Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Have you ever experienced burnout?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    #16
    AW: Have you ever experienced burnout?

    Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post
    1.) Have you ever experienced burnout?

    2.) Why do you think so many reverts have?

    3.) How can you prevent this from happening?

    4.) If someone is going through this, how can they recover?

    You don't have to be a revert to participate in this.

    By the way, I didn't create this thread because I am going through this, alhamdulillah. Sharing your experiences can help someone who is.

    :jkk:
    Everyday

    Because of lack of good support by the Ummah or harsh tests

    Good support from the Ummah

    Making duaas and being around good brothers/sisters
    ┏╮╭┓╭━━━━━━╮
    ╰╮╭╯┃┈┈┈┈┈┈┃
    ┃╰━╯┈┈╰╯┈┈┈┃
    ┃┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈╰━┫

    Comment


      #17
      ...
      Last edited by islamuslim; 04-12-17, 04:24 AM.
      إن الصلاة تنهى عن الفحشاء والمنكر

      Comment


        #18
        Re: Have you ever experienced burnout?

        Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post
        1.) Have you ever experienced burnout?

        2.) Why do you think so many reverts have?

        3.) How can you prevent this from happening?

        4.) If someone is going through this, how can they recover?

        You don't have to be a revert to participate in this.

        By the way, I didn't create this thread because I am going through this, alhamdulillah. Sharing your experiences can help someone who is.

        :jkk:
        Can you elaborate on exactly what you mean by a Burnout?
        http://www.ilovepalestine.com/campai...imesinGaza.gif

        "It does not befit the lion to answer the dogs."

        Ė Imam al-Shafiíi (Rahimahullah)

        Comment


          #19
          Re: Have you ever experienced burnout?

          Originally posted by islamuslim View Post
          I think I'm going through it right now, emaan's never been this low. And I even know the cause but I'm still struggling smh.
          That's not what I mean by burnout because from my understanding you're not going through one. But it's the same for me, my iman was at it's worst in early 2017 and I don't want to fall into that again. I didn't experience a burnout, but I feel like if I went further I would have gone through one. There have been a lot of ups and downs within the last few weeks but it's not even as close to being as bad as it once was. I keep getting distracted -_-

          Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
          Can you elaborate on exactly what you mean by a Burnout?
          I mean when you give up on practicing Islam and you become careless about what's halal and haram. You give up salah or rarely pray and to some degree you return to your life before Islam even though you may still identify as a Muslim. I don't mean apostasy, but very, very weak iman. People have different definitions, though.
          Last edited by .khayriyyah.; 13-11-17, 06:01 PM.
          "Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pains of this world tire you do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of duaa. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it."
          - Ibn al Qayyim (rahimahullah)

          Comment


            #20
            Re: Have you ever experienced burnout?

            Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post
            1.) Have you ever experienced burnout?

            2.) Why do you think so many reverts have?

            3.) How can you prevent this from happening?

            4.) If someone is going through this, how can they recover?
            1. Yes, many many times. Itís very common for me.
            2. In my case at least, I start delving myself in Islam as I should but instead of focusing on worship and such, I focus on teachings that I have problems comprehending. For example, Iím sure most of you fellow reverts are gay friendly. Well one day Iíll read about the Islamic stance on gays and I will just get so upset.
            3. We need to quit focusing on Islamic teachings we have problems with. We donít have to hold those views personal (though we canít deny the Islamic stance.) So I have many gay friends. If they ask Iíll tell them that gay intercourse is a sin in my religion. But personally I donít have a problem with them. I will keep chilling with them.

            I know what I just said is sinful and you should not be encouraged to sin or accept others because your personal views. However, to me, I can either focus on these issues and have a burnout, or I can worship God. Itís better to be a sinning Muslim then not.

            So I think we need to focus on worshiping and loving God. Everything else is secondary and we shouldnít beat ourselves up.

            4. See 3, 2, and 1. :)

            PS - Islam doesnít teach to dislike someone with same sex attractions and for non Muslims itís even lesser of a deal. But many reverts will try to get rid of all their gay friends and thatís extreme and will cause a burnout. Just donít talk about their gay actions or encourage it but you can still be their friends!

