• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Errors in my recitation

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
    Thanks for posting that
    The thought of starting over is a little daunting
    What did the brother, who was going to listen to you, suggest?

Comment

Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
      What did the brother, who was going to listen to you, suggest?
      Something came up after so I didn't meet with him. Am planning to touch base sometime next week inshaAllah
      It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
      "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Comment

Originally posted by european muslim View Post
        Salaam Brother
        Why don't You try listening to one of the many qari's and try mimicking their recitation
        Try correcting your recitation in stead of starting All over

Wa salaam
        Waalaikumsalam.

Sorry brother you can't just follow it. There is makhraj in tajwid. (The source of sound when you recite each word). If try mimicking their recation It may makes it sound "good" but actually it is wrong word.

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
          :salams

was hoping to avoid making a thread but i dont really know what else to do..

ok so ive recently started a tajweed class. ive been muslim since 2009 and alhamdulilah ive memorised juz amma, mulk and a few other surahs. i had no brother to teach me this is me reading and memorising (iniatially i couldnt even read arabic so i was memorising from transliteration) to the best of my ability

i have loads of mistakes like loads. even Fatiha im making mistakes and i have like zero tajweed for a lot of what ive memorised. in the class i learned that some of my mistakes were potentially blasphemous like reading aAleem (the all knowing) with an alif so it meant painful astaghfirullah.

i basically have to start from scratch again alhamdulilah a brother has agreed to teach me after jumuah

do i stop reviewing what i know? if i do that i will start to forget or do i keep reviewing it making mistakes and try fix the mistakes (which is going to be a long slow process and will take years to fix)(if i do this i could potentially be making some huge errors for a long time untill im able to fix it)

what do i do?
          waalaikumsalam

Alhamdulillah.
          Back to basic. The makhroj, how to pronounce arabic word. After you have pronouce every words the right way, then try learn the tajwid.

The best way to learn tajwid is by practicing it. recite the quran with the tajwid you just learn.

May Allah guide you brother.

AllahuAlam
          Last edited by rahmat89; 10-11-17, 02:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rahmat89 View Post
            Waalaikumsalam.

Sorry brother you can't just follow it. There is makhraj in tajwid. (The source of sound when you recite each word). If try mimicking their recation It may makes it sound "good" but actually it is wrong word.
            Barakallahoefiek for your clarification.
            And the thunder exalts [ Allah ] with praise of Him - and the angels [as well] from fear of Him - and He sends thunderbolts and strikes therewith whom He wills while they dispute about Allah ; and He is severe in assault

Comment

Working...
            X