This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
    Also I agree with sister Layla that u eesa the kiwi probs need ruqya. The Qur'an is a healing for mankind not just in people afflicted with sihr/ayn/jinns etc.

For example, my mum had an extreme swollen foot from circulating the Kabah when we were on pilgrimage. So not from sihr but from walking too much.

She put zamzam on it and her foot deflated and became healthy right in front of the people in my pilgrimage/umrah group. That shows that Islamic remedies aren't restricted to people with sihr on them.
    Similar thing happend with one of my relatives. She used too live in Saudi and work as a maid for a family. One day she was ironing the clothes and she burned herself and it was a serious burn that need medical assistant. But I think she couldnt afford it so she applyed zamzam water on it and I think she read quran on the wound

She said it vanished and she didnt need to go to the doctor Alhamdulillah

Comment

• Originally posted by naom View Post

Similar thing happend with one of my relatives. She used too live in Saudi and work as a maid for a family. One day she was ironing the clothes and she burned herself and it was a serious burn that need medical assistant. But I think she couldnt afford it so she applyed zamzam water on it and I think she read quran on the wound

She said it vanished and she didnt need to go to the doctor Alhamdulillah
      woah ma sha Allah
      وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• Ten years clean today wa lilahil hamd
        The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.
        ~ Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)

Comment

• Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
          Ten years clean today wa lilahil hamd
          Subhanallah, allahu akbar

iíve Just passed the 11 year mark wa lilahil hamd. Iím not a revert per se, but my family are not practising at all & I had to start from proper basics such as learning how to pray so I almost consider myself to be a revert
          https://islamicgemsandpearls.wordpress.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

iíve Just passed the 11 year mark wa lilahil hamd. Iím not a revert per se, but my family are not practising at all & I had to start from proper basics such as learning how to pray so I almost consider myself to be a revert
            Congratulations on your eleven years may Allah bless you. I'd honestly think you have fair right to call yourself a revert. The whole point we say revert not convert is because we were born upon fitrah wa lilahil hamd before being raised other than that. So when we came back to our fitrah we reverted not converted. Seems to me you reverted back to your fitrah too

My ten years is no virtue of my own it's simply Allah helping me wa lilahil hamd. Couldn't have done it without his help
            The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.

Comment

Congratulations on your eleven years may Allah bless you. I'd honestly think you have fair right to call yourself a revert. The whole point we say revert not convert is because we were born upon fitrah wa lilahil hamd before being raised other than that. So when we came back to our fitrah we reverted not converted. Seems to me you reverted back to your fitrah too

My ten years is no virtue of my own it's simply Allah helping me wa lilahil hamd. Couldn't have done it without his help
              Ameen wa iyyak.

Indeed brother, we have Allah subhanahu wa ta aala aiding & guiding us along the way. I remember when I came to Islam, some people were like oh itís just a phase, letís see how long she lasts etc but Subhanallah Allah has been very kind. May we all stay firm upon His path and May Allah assist us in busying ourselves in acts of devotion which are pleasing to Him, subhanahu wa ta aala.

Comment

Ameen wa iyyak.

Indeed brother, we have Allah subhanahu wa ta aala aiding & guiding us along the way. I remember when I came to Islam, some people were like oh itís just a phase, letís see how long she lasts etc but Subhanallah Allah has been very kind. May we all stay firm upon His path and May Allah assist us in busying ourselves in acts of devotion which are pleasing to Him, subhanahu wa ta aala.
                When I converted to Islam I had family saying its just a phase for maybe 5 years.

May Allah accept your dua

Comment

SubhanAllah. All praises and thanks be to Allah.

I am so glad for you brother.
                  وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Comment

Yeah sis, I'm not a revert but I was just thinking in the morning, about how I had to start praying from internet resources and books from 14 years old. It wasn't taught to me either.

I ask Allah that we all meet in jannah, ameen. Cos our journeys are just constant struggles to please Allah, and our backgrounds can't even divide us

hope that makes sense lol

Comment

• Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post

Yeah sis, I'm not a revert but I was just thinking in the morning, about how I had to start praying from internet resources and books from 14 years old. It wasn't taught to me either.

I ask Allah that we all meet in jannah, ameen. Cos our journeys are just constant struggles to please Allah, and our backgrounds can't even divide us

hope that makes sense lol
                      Yes sis that make sense. I was remembering the other day how when I started to wear hijab my mum would constantly mock me and how she would persist for years in trying to make me remove my hijab & abaya. Subhanallah aged 14?! May Allah reward you for your efforts.

Ameeeeen! May we all be united in jannah

Comment

Yes sis that make sense. I was remembering the other day how when I started to wear hijab my mum would constantly mock me and how she would persist for years in trying to make me remove my hijab & abaya. Subhanallah aged 14?! May Allah reward you for your efforts.

Ameeeeen! May we all be united in jannah
                        Yes sis, my mum wouldn't let me wear abaya either, but let me wear the headscarf at 17 finally, she had no problems with that in the end.

Yeah, I was a big reader at that age in my early teens. I was a really curious person too, so when my mum bought the english translation of the Qur'an and I just had to read that too.

I was so in awe of the Qur'an at that age. I tried my best to understand the old kinda english language translation, but still its message was like nothing else.

I remember how the Iraq war was happening at that time, I would read surah baqarah and then think about how Tony Blair and George Bush were like the munafiqeen mentioned in those verses.

How they spread corruption in Iraq under the guise of doing good

Surah baqarah verse 11: Whenever they are told: ďDo not spread mischief on earth,Ē they say: ďWhy! We indeed are the ones who set things right.Ē

I wish I had that connection to the Qur'an again :(
                        Last edited by LailaTheMuslim; 01-09-19, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Alhamdulillah .. 45 years for me..
                          May Allah cause us to die with Iman .. Ameen.
                          He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters - Psalms

Comment

Oh your not revert
                            the way you make it seem
                            sounds like you was

Comment

May Allah preserve you and grant you istiqamah

Comment

• Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

Oh your not revert
                                the way you make it seem
                                sounds like you was
                                Nooo Iím not a revert Iíve made various references on the forum to my family not practising

Comment

Working...
                                X