            Gay issue is just one. I think another is like women just not wanting to wear hijab and causing a burnout.

            I think overall we are too worried about Islamic teachings on social issues and about Islamic disagreements with our western values and not just worshiping and loving God. We also sin a lot and we tend to feel like trash. We shouldnít.
            Last edited by greenshirt; 22-11-17, 08:09 AM.
            Kyle

            Comment


              #21
              Re: Have you ever experienced burnout?

              Originally posted by greenshirt View Post
              1. Yes, many many times. Itís very common for me.
              2. In my case at least, I start delving myself in Islam as I should but instead of focusing on worship and such, I focus on teachings that I have problems comprehending. For example, Iím sure most of you fellow reverts are gay friendly. Well one day Iíll read about the Islamic stance on gays and I will just get so upset.
              3. We need to quit focusing on Islamic teachings we have problems with. We donít have to hold those views personal (though we canít deny the Islamic stance.) So I have many gay friends. If they ask Iíll tell them that gay intercourse is a sin in my religion. But personally I donít have a problem with them. I will keep chilling with them.

              I know what I just said is sinful and you should not be encouraged to sin or accept others because your personal views. However, to me, I can either focus on these issues and have a burnout, or I can worship God. Itís better to be a sinning Muslim then not.

              So I think we need to focus on worshiping and loving God. Everything else is secondary and we shouldnít beat ourselves up.

              4. See 3, 2, and 1. :)

              PS - Islam doesnít teach to dislike someone with same sex attractions and for non Muslims itís even lesser of a deal. But many reverts will try to get rid of all their gay friends and thatís extreme and will cause a burnout. Just donít talk about their gay actions or encourage it but you can still be their friends!

              Gay issue is just one. I think another is like women just not wanting to wear hijab and causing a burnout.

              I think overall we are too worried about Islamic teachings on social issues and about Islamic disagreements with our western values and not just worshiping and loving God. We also sin a lot and we tend to feel like trash. We shouldnít.
              You're right about focusing on ibadah rather than other topics, but focus on tawheed first. True submission to Allah through Islam cannot come without tawheed. Once you have a firm grasp of it, insha'Allah, these other subjects will mean nothing to you and they won't cause you to burn out. I heard someone describe Islam as a tree and tawheed as it's roots. It will not remain firm if it's roots don't run deep.

              Also, it's important for Muslims to only have pious companions as they will influence them.

              The Prophet :saw: said: ďThe likeness of a righteous companion and an evil companion is that of one who carries musk and one who works a bellows. With the one who carries musk, either he will give you some or you will buy from him or you will notice a pleasant fragrance from him. With the one who work a bellows, either he will burn your clothes or you will notice a foul odour from him.Ē Narrated by al-Bukhaari, Muslim

              Your statement about disliking homosexuals is incorrect.

              http://www.bakkah.net/en/shaykh-ibn-...-of-allaah.htm

              Please read this fatwa: https://islamqa.info/en/26118
              "Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pains of this world tire you do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of duaa. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it."
              - Ibn al Qayyim (rahimahullah)

              Comment


                #22
                Re: Have you ever experienced burnout?

                It was narrated from Abu Hurayrah (may Allaah be pleased with him) that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:

                “Religion is easy, and no one overburdens himself in his religion but he will be unable to continue in that way. So do not be extremists, but try to be near perfection and receive the good tidings that you will be rewarded. Gain strength by worshipping in the mornings and afternoons and during the last hours of the night.”

                Narrated by al-Bukhaari (39) and Muslim (2816).

                Al-Haafiz Ibn Rajab (may Allaah have mercy on him) said:

                The meaning of this hadeeth is that it is not allowed to go to extremes in religion, by overburdening oneself with acts of worship that one cannot do except with extreme hardship. This is what is meant by the words of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), “No one overburdens himself in his religion but he will be unable to continue in that way”, i.e., religion is not to be approached in an extreme manner, and whoever does that will be defeated.

                https://islamqa.info/en/124611

                Comment

                Working...
                X