X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Muslim support thread

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
    naturally you will get this, its one thing to talk about hypothetical situations but when something happens in front of you, insulting Allah or the messenger sallaho alayhi wa sallam naturally you will get this anger and hatred of what is being said, maybe you wont react with anger but will feel sad or hurt or disgusted but there will be a reaction, it wont be apathy

if you dont have this yet dont worry too much (though honestly i think if it came to a real situation you would feel something) rome wasnt built in a day, you are new to islam and sometimes things are aquired through effort and striving. The more you learn about the life of rasululah sallaho alayhi wa sallam, the more you appreciate the huge niamat (blessings) Allah has blessed you with the more you would hate for them to be insulted
    There seems to be a misunderstanding between what I might feel and what I would do. I have explained my feelings of course I have negative feelings about these insults, certainly not apathy.

It's okay I must not be communicating very well.

Comment

Originally posted by muslim_warrior View Post
      Yes, we love Allah more than we love His most beloved slave Muhammad pbuh.

Say, O [Muhammad], "I am only a man like you to whom it has been revealed that your god is but one God; so take a straight course to Him and seek His forgiveness." And woe to those who associate others with Allah - 41:6

And [yet], among the people are those who take other than Allah as equals [to Him]. They love them as they [should] love Allah. 2:165

Worship and obedience is only for Allah.
      Worship is for Allaah Alone

Love is for Allaah and His Messenger :saw:
      Obedience to the Messenger :saw: is obedience to Allaah
      Last edited by A2B; 02-02-17, 12:49 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
        :jkk:

I know sister has mentioned she would avoid responding in an angry way, but does sister mean to say she doesn't feel the protective anger over Rasoolullah :saw: being insulted?

Or have I got that wrong, maybe, (I think I have)?

As a Muslim, new or not, I would have thought it would already be there to a degree. Even from a new Muslim's point of view, It would be enough to hear people insult and abuse Muslims and Islam in general (because you yourself are Muslim), so what about about Rasoolullah :saw: who is the embodiment of Islam and whom we follow, the most perfect representation of Islam and being Muslim?

(I think I've probably missed something in the posts above.)
        :salams

I don't know if I can explain it as I don't know what's expected of me in this situation and I am afraid it might be shirk, going back to how I used to feel as a Christian.
        I feel.like I've exposed myself in being open and everyone in the room just gasped in horror. If I try and explain further I might make it worse and then worry that my shahada was invalid and not accepted at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Rifqah View Post

I don't know if I can explain it as I don't know what's expected of me in this situation and I am afraid it might be shirk, going back to how I used to feel as a Christian.
          I feel.like I've exposed myself in being open and everyone in the room just gasped in horror
          . If I try and explain further I might make it worse and then worry that my shahada was invalid and not accepted at all.
          Not sure, but re-reading my initial post. I think it may have come across quite... Scathing(?), when that wasn't at all the feeling of Intention behind it. So my sincere apologies for that, respected sister.

It was a little confusing reading those posts above because for some reason I understood there to be an 'absence' of feelings and then also the presence of feelings...

I think I probably didn't read through and process it as intended, so I missed exactly what sister was saying.

I hope ml. Abu Musab and others did address and allay the concerns mentioned (in bold).

From the post on the other thread, Alhamdulillah, it does seem as though sister has responded and does react appropriately in such situations...

In any case, as mentioned, I hope it's been addressed now.
          Last edited by Fakhri; 03-02-17, 08:32 PM.
          LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
          -------------------------------
          "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
          NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

[MENTION=39142]Fakhri[/MENTION] Scathing? No, not at all: surprised maybe, puzzled.

From reading others' posts, it wasn't just you that didn't understand. What can I say...I don't communicate well when I'm feeling emotional.

I feel that the issue is settled now thank you everyone :jkk:

I think it a good next step to read The Sealed Nectar Inshallah (, if I recall the title correctly).

Last edited by Rifqah; 03-02-17, 08:53 PM.

Comment

I need your dua'a.

:jkk:

Comment

I'm fighting with my khimar when I am driving. I just can't seem to get it right. If it's too loose, I turn my head to leave a junction and my eyes end up in fabric.

If it's too tight then I can't fully turn my head to see what I need to.

I pulled over today and sat and laughed because it's just ridiculous that I'm having this problem. Such a simple thing but so annoying when I'm driving.

I've even started avoiding difficult junctions!

Comment

*sprinkles support*
                  ...And he who fears Allah - He will make for him a way out. [65:3]
                  "Put your trust in Allah, certainly, Allah loves those who put their trust (in Him)."
                  :love: [Al-Imran 3:159] :love:

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
                    Subhaanallah. The other day I was sat in a room with five or six guys all talking about alcohol and the different kinds and what they prefer. Even the talk is enough to get someone agitated. Imagine living with actual drinkers... :|
                    You have no idea... There was time I was living with few man in restricted place with no alcohol and no store to sell it. They all decided to drink hand sanitizer to quench the thirst. These people talked about alcohol every moment. Alcohol and women, nothing else.
                    Last edited by HelloEverybody; 21-02-17, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by RaNdOm View Post
                      *sprinkles support*
                      I was driving a colleague and she asked me why I didn't take a shorter route. I replied because that way had a "...turny-head junction." Hmm...I actually said that out loud.

Comment

Originally posted by Rifqah View Post
                        I was driving a colleague and she asked me why I didn't take a shorter route. I replied because that way had a "...turny-head junction." Hmm...I actually said that out loud.

Have you tried different types of khimar?

Comment

Originally posted by lonelyniqabi View Post
                          Have you tried different types of khimar?
                          I've tried different types of fabric and also the cap underneath that you pin it to. It's still early for getting used to it, its only 16 weeks I've converted and less time than that for observing Islamic hijab so, it will click at some point Inshallah.

Once I'm used to it, I plan to add niqab Inshallah, but we will see. I've tried to do too much before and got in a mess so I'm doing one thing at a time and trying to do it the best I can before I add something else.

Someone told me it's haram to ride a bicycle yesterday, I had no idea! Not that I ride one that would be a funny sight!

Comment

.... (Wrong thread)

Comment

:salams:
                              don't take your Muslim families for granted
                              Just had my little sister declare how proud she was of nz for getting behind gay pride month and decorating the town rainbow to show the love. I'm like it's like you guys are begging Allah to destroy you

Also her room is next to my brothers (in which I pray when I visit) and I'm trying to pray magrib and she's having an explicit conversation with her boyfriend and I'm like I need to pray so I cant leave

Smh it's just a struggle when morality is concerned you're on one side and your family is on the other side of the planet

All I'm trying to do is worship my creator but this is seen as an obscenity. To worship God alone without partners is that such a crime? Yet you have people make out being a Muslim is like this huge issue, even drug addicts are higher on the social ladder.
                              And this whole gay pride month smh they even put makeup and outfits on their dogs so their dogs looked like trannies (not my family here this was in the paper) and then these people moan when an earthquake hits its like go figure morons
                              It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
                              "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Comment

I try so hard not to bring negativity here but I'm having such a struggle with my family. The constant bad comments and suddenly going from feeling like a beloved sister in my family, to being spoken to as if I were the enemy is so hurtful. I keep reminding myself that it's a test, over and over.

May Allah (swt) make us stronger through this test, myself, brother kiwi and any Muslim reading this who struggles with familial relationships. Help us not feel exhausted and to be able to find ways out of our individual situations without hurting them or becoming estranged from them. Allah please turn their hearts towards You and transform what is such a stressful situation into one that proclaims Your great mercy and forgiveness, ameen.
                                Last edited by Rifqah; 28-02-17, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X