This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Layla_ View Post

Brother, have you ever done ruqya on yourself? Theres a website called ruqya -qa if you are able to source some authentic honey & olive oil try and do the ruqya programme on there Insha allah. Don’t be alarmed that I am mentioning this please but I feel you may benefit wa allahu aalum

With regard to your past, it’s not uncommon for Shaytan to use our shortcomings and perhaps our past as a way in which to hinder us from the remembrance and worship of Allah. There’s a good guilt & a bad guilt. So the good guilt will be that which motivates you to better yourself as a Muslim due to your sins and then the bad guilt will prevent you from acts of worship as you feel you are not worthy. You start to feel despair & low but this is what Shaytan wants.
    You’ve said your past has lead you to doing good & this is key and it’s important and always strive to be the best that you can be.

Its hard to find balance but balance is the key to success in our akhira beithnillah. The believer should be balanced between hope & fear. Hope, that their sins will be forgiven & fear, that perhaps it may not be. Hope without fear will be useless as the believer may become lax in their duties and not strive to be the best that they can be. Fear without hope is again useless as the believer will despair in Allah’s mercy (which is a major sin) and again not strive to do good as they believe nothing will save them. My point is, it’s okay to think of your past but do so in moderation. Remember your past as a way in which to motivate you to do good but don’t remember it in a way in which you start to lose hope in the dunya and lose hope that you’ll ever get to be where you want to be.

When things don’t go as planned in the dunya, learn from it and take it as a test. Always, always, think positive of Allah because Allah is as we think of Him.

Lastly, some of the worst in jahilliyah are the best in Islam. Our Rabb tells us that if we sin, but repent, believe and do good deeds, Allah will forgive us AND REPLACE OUR BAD DEEDS WITH GOOD DEEDS! allahu akbar! Just ponder on this for a minute Subhanallah. Imagine all that you’ve done in past, no matter how grave, Allah turning that into hasanat for you. Wallah this is amazing.
    Barak Allah fikki really appreciate the advice wa lilahil hamd

The mercy of Allah is incredible I didn't think about the sins turning into good deeds so thanks for reminding

Keep up your beneficial posts sometimes a little bit of kindness can go a long way. I needed to hear these words this morning Barak Allah fikki
    What if you woke up today with only the things you thanked Allah for yesterday?

We worry about tomorrow as if its guaranteed

Comment

• Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post

Finding balance is hard to be honest
      Balance beam?

Comment

• Originally posted by Indefinable View Post

Balance beam?
        Ok so all this talk of balance is really ironic. I have a mild form of Parkinson's that for most of my life was only a mild tremor in my hands but a few years back it started screwing with my balance so walking became difficult coz it felt like I was going to fall. I started isolating myself as I'd get quite anxious being out and about so this is one of the reasons my dunya is a bit of a mess

So all this talk of balance is actually quite funny smh

Alhamdulilah I've nearly completely recovered it's only when I dont get much sleep I have issues wa lilahil hamd and now its just trying to piecto my life back together

But yeah I think all this balance talk is really funny

Comment

Ok so all this talk of balance is really ironic. I have a mild form of Parkinson's that for most of my life was only a mild tremor in my hands but a few years back it started screwing with my balance so walking became difficult coz it felt like I was going to fall. I started isolating myself as I'd get quite anxious being out and about so this is one of the reasons my dunya is a bit of a mess

Alhamdulilah I've nearly completely recovered it's only when I dont get much sleep I have issues wa lilahil hamd and now its just trying to piecto my life back together

I can see the irony and sorry if it was insensitive.

Parkinson's, I know of the extreme form. It makes life difficult.

But mild form should be manageable In Sha Allaah. I'm sure there is a link between the gut and the brain.

Maybe look into trying a certain diet which may help it further In Sha Allaah.

Also other people probably don't notice it as much as you feel conscious about it.

Try and be more confident and "own" it. It's a part of you and nothing to be ashamed of.

Comment

Its awesome that u found balance from the parkinsons again. Sleep well, have milk before you sleep instead of coffee at night if u have it.

All of all be grateful.

There are people like me who have the same balance issues.

I just almost fell for no reason today. My balance has been off for years and I have problems with my walk but I only now know its a neurological illness thats making me imbalanced.

So be grateful, look at people like me who are still waiting for the imbalance to be reduced by even a little at all. Alhamdulilah, and Ma sha Allah/Allahumma barik to you brother.
            وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• Also I agree with sister Layla that u eesa the kiwi probs need ruqya. The Qur'an is a healing for mankind not just in people afflicted with sihr/ayn/jinns etc.

For example, my mum had an extreme swollen foot from circulating the Kabah when we were on pilgrimage. So not