults were killed anyway).

This was not standard practice. This was not how every Jew living under Islam was treated, if anything this case was the exception and it was more the norm for Jews and Christians to live under the protection of Muslim rulers (after the Spanish inquisition killed and expelled Muslims and Jews, both the Muslims and the Jews were welcomed to live in north Africa under Islamic rule and both communities thrived there). In fact it was the Europeans who have a veeeeery looooooong history of persecuting and killing of Jews long before Hitler came along.

Even if you ignore everything else on this post just always remember one thing: what is the first commandment that Allah (swt) gave to Moses (as)? The commandments are one thing the kufaar haven't yet erased and it disproves all their shirk beliefs and that commandment in itself affirms the truthfulness of Islam and the shirk of Christianity but will they repent and return to Allah (swt)? Or will they continue to conspire against Him? I think you know the answer.
            The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Originally posted by MysticMonist View Post
              Salaam Alaikum,

I’ve been trying to explain Islam to a Christain friend. She makes a very troubling point with citing versus of the Quran and hadiths were it seems like the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) engages in violence against innocents or consummating his marriage with a little girl. I’ll post her response to me below. Any help? I thought the Prophet was merciful and just and acted violently only in defense.

Thanks!

“Well, I can give you some Islamic sources for it NOT being defensive and that it was conversion by force, and that he cannot be described as peaceful or merciful. The quotes also speak to the kind of social order Mohammad established. I can’t imagine it was better, after the area had settled into a relative live and let live sort of understanding of religions, now we have what is depicted below.

From the Quran:
              9:5. Then when the Sacred Months (the 1st, 7th, 11th, and 12th months of the Islamic calendar) have passed, then kill the Mushrikun {unbelievers} wherever you find them, and capture them and besiege them, and prepare for them each and every ambush. But if they repent and perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat {the Islamic ritual prayers}), and give Zakat {alms}, then leave their way free. Verily, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

9:29. Fight against those who believe not in Allah, nor in the Last Day, nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e. Islam) among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

9:33. It is He {Allah} Who has sent His Messenger (Muhammad) with guidance and the religion of truth (Islam), to make it superior over all religions even though the Mushrikun (polytheists, pagans, idolaters, disbelievers in the Oneness of Allah) hate (it).
              From the Hadith:

Volume 7, Book 62, Number 88; Narrated Ursa: The Prophet wrote the (marriage contract) with Aisha while she was six years old and consummated his marriage with her while she was nine years old and she remained with him for nine years (i.e. till his death).
              Volume 8, Book 82, Number 795; Narrated Anas: The Prophet cut off the hands and feet of the men belonging to the tribe of Uraina and did not cauterise (their bleeding limbs) till they died.

From the Sira, p463-4: Then they {the tribe of Quraiza} surrendered, and the apostle confined them in Medina in the quarter of d. al-Harith, a woman of Bani al-Najjar. Then the apostle went out to the market of Medina and dug trenches in it. Then he sent for them and struck off their heads in those trenches as they were brought out to him in batches. Among them was the enemy of Allah Huyayy bin Akhtab and Kab bin Asad their chief. There were 600 or 700 in all, though some put the figure as high as 800 or 900. As they were being taken out in batches to the Apostle they asked Kab what he thought would be done with them. He replied, “Will you never understand? Don’t you see that the summoner never stops and those who are taken away do not return? By Allah it is death!” This went on until the Apostle made an end of them.
              Have you read the Qur'an?

Surely you know Ayaat have context right?

A Kaafir posts some Ayaat out of context and you get troubled?

Anyone who has read the Qur'an can refute the Kaafirs argument,

The Hadith you posted also have context, ask the Kaafir to show you the context, the onus is on him,

Secondly the Christian is another one of those Devious Shayateen.

Their own Bible says God condoned Mass Genocide, the killing of men, women and children, and even attributes filth to Anbiya عليه السلام‎ which cannot be justified.

Perversion and all forms of filth attributed to God almighty, his Prophets, in the Bible,

http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

"It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

– Imam al-Shafi’i (Rahimahullah)

Comment

I can't post my reply for some reason.
                Say what somebody can do instead of the haram if you want to help.

