This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fakhri-bin-Ali View Post
    Assalaamu alaikum warahmatullaah eesa the kiwi - how've you been brother?

It's been a while... I think I saw you mentioned you were a bit stressed out with things lately... I hope you're alright my brother.

How are your parents and the rest of your family?

Don't really see you post too much on here these days, I'm sure for good reasons but it's always good to see you posting, brother, and to know how things are with you.
    Wa alaikum Salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatu

Sorry for the late reply. Yeah have been stressed but have been drinking too much coffee so there is a link between the two

Family is ok alhamdulilah

Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by aelmo View Post
      My mom's the revert in my family and they have never done anything to make her feel welcome and till this day, blame every little thing that happens on her. I
      May ALLAH AL-WAHHAB shower your revert mother with the most extremely magnificent happiness,rewards and blessings in this world always and in the highest level of Jannah. Aameen!

Assalamu alaykom sister
      Last edited by ABDEL-ATHEEM; 16-03-20, 09:31 AM.
      ALLAH AL-ATHEEM created everything. Therefore ALLAH AL-ATHEEM created the earth and everything in the earth and created all of the heavens and everything in all of these heavens and created all of the hells and everything in all of these hells and created all of the universes and everything in all of these universes and created everything in between them.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABDEL-ATHEEM View Post
        May ALLAH AL-WAHHAB shower your revert mother with the most extremely magnificent happiness,rewards and blessings in this world always and in the highest level of Jannah. Aameen!

Assalamu alaykom sister
        Walakum asalam.

Jazakallah khair brother. I appreciate that.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABDEL-ATHEEM View Post

Assalamu alaykom sister
          Ameen
          Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
          In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
          USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
          (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• Assalamu alaikum hi everyone im new o-o

Comment

• Originally posted by Isra0615_ View Post
              Assalamu alaikum hi everyone im new o-o
              Wa alaikum Salam wa rahmatullah wa barakatu

Welcome
              Each person has inside a basic decency and goodness. If he listens to it and acts on it, he is giving a great deal of what it is the world needs most. It is not complicated but it takes courage. It takes courage for a person to listen to his own goodness and act on it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Isra0615_ View Post
                Assalamu alaikum hi everyone im new o-o
                Waalaykum assalam,

Masha'Allah. I hope you'll benefit here.
                Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient. (57:16)

Comment

• https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/fa.../12682509-help

What advice would you give to her? It's a strange case and idk what exactly to say.

Comment

• Oh boy that^ is HARD! I'm not quite agoraphobic but I am housebound and that drastically reduces one's options in any situation. Make dua for her. I have no idea what to suggest. It's not like she could just leave but the situation can't remain as it is either.
                    The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

• Assalaam alaikum, I hope everyone is keeping safe & sane during these times. I'm new here, and somewhat of a new revert; I've struggled to really reach out to the local community due to personal issues (chronic anxiety & work) but have been pushing myself to make more of an effort to break down those difficulties, so am looking forward to when these restrictions will be reduced so I can attend the local islamic center for the first time.
                      May be a bit of a stretch but am wondering if there are any other reverts (male) here from Perth, Australia, as I would like to be able to make some new friends who are in the same boat so to speak & can educate ourselves collectively.

Comment

• Originally posted by Medic View Post
                        https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/fa.../12682509-help

What advice would you give to her? It's a strange case and idk what exactly to say.
                        That is a difficult one, as there is a lot going on there. I would suggest that if she has family to explain the situation to them, if they are not accepting of her being Muslim, then maybe she can leave that part out of the explanation for now, but the fact that he is abusive already demands a need for her to get out of there & also to maybe report it. Two comments have made mention that she needs to divorce him due to him not being Muslim, while not entirely the truth (I believe that it is suggested to wait to see if he too would revert or not before making that decision) but a divorce should be considered on the grounds of him being abusive & harmful to her mental health.
                        I understand the difficulty with not able to leave due to being agoraphobic, however if she can contact a domestic abuse/violence organisation they will have dealt with these situations before (agoraphobia is a common effect of domestic abuse) & will know how to go about helping her escape that situation. I will make du'a for her & that a solution is provided to allow her to be safe & supported.

Comment

• Originally posted by Garrymartion
                          Thank you so much for this thread. I would like to know more about Islam. :)
                          Welcome.

If you are interested in learning about Islam have a look at this site www.islamreligion.com they have a bunch of good articles about Islam and a live chat q&a for you to ask questions

Alternatively stick around and join the discussions on here. inshaAllah the members here can help

Comment

• Which surahs should a new Muslim memorize first?

https://youtu.be/te_NsNXNZNo

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X