Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Muslim support thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: New Muslim support thread

    Loads of dua for u guys
    ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
    "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
    :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

    Comment


    • Re: New Muslim support thread

      Originally posted by Rifqah View Post
      :salams

      I try so hard not to bring negativity here but I'm having such a struggle with my family. The constant bad comments and suddenly going from feeling like a beloved sister in my family, to being spoken to as if I were the enemy is so hurtful. I keep reminding myself that it's a test, over and over.

      May Allah (swt) make us stronger through this test, myself, brother kiwi and any Muslim reading this who struggles with familial relationships. Help us not feel exhausted and to be able to find ways out of our individual situations without hurting them or becoming estranged from them. Allah please turn their hearts towards You and transform what is such a stressful situation into one that proclaims Your great mercy and forgiveness, ameen.
      :salams:

      you have to keep the end goal in mind, remember the honours of jannah, remember the horrors of the day of judgement remember the fire and your striving inshaAllah will become easier
      speaking from experience here the longer i distance myself from reading or listening about jannah and nar the harder the struggle gets,

      we need the motivation

      i can recomend a good book on the subject if you like, Alhamdulilah its one of those books you can read over and over, each time i read it i benefit Alhamdulilah
      “Allah gave you a gift of 86,000 seconds today, have you used one to say ‘Alhamdulilah

      Comment


      • Re: New Muslim support thread

        I want my mum to embrace Islam so bad

        She's had a real rough life, tonight she was upset with the way my family treats her (which is very poor) and made the comment she prays she doesn't wake up in the morning

        SubhanAllah I can see the calamities which strike her one after another is due to what she's doing but to say so she will majorly flip out

        She needs Islam she needs to turn back to Allah but she is so far

        I'd give my right arm (literally it'd be like cut it off) for her to somehow someway embrace Islam. Rest of my family I don't really care tbh, the things they do it will serve them right but mum subhanAllah

        May Allah forgive I'm a terrible son it's so hard to talk about islam with I'm rarely able to bring it up
        “Allah gave you a gift of 86,000 seconds today, have you used one to say ‘Alhamdulilah

        Comment


        • Re: New Muslim support thread

          While others now are anticipating Eid I find it the hardest time, because it makes me feel so lonely. I aways leave early, and the last couple of years I haven't managed to motivate myself to be in the Mosque during Ramadan( I attend regularly otherwise). And what is worse is, God forgive me, when the others in the Mosque ask where I have been I lie and say I was in another Mosque. I fast and pray on my own. How strongly it makes me wish that my family and extended relatives would also be Muslim so that I could celebrate this fully as others do.

          How do you other converts cope during this time?

          Comment


          • Re: New Muslim support thread

            Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
            I want my mum to embrace Islam so bad

            She's had a real rough life, tonight she was upset with the way my family treats her (which is very poor) and made the comment she prays she doesn't wake up in the morning

            SubhanAllah I can see the calamities which strike her one after another is due to what she's doing but to say so she will majorly flip out

            She needs Islam she needs to turn back to Allah but she is so far

            I'd give my right arm (literally it'd be like cut it off) for her to somehow someway embrace Islam. Rest of my family I don't really care tbh, the things they do it will serve them right but mum subhanAllah

            May Allah forgive I'm a terrible son it's so hard to talk about islam with I'm rarely able to bring it up
            :salams

            Is there anything quite significant that she's changed her mind about in the past? Somewhere she did an about turn? If so, what precipitated that?

            How does she process information generally? Is she more likely to use terms such as 'I know what you mean...I hear what you're saying...I see what you mean?

            Though the crucial part of guidance is all down to Allah (swt) we can at least try to deliver the information in a way the person can receive it.

            Please don't feel you have to literally answer brother kiwi, especially in such a public way. I'm just trying to provoke thought about how you might best have more opportunities Inshallah.

            Inshallah, I make dua'a for your family, especially your mum.

            Comment


            • Re: New Muslim support thread

              Originally posted by Rifqah View Post
              :salams

              Is there anything quite significant that she's changed her mind about in the past? Somewhere she did an about turn? If so, what precipitated that?

              How does she process information generally? Is she more likely to use terms such as 'I know what you mean...I hear what you're saying...I see what you mean?

              Though the crucial part of guidance is all down to Allah (swt) we can at least try to deliver the information in a way the person can receive it.

              Please don't feel you have to literally answer brother kiwi, especially in such a public way. I'm just trying to provoke thought about how you might best have more opportunities Inshallah.

              Inshallah, I make dua'a for your family, especially your mum.
              She's very set in her ways. When I give dawah to people usually I like to get a bit intellectual as that's one of the ways I find Islam appealing as logically it makes so much sense but if I try that with mum she'll just go I have a very simple faith and refuse to even give my rationale any thought. I usually can only say one or two things about islam before she'll get angry or frustrated

              Tbh this is out of my league but there is no one I can bring in to talk to her. I make dua but I'm just aware that my own efforts aren't cutting it
              “Allah gave you a gift of 86,000 seconds today, have you used one to say ‘Alhamdulilah

              Comment


              • Re: New Muslim support thread

                Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
                She's very set in her ways. When I give dawah to people usually I like to get a bit intellectual as that's one of the ways I find Islam appealing as logically it makes so much sense but if I try that with mum she'll just go I have a very simple faith and refuse to even give my rationale any thought. I usually can only say one or two things about islam before she'll get angry or frustrated

                Tbh this is out of my league but there is no one I can bring in to talk to her. I make dua but I'm just aware that my own efforts aren't cutting it
                Does she like letters? Does she like to write letters? You can tell her there's a person in the UK looking for a pen-friend. My gran had a pen-friend she picked up during her school years and wrote to her all her life.

