• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• eesa the kiwi
    started a topic New Muslim support thread

New Muslim support thread

:salams:

Figured a thread like this would be a good idea (dunno if it will take off though)

Being converts to Islam you don't always get the support you need irl so if you want advice or just want to rant you can post here
    [MENTION=140612]Rifqah[/MENTION] [MENTION=9956]bright[/MENTION]est hour

I'll start, my family is so difficult to be around with Christmas it's not easy. Also something happened with a born "muslim" and my sister that I can't mention here coz I think you lot would start cursing the "Muslim". it's so sad it's not funny
    Last edited by eesa the kiwi; 18-12-16, 05:57 AM.

• MuslimThinker
    replied
    Originally posted by Softpeacelily View Post
    Also can someone tell me how to delete a thread? This site is glitchy on my iPhone doesn’t even let me edit a post
    Ive checked my own thread, I dont think we can delete our own started threads. Perhaps the option is available within the few minutes we post a thread.
    Otherwise, I think only mods can delete them. So perhaps you can type a post for mods to delete the thread if necessary.

Leave a comment:

• .khayriyyah.
    replied
    This is the brother I asked about: https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/um...7#post10661567
    Last edited by .khayriyyah.; 16-05-18, 11:52 PM.

Leave a comment:

• .khayriyyah.
    replied
    Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
    br Aetos? I wasn't sure if he was Indian or European... He left with a goodbye... I hope he's alright.

​​​​​​---------

​​​​​​ ELM Softpeacelily ... A useful thread to use for both sisters possibly?
    Aetos is European. I think the user I was talking about is kshatriyyah or something like that.

Leave a comment:

• eesa the kiwi
    replied
    Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
    Br eesa the kiwi hope things are good, dear brother.

...How are you doing? How are things for your mum lately, and the rest of your family?

(May Allah Ta'aalaa keep you always in high eeman and good health brother.)

things are good Alhamdulilah

parents are still the same would appreciate dua for their guidance jazak Allah khair

Leave a comment:

• Fakhri
    replied
    Br eesa the kiwi hope things are good, dear brother.

...How are you doing? How are things for your mum lately, and the rest of your family?

(May Allah Ta'aalaa keep you always in high eeman and good health brother.)
    Last edited by Fakhri; 16-05-18, 11:40 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Fakhri
    replied
    Ramadhan Mubarak.
    May Allah Ta'aalaa make it a fruitful and accepted month for us all.

Hopefully sister has managed to get in contact with a few muslimahs on here...

I don't believe we can delete a thread unless things have changed recently. I think that's left to the moderators. A request in the thread itself or on the help desk section should work...

(Ps., chrome on mobile seems to work well, both on desktop mode and mobile mode. Have always avoided iphones so not sure if we can use different browsers on them.)

Leave a comment:

• Softpeacelily
    replied
    Also can someone tell me how to delete a thread? This site is glitchy on my iPhone doesn’t even let me edit a post

Leave a comment:

• Softpeacelily
    replied
    Fakhri Thanks!! Ramadan Mubarak for tomorrow everyone

Leave a comment:

• Fakhri
    replied
    br Aetos? I wasn't sure if he was Indian or European... He left with a goodbye... I hope he's alright.

​​​​​​---------

​​​​​​ ELM Softpeacelily ... A useful thread to use for both sisters possibly?

Leave a comment:

• .khayriyyah.
    replied
    Does anyone know what happened to Abdullah012 and an Indian revert from Hinduism who was talking about apostatizing because of his social life? I can't remember the latter's username, but I'm not talking about Doobie.

Leave a comment:

• eesa the kiwi
    replied
    Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

In Sha Allaah. But in the mean time - get your mushaf and YouTube your favourite recitation and imitate that.

It''ll be easier to understand the rules if you have a copy of the Qur'an with colour coded Tajweed rules embedded.
    Jazak Allah khair

Leave a comment:

• Indefinable
    replied
    Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post

Jazak Allah khair for the suggestion

still struggling with tajweed don' have a teacher atm. I need to hit one of the brothers up inshaAllah
    In Sha Allaah. But in the mean time - get your mushaf and YouTube your favourite recitation and imitate that.

It''ll be easier to understand the rules if you have a copy of the Qur'an with colour coded Tajweed rules embedded.

Leave a comment:

• eesa the kiwi
    replied
    Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

Good plan. Another thing you could do is - plan your daily routine for Ramadhaan.

So think of what you'd like to include in your day to maximise the rewards. Think of how you can include the Qur'an in your day. Extra adhkaar and little things like that.

1000x Istighfar
    500x Sending Blessings Upon The Noble Prophet (peace be upon him).
    20x Extra Superogatory Prayers
    1 Chapter of the Qur'an

That's just an example.

How's your Tajweed going? Is it all sorted?
    Jazak Allah khair for the suggestion

still struggling with tajweed don' have a teacher atm. I need to hit one of the brothers up inshaAllah

Leave a comment:

• Indefinable
    replied
    Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post

Get to the masjid more often
    Good plan. Another thing you could do is - plan your daily routine for Ramadhaan.

So think of what you'd like to include in your day to maximise the rewards. Think of how you can include the Qur'an in your day. Extra adhkaar and little things like that.

1000x Istighfar
    500x Sending Blessings Upon The Noble Prophet (peace be upon him).
    20x Extra Superogatory Prayers
    1 Chapter of the Qur'an

That's just an example.

How's your Tajweed going? Is it all sorted?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X