Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Secret Muslim Thread

I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Thread for those who practice islam in secret.

Post your struggles.
    The Love Allah has for Prophet Muhammad ﷺ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Acm3R7MbO_Q

Re: Secret Muslim Thread

Would you like to share your story, brother?

May Allah keep you, and others in similar predicament, steadfast on your deen and may Allah shower His choicest blessings on those who strive in His way, aameen ya Rabb
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by .Hajar. View Post
      Would you like to share your story, brother?

May Allah keep you, and others in similar predicament, steadfast on your deen and may Allah shower His choicest blessings on those who strive in His way, aameen ya Rabb
      ameen thanks for the dua..

My story isn't really special unlike many converts...
      I discovered and learned about islam on the internet.. I live in a white town with virtually no Muslims really.. I've always been interested in politics and I used to have debates with right-wingers who were anti-islam and I usually defended Muslims so that's kinda how I ended up learning about islam. My heart opened up more and more to islam as I watched more videos of people like Zakir Naik, Yusuf Estes and other popular da'ees.. I read the Qur'an translation and I watched the Umar series..
      I can't pinpoint the exact moment I said the Shahadatain, I do remember that there was a period where I would say La ilaha illAllah, without the second part, because I didn't know much about the Prophet (sallAllahu 'alayhi wasallam), but ofcouse later I could say Muhammadur Rasulullah with certainty alhamdulillah.

Many times I considered telling my parents but like other people they are kinda averse to islam..
      I also don't want to tell my parents at the moment because the situation at home is pretty unstable anyway and me telling them I'm a Muslim would probably push things over the edge.
      Besides, in a month I will go to college in a city where there are actually many Muslims so insha'Allah I will be able to practise islam in public.

Comment

May Allah make it easy for you

Comment

[MENTION=127092]eesa the kiwi[/MENTION] [MENTION=140612]Rifqah[/MENTION] [MENTION=144678]Um_Saf[/MENTION] [MENTION=132814].khayriyyah.[/MENTION]

Assalamu alaykoom maybe you can help and support our brother :)
          Ibn Al Qayyim may Allah have mercy on him said: ("
          The heart on its journey towards Allah the Exalted is like that of a bird. Love is its head, and fear and hope are its two wings. When the head is healthy, then the two wings will fly well. When the head is cut off, the bird will die. When either of two wings is damaged, the bird becomes vulnerable to every hunter and predator..”
          )

Comment

Originally posted by Tayoofa View Post
            [MENTION=127092]eesa the kiwi[/MENTION] [MENTION=140612]Rifqah[/MENTION] [MENTION=144678]Um_Saf[/MENTION] [MENTION=132814].khayriyyah.[/MENTION]

Assalamu alaykoom maybe you can help and support our brother :)
            :wswrwb:

Insha'Allah
            "Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pains of this world tire you do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of duaa. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it."
            - Ibn al Qayyim (rahimahullah)

Comment

Wa Alaykum Salaam brother,

I am in a similar situation to you, I live in a rural area with no Islamic community, I live with my non Muslim family now- only with my child this time. Alhamdulillah all my family know I am a muslim now and I won't deny I do get loads of negative comments because of it from them-they are still ignorant and believe what the media tells them even when I have corrected them they dont listen, you will eventually get used to it and as long as you challenge and debate with facts and don't doubt yourself I find they end up change the subject as we literally have a response to anything they say Alhamdulillah. I still am struggling to practice correctly and its something i am working on I too am hoping to move again to somewhere with a community inshaAllah.

When I first reverted I told my dad but no one else. I practiced alone for along time and my family actually only found out about my conversation when I was about to get married! Something looking back I regret as they assumed I reverted for my husband. They were over joyed last year learning about my divorce and assumed I would no long accept islam- I do obviously Alhamdulillah.

You will inshaAllah tell people (your family included) when you are ready to there is no need to rush that part-taking the Shahada is the first major step Alhamdulillah the rest is a life long process of learning about our Deen. There will be trials and challenges as that is the purpose of this life.

Another point I thought to mention: I assume you are American/Canadian as you refer to going to college (which I assume- maybe I am wrong sorry- that thats like university in UK) if it is they may have their own islamic society that you could get involved in inshaAllah. The first mosque I attended was a university mosque (even though I have never been to uni) so do check out that if my assumption is correct. That would be a great benefit to you inshaAllah.

May Allah (SAW) keep us all on the path of the rightly guided Ameen.

