X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Muslim support thread

Picking up the pieces after Xmas
    Mums still really upset over how she was treated

So many calamities in her life and I can see why they keep happening (riba shirk etc) but if I even hint at that she will majorly flip
    No idea how to advise her
    Hard to watch, she's had a very hard life
    Imagine sleeping without praying isha and then waking up in your grave- bilal Phillips

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
      Don't know why they bother celebrating everyone just winds up at each others throats and miserable
      Also my sister's boyfriend just had a go at mum so I'm fuming
      Doing an [MENTION=107240]brightesthour[/MENTION] and using a thread to vent
      Want to tell us about it? We can sympathize.

Comment

:start:
        :salams

Prior to becoming Muslim, I had a couple of distressing dreams and mentioned them on UF, wherein a couple of members gave me verses to recite before bed time which I duly did without any further incidents of similar dreams.

In the last two weeks I've been having so many really distressing dreams allwith a similar theme. I have made a big mistake in converting to Islam or the dream has some element of doom to it. Last night's dream was about a baby I was holding that died and I couldn't let go of it and everyone I passed told me it was my fault as I'd made a bad decision and now I am cursed that everything I touched would die.

Really distressing and makes me not want to go back to sleep. Today I'm exhausted and wondering if this is just normal anxiety or if I have doubts that I have tried to suppress or even if there's another element I hadn't considered yet.

Any advice would be gratefully received inshallah.

When I wake at night I'm using the time to do the night prayers and to read Quran, which is a good use of time but is not necessarily stopping the bad dreams.

:jkk: for any help

Comment

Originally posted by Rifqah View Post
          :start:

Prior to becoming Muslim, I had a couple of distressing dreams and mentioned them on UF, wherein a couple of members gave me verses to recite before bed time which I duly did without any further incidents of similar dreams.

In the last two weeks I've been having so many really distressing dreams allwith a similar theme. I have made a big mistake in converting to Islam or the dream has some element of doom to it. Last night's dream was about a baby I was holding that died and I couldn't let go of it and everyone I passed told me it was my fault as I'd made a bad decision and now I am cursed that everything I touched would die.

Really distressing and makes me not want to go back to sleep. Today I'm exhausted and wondering if this is just normal anxiety or if I have doubts that I have tried to suppress or even if there's another element I hadn't considered yet.

Any advice would be gratefully received inshallah.

When I wake at night I'm using the time to do the night prayers and to read Quran, which is a good use of time but is not necessarily stopping the bad dreams.

:jkk: for any help
          :salams:
          Are you reading ayatul kursi before sleeping?
          Dreams like this are from the shaitaan. I know easier said than done but do your best to ignore them. Remember he is a compulsive liar so any dreams from him cannot be trusted in the slightest

Like asking Pinocchio if he is a real boy

I had some pretty bad nightmares but after learning ayatul kursi I've been fine Alhamdulilah
          Imagine sleeping without praying isha and then waking up in your grave- bilal Phillips

Comment

Are you reading ayatul kursi before sleeping?
            Dreams like this are from the shaitaan. I know easier said than done but do your best to ignore them. Remember he is a compulsive liar so any dreams from him cannot be trusted in the slightest

Like asking Pinocchio if he is a real boy

I had some pretty bad nightmares but after learning ayatul kursi I've been fine Alhamdulilah
            I've been reciting this yes, every time Inshallah that's why I wondered if it wasn't just plain old anxiety of things worried about. Though I'm not really worried about anything I can think of.

Comment

I've been reciting this yes, every time Inshallah that's why I wondered if it wasn't just plain old anxiety of things worried about. Though I'm not really worried about anything I can think of.
              Perhaps it's not the jinn then. Could be diet, could be medication could be a range of things
              Back when I tried to quit smoking if I fell asleep with a nicotine patch on I would get disturbing dreams almost similar imo to the dreams you get from opium

Is there anything you can think of that could be causing you to dream like this? Is the room extremely cold or hot

Comment

Perhaps it's not the jinn then. Could be diet, could be medication could be a range of things
                Back when I tried to quit smoking if I fell asleep with a nicotine patch on I would get disturbing dreams almost similar imo to the dreams you get from opium

Is there anything you can think of that could be causing you to dream like this? Is the room extremely cold or hot
                I'm not on any meds and all I can think of is that I've changed my diet quite a bit from some processed foods to fresh.