Comment

Originally posted by MysticMonist View Post
                  Salaam Alaikum,

Thanks!
                  Is she thumbsucking this from some other moron? One of the verses she cited doesn't even feature the word "fight", yet she forced her own meaning into it.
                  Ask her why when she claims the Qur'an or Bible or Torah say something, then it's always true, but when you say that they say something, it is not true unless you agree with her.

Well, I can give you some Islamic sources for it NOT being defensive
                  (Jesus says in )[Matthew 10:34]Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.

Comment

Part 2:
                    and that it was conversion by force,
                    (jesus says in )[luke 19:27] but those mine enemies, which would not that i should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.
                    [deuteronomy 13:1-5] if there arise among you a prophet, or a dreamer of dreams, and giveth thee a sign or a wonder,
                    2 and the sign or the wonder come to pass, whereof he spake unto thee, saying, let us go after other gods, which thou hast not known, and let us serve them;
                    3 thou shalt not hearken unto the words of that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams: For the lord your god proveth you, to know whether ye love the lord your god with all your heart and with all your soul.
                    4 ye shall walk after the lord your god, and fear him, and keep his commandments, and obey his voice, and ye shall serve him, and cleave unto him.
                    5 and that prophet, or that dreamer of dreams, shall be put to death; because he hath spoken to turn you away from the lord your god, which brought you out of the land of egypt, and redeemed you out of the house of bondage, to thrust thee out of the way which the lord thy god commanded thee to walk in. So shalt thou put the evil away from the midst of thee.

Comment

PART 3:

and that he cannot be described as peaceful or merciful.
                      It was narrated that 'Aishah said:

"The Messenger of Allah never beat any of his servants, or wives, and his hand never hit anything."
                      Grade: Sahih (Darussalam)

Narrated Jabir:
                      Never was the Prophet (ﷺ) asked for a thing to be given for which his answer was 'no'.

Narrated `Abdullah bin `Amr:

Narrated Ibn Jaz:

[33:21] Ye have indeed in the Apostle of God a beautiful pattern (of conduct) for any one whose hope is in God and the Final Day, and who engages much in the Praise of God.
                      (There's a ton about his flawless manners, which she probably will refuse to read)
                      [John 2:13-15] 13 And the Jews' passover was at hand, and Jesus went up to Jerusalem.
                      14 And found in the temple those that sold oxen and sheep and doves, and the changers of money sitting:
                      15 And when he had made a scourge(a whip) of small cords, he drove them all out of the temple, and the sheep, and the oxen; and poured out the changers' money, and overthrew the tables;
                      [Matthew 23:1] Then spake Jesus to the multitude, and to his disciples,
                      [...]
                      [Matthew 23:33]Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?

Comment

PART 4:

The quotes also speak to the kind of social order Mohammad established. I can’t imagine it was better, after the area had settled into a relative live and let live sort of understanding of religions, now we have what is depicted below.
                        What is she complaining about? What "kind of social order" does she think he established? The fact that Christians, Jews, Zoroastrians, Sabians and others were allowed to live in the muslim state and continue in their religion if they paid taxes? Why do we pay taxes in the non-muslim countries? And if she says "But you pay the same taxes we do!" - okay, we'll force Christians and Jews and others to perform the muslim act of worship known as zaka'ah, if they want to be forced to practice Islam in some capacity. If not, well then how nice of Allah(azza wa jall) to give them a non-muslim option of taxes.

From the Quran:
                        Tafsir Ala Maududi:
                        [...]This declaration of the abrogation of the treaties with the mushriks was made in accordance with the law enjoined in VIII: 58 regarding the treacherous people, for it is treachery from the Islamic point of view to wage war against any people with whom a treaty of peace had been made, without openly declaring that the treaty had been terminated. That is why a proclamation of the abrogation of the treaties was necessitated against those clans who were always hatching plots against Islam in spice of the treaties of peace they had made. They would break the treaties and turn hostile on the first opportunity for treachery, and the same was true of all the mushrik clans with the exception of Bani Kananah, Bani Damrah and one or two other clans.