Comment

Originally posted by Um_Saf View Post
                Wa Alaykum Salaam brother,

I am in a similar situation to you, I live in a rural area with no Islamic community, I live with my non Muslim family now- only with my child this time. Alhamdulillah all my family know I am a muslim now and I won't deny I do get loads of negative comments because of it from them-they are still ignorant and believe what the media tells them even when I have corrected them they dont listen, you will eventually get used to it and as long as you challenge and debate with facts and don't doubt yourself I find they end up change the subject as we literally have a response to anything they say Alhamdulillah. I still am struggling to practice correctly and its something i am working on I too am hoping to move again to somewhere with a community inshaAllah.

When I first reverted I told my dad but no one else. I practiced alone for along time and my family actually only found out about my conversation when I was about to get married! Something looking back I regret as they assumed I reverted for my husband. They were over joyed last year learning about my divorce and assumed I would no long accept islam- I do obviously Alhamdulillah.

You will inshaAllah tell people (your family included) when you are ready to there is no need to rush that part-taking the Shahada is the first major step Alhamdulillah the rest is a life long process of learning about our Deen. There will be trials and challenges as that is the purpose of this life.

Another point I thought to mention: I assume you are American/Canadian as you refer to going to college (which I assume- maybe I am wrong sorry- that thats like university in UK) if it is they may have their own islamic society that you could get involved in inshaAllah. The first mosque I attended was a university mosque (even though I have never been to uni) so do check out that if my assumption is correct. That would be a great benefit to you inshaAllah.

May Allah (SAW) keep us all on the path of the rightly guided Ameen.
                Wa alaykum salam, ameen ya rab.

You're right I shouldn't rush.. I can't just come out as a Muslim without having any real life Muslim friends to fall back to..
                I live in the Netherlands alhamdulillah, but there is no Islamic society at the college, but that doesn't matter.

There's a mosque on walking distance from the college building alhamdulillah.

Comment

And that is why you shouldn't assume anything! Sorry about that...

Alhamdulillah its so good that there will be a mosque close by inshaAllah you will build relationships within the community and the brothers there should assist you however you need it.

"coming out" as a muslim �� is not so important. What is important is your knowledge and practice of Islam. As a brother it is less so aswell since there potentially is no obvious signs that makes you muslim- unless ofcourse you decide to dress as is sunnah inshaAllah. Many brothers wear "western" clothes and even beards are fashionable these days! Obviously you will eventually reach the point where being open about your religion will be needed for your own personal sake.

Until then dont stress moving to the city will be beneficial in your journey.

Wa Salaam

Comment

Originally posted by Abdullah012 View Post
                    Wa alaykum salam, ameen ya rab.

You're right I shouldn't rush.. I can't just come out as a Muslim without having any real life Muslim friends to fall back to..
                    I live in the Netherlands alhamdulillah, but there is no Islamic society at the college, but that doesn't matter.

There's a mosque on walking distance from the college building alhamdulillah.
                    I have contact with a brother from Holland. I used to chat with him all the time about 7-8 years ago and i think he's of morocan decsent..This was way back I think in a sports forum. Been a while since I've spoken to him, but give me a PM bro and I'll see if the contacts are still valid and I can hopefully get you guys to maybe go eat falafel at a resturant or something.
                    Stop being apologetic to Kuffars!

If I don't engage with you or reply to any of your question, it's likely because I find you racist and a total waste of time.

Comment

Ma shaa Allah brother,, May Allah save you..
                      Its me Lamia Karmi Egyptian teacher Of Quran to non-arabic muslim sisters and kids online for a fee
                      Experience 5 years in a lot of Quran academies
                      Saving The Holy Quran, Ijaza in rewayat 'asem,Ijaza in Gazarya and Tajweed
                      My Skype ID: quran.servant.lamia

Comment

Mann me too. :( i wish i had a muslim family i could celebrate eid with. I get so jealous of other muslims. I plan to tell my family when i get my house in a few years inshallah

Comment

Ameen
                          ┳┻|
                          ┻┳|•.•) Hello, Assalamu Alaikum! Check out this topic! #makethechanges
                          ┳┻|⊂ノ
                          ┻┳|
                          :banbear:http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...adan-Authentic:hidban:

Comment

Allah loves you... that's why he gave you the greatest gift of all i.e. Imaan.

Now that you have Allah the rest is done and dusted... it's just a matter of time...

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan0x0 View Post
                              Mann me too. :( i wish i had a muslim family i could celebrate eid with. I get so jealous of other muslims. I plan to tell my family when i get my house in a few years inshallah
                              Why do you keep your Islam secret?
                              It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
                              "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Comment

Working...
                              X