                It might not be something she would like but it might be.

                Comment


                • Re: New Muslim support thread

                  I posted these in the Quick Questions thread but they were drowned in the chatter so, hopefully here...Inshallah

                  Originally posted by Rifqah
                  :salams

                  Is it one of the rights of a married woman to look after the finances of the husband and safeguard him spending in unhelpful ways?

                  Is it one of the rights of the children to save their parents from hellfire by reminding them when they are not following Islam correctly?
                  Originally posted by Rifqah
                  When Muhammad Tim Humble says Inshallah, he adds wa ta ala every time. Is this more formal and preferred or optional?
                  Originally posted by Rifqah
                  Does Saudi Arabia have different rules about men covering their heads?

                  Comment


                  • Re: New Muslim support thread

                    Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
                    She's very set in her ways. When I give dawah to people usually I like to get a bit intellectual as that's one of the ways I find Islam appealing as logically it makes so much sense but if I try that with mum she'll just go I have a very simple faith and refuse to even give my rationale any thought. I usually can only say one or two things about islam before she'll get angry or frustrated

                    Tbh this is out of my league but there is no one I can bring in to talk to her. I make dua but I'm just aware that my own efforts aren't cutting it
                    Subhaanallah. Such a terribly difficult situation.

                    Is it okay if I ask what she believes? Is she Christian? How practicing, etc... I know it's all very personal, and you don't need to answer at all, dear brother, but I just can't help but feel maybe some of the people on here might be able to suggest something. We all see things in different ways and there are a few reverts here, Alhamdulillah, maybe someone out there found something in their own experience particularly useful in getting through.

                    The same with sr [MENTION=140612]Rifqah[/MENTION] and sr [MENTION=107240]brightesthour[/MENTION], again, perfectly understandable if it's not something you (all) feel comfortable with in any way, but would it possible to mention in a little more detail what your families (parents?) are like, what you have done to previously, how they reacted to what, etc, etc...

                    I'd like to think someone out there somewhere, by the kindness of Allah Ta'aalaa, might be able to provide some kind of beneficial suggestion/idea that will help get through to them, InshaaAllah.
                    Last edited by Fakhri; 06-03-17, 02:42 AM.
                    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                    -------------------------------
                    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
                    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

                    Comment


                    • Re: New Muslim support thread

                      My family are a long way off regarding conversion (although Allah (swt) knows best). Just getting them all to relax about Islam would be a great relief. However, I've come to accept, that the change in our relationships are permanent (sadly).

                      I've caused offence and it feels unforgivable. I'm definitely viewed as either in need of intervention or like a traitor who's choosing to fraternise with the enemy. It feels that way from the aggressive comments.

                      I just try to stay quiet, so that I don't attract more negative attention Inshallah.

                      I remind myself this is (probably - Allah (swt) knows best) the biggest test I'll face and that it's not personal. I also remind myself that I have resources Alhamdulillah and that a lot of people facing challenges in other countries, do not have anything.

                      I do worry for their Akhira but it's early doors yet.
                      Last edited by Rifqah; 06-03-17, 03:25 AM.

                      Comment


                      • Re: New Muslim support thread

                        Hey all,
                        I am a white male raised in the northeast US so not many Muslims around. i was drawn to islam as
                        a kid when i watched some fellow athletes from Saudi do daily prayers. Studied Muhammed in college
                        .20 years later just went to my first Mosque and it was great. i have muslim friends but the cultural
                        jump is a big one. Im not used to being the only blue eyed person anf i hope i dont scare the heck
                        out of anyone there thinking im lost, crazy lol since we are in some interesting times.

                        Anyone have any tbought on white converts since they only muslims i know are born into ethnic classification
                        type.

                        thanks-- not like i can have this discussion with my circle. ��

                        Comment


                        • Re: New Muslim support thread

                          ...

                          Comment


                          • Re: New Muslim support thread

                            Originally posted by graybeard View Post
                            Hey all,
                            I am a white male raised in the northeast US so not many Muslims around. i was drawn to islam as
                            a kid when i watched some fellow athletes from Saudi do daily prayers. Studied Muhammed in college
                            .20 years later just went to my first Mosque and it was great. i have muslim friends but the cultural
                            jump is a big one. Im not used to being the only blue eyed person anf i hope i dont scare the heck
                            out of anyone there thinking im lost, crazy lol since we are in some interesting times.

                            Anyone have any tbought on white converts since they only muslims i know are born into ethnic classification
                            type.

                            thanks-- not like i can have this discussion with my circle. ��
                            welcome brother

                            im ethnically european and reverted to islam (we say revert rather than convert as we revert back to the natural state of worshipping God alone without partners we were created upon) in 2009
                            as far as reactions go for the most part everyone has been very friendly Alhamdulilah. at the mosque i go to there must be like 100 diff nationalities or something so one more didnt matter. the people i know treat me like everyone else and it doesnt seem to matter to them my skin colour

                            if you have any questions about Islam dont hesitate to ask brother we are here for you
                            “Allah gave you a gift of 86,000 seconds today, have you used one to say ‘Alhamdulilah

                            Comment


                            • Re: New Muslim support thread

                              Welcome to Islam, [MENTION=142929]graybeard[/MENTION], Islam is not restricted to a certain ethnic or race group but rather it is the most complete way of life for entire humanity.

                              Rest assured that there are muslims of every colour and background, and the numbers are increasing; May Allah shine the Light of Islam upon you, ameen.
                              “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”


                              Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

                              Comment


                              • Re: New Muslim support thread

                                Shaytan is taunting me to leave Islam. Please help me brothers and sisters.
                                وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

                                And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."


                                أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

                                Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].


                                Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

                                Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X