This proclamation practically reduced the mushriks of Arabia to the position of outlaws and no place of shelter was left for them, for the major part of the country had come under the sway of Islam. As this released the Muslims from the obligations of the treaties made with them and forestalled them, they were driven into a tight comer. For this smashed all their evil designs of creating trouble by inciting civil war at the time of a threat from the Roman and the Iranian Empires or after the death of the Holy Prophet. But Allah and His Messenger turned the tables on them before the opportune moment for which they were waiting. Now the only alternatives left with them were either to accept Islam that had become the state religion of Arabia, or to fight against it and be exterminated, or to emigrate from the country.
                        [...]

[9:6] If one amongst the Pagans ask thee for asylum, grant it to him, so that he may hear the word of God; and then escort him to where he can be secure. That is because they are men without knowledge.
                        [9:7] How can there be a league, before God and His Apostle, with the Pagans, except those with whom ye made a treaty near the sacred Mosque? As long as these stand true to you, stand ye true to them: for God doth love the righteous.
                        [9:8[ How (can there be such a league), seeing that if they get an advantage over you, they respect not in you the ties either of kinship or of covenant? With (fair words from) their mouths they entice you, but their hearts are averse from you; and most of them are rebellious and wicked.

Comment

Part 5:

Why are we forced to pay taxes in their countries? What happens if I refuse? Will they leave me alone with my money?

The word "fight" isn't even in here, unless she's saying that superiority can't be attained without bloodshed.
                          Is Christianity superior to paganism according to her? Is it superior to Islam? If so, how did it become that, if not by (if she first admits that she thinks it always and absolutely means war and killing etc.) things worse than what she accuses Islam of?
                          And if she'll then say "But no, Christianity didn't do it like that, we did it in a nice way!" - why is she giving that excuse for Christianity but not for Islam? 14 million people died in the crusades in the Middle East, the crusades in Samogitia were just as brutal but with a smaller death toll, they massacred Cathars in the Albigensian Crusade, they forced Jews and muslims to convert, die or be exiled in the Spanish Inquisition, they burnt what they thought were witches at the stake even in America, they had so many crusades; the Wendian, Livonian, Hussite, 30-years war where they forced civilians to drink water out of excrement for fun, Hussite, they sent a crusader force of children to fight the muslims at one point even in their desperation. But you don't tell her this list until after she first acts like superiority can only be achieved through fighting people and that Christianity somehow became superior without it.

From the Hadith:

Narrated `Aisha:

Comment

PART 6:

Narrated `Aisha:

If she says "Children cannot consent", say "You can force them to do things because you don't need consent from something that can't give it", if she says "You can't force children to do things" say "Why are children forced to go to school in your countries if they don't want to? Or why do their parents force them to clean their rooms if they don't want to? Or go to church if they don't want to?", and if she says both, and you say both, then add "Make your mind up, you can't have both".

They were not innocent, they were criminals. Here's the incident(which, of course, she probably doesn't know of lol) :

Narrated Anas:

[Numbers 35:17] And if he smite him with throwing a stone, wherewith he may die, and he die, he is a murderer: the murderer shall surely be put to death.
                            (And ask her,)Why does she find issue with us carrying out the commands of God? Does she think the commands of God are unjust, evil and atrocious?
                            If she says "But those commands were only for some people long ago!" - was this punishment for a murderer any less bad back then than it is for a similar murderer, or worse one, today? If a man killing an innocent man deserves death 1000 years ago, why does a man today doing the same thing not deserve it and why is it wrong all of a sudden? Especially when they(Christians and Jews) pride themselves on the "objective morality of the Judaeo-Christian world view as inspired by God Himself!"?

Comment

PART 7:

Narrated Ibn `Umar:

It has been narrated on the authority of Abu Sa'id al-Khudri who said:
                              The people of Quraiza surrendered accepting the decision of Sa'd b. Mu'adh about them. Accordingly, the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) sent for Sa'd who came to him riding a donkey. When he approached the mosque, the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said to the Ansar: Stand up to receive your chieftain. Then he said (to Sa'd): These people have surrendered accepting your decision. He (Sa'd) said: You will kill their fighters and capture their women and children. (Hearing this), the Propbot (may peace he tpon him) said: You have adjudged by the command of God. The narrator is reported to have said: Perhaps he said: You have adjuged by the decision of a king. Ibn Muthanna (in his version of the tradition) has not mentioned the alternative words.

Comment

Working...
                              X