It'll work out Inshallah

Comment

[MENTION=139647]BrodyNBL[/MENTION] how are you doing brother? I've changed my username so its ok if you cant recognise me :)
                  ┳┻|
                  ┻┳|•.•) Hello, Assalamu Alaikum! Check out this topic! #makethechanges
                  ┳┻|⊂ノ
                  ┻┳|
                  :banbear:http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...adan-Authentic:hidban:

Comment

My dad's spending more and more time watching this Christian propaganda movie channel

Don't really know how to wake him up
                    Christians are shayateen who act like they think they are angels

Comment

As well as Ayatul Kursi....
                      Has sister been reciting surah ikhlaas, falaq and naas, blowing into cupped hands, then wiping hands over the body, thrice?

Also going to sleep on right side and being in state of wudhu.

This has been very helpful for me, alhamdulillah. I had issues with disturbing dreams and also sleep paralysis quite often prior to doing this routinely.

Aisha (RA) also narrated that whenever Allah’s Apostle (S.A.W.S.) went to bed every night, he used to cup his hands together and blow over it after reciting Surah Al-Ikhlas, Surah Al-Falaq and Surah An-Nas, and then rub his hands over whatever parts of his body he was able to rub, starting with his head, face, and front of his body. He used to do that three times. [Narrated by Saheeh Al-Bukhari: Book of the Virtues of the Qur’aan, 5017]

For sure, Shaytaan plays with our minds during sleep, especially when we try to leave behind things that are harmful for us, with the intention of making us go back to whatever that harmful thing was for us, be it a major change as in sister's case or a smaller one.

Whenever we see these type of dreams, immediately upon waking, we should turn towards the left shoulder, recite "au'oothu Billahi Minash shaytaanir rajeem and "dry-spit" thrice...(There isn't a nicer way to say this in English that I'm aware of... Essentially, blowing with the faintest droplets of saliva) thrice.

Sister should notice that make a difference, InshaaAllah
                      When we let these kinds of dreams bother us, Shaytaan (his underlings) continue to trouble us with them. If we recognise it is from him and a cheap and desperate attempt to disturb us/get us to return to what we have left behind, InshaaAllah, these kind of dreams will not bother us so much, and should become rare occurrences, if at all.
                      (Also, the negative feelings from sister's family may be contributing to the nature of sister's dreams...)

(Wallahu A'lam)

---------------

If sister feels up to some light reading...

Just the first parts, esp what is in red (not very long):

http://www.authentictauheed.com/2015...cance.html?m=1
                      LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                      -------------------------------
                      "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
                      NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

Thank you brother [MENTION=39142]Fakhri[/MENTION], I'll do anything or read anything that might help. I went to work on two hours sleep today so, I'm shattered.

If it is shaytaan then I shouldn't go to bed early as that would be submitting to shaytaan and giving in to the disturbance. I think I should stay awake until the usual time I might sleep.

:jkk: for the valued help

Comment

I answered a question in my final exam that I was surprised I got wrong.

Is it permissible to wear silk underwear?

It didn't stipulate male or female.

Prohibited was one of the choices and I chose this answer, which was wrong.

Other answers included...acceptable, disliked, permissible if you have a need, allowed...

I thought silk was not permitted?

Comment

I answered a question in my final exam that I was surprised I got wrong.

Is it permissible to wear silk underwear?

It didn't stipulate male or female.

Prohibited was one of the choices and I chose this answer, which was wrong.

Other answers included...acceptable, disliked, permissible if you have a need, allowed...

I thought silk was not permitted?
                            Permissible if you have a need would be my guess

Comment

I really want my family to embrace Islam but I'm really starting to see perhaps there is a reason they haven't been guided

Behavior and character is just appalling
                              Seems every time I meet I lose some respect. Mum just had an operation and they still treat her like dirt

Comment

My brothers and sisters are shayateen smh

Comment

Working...
                                X