Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forsaking the Quran

Pure honesty here.

I took my shahada two years ago under the influence of drugs and alcohol.

For some strange reason I always think of the Holy Quran and prayer despite my addictions. I have prayed and felt a true peace through salat but I kept sinning.

In a moment of doubt and complete uncertainty I threw away my copy of the Holy Quran.

What must I do to repent? Is repentance available for something like this? I have a deeply embedded Christian background and I am very afraid.

Thank you

yes you can repent, allah forgives all sins, you did this sin in ignorance if I assume correctly please confirm, so sins done in ignorance are forgivable. try to find another copy of the quran as in the quran there is healing, mercy and blessing. it also brings you closer to the creator.

Comment

Originally posted by cloud9 View Post
      yes you can repent, allah forgives all sins, you did this sin in ignorance if I assume correctly please confirm, so sins done in ignorance are forgivable. try to find another copy of the quran as in the quran there is healing, mercy and blessing. it also brings you closer to the creator.
      This is what I've found: https://islamqa.info/en/34171

Comment

Originally posted by TheKnownUniverse View Post
        Pure honesty here.

For some strange reason I always think of the Holy Quran and prayer despite my addictions. I have prayed and felt a true peace through salat but I kept sinning.

In a moment of doubt and complete uncertainty I threw away my copy of the Holy Quran.

What must I do to repent? Is repentance available for something like this? I have a deeply embedded Christian background and I am very afraid.

Thank you
        Repent sincerely to Allah for your great sin and vow not to commit apostasy again. Take refuge with Allah against the devil who whispers doubt in your heart to question your Iman.
        ليتني أموت على ما ماتت عليه عجائز نيسابور

Comment

Originally posted by TheKnownUniverse View Post
          Pure honesty here.

Thank you
          Allah will forgive you even if you murder 20 people as long as your repentance is sincere.

Comment

Working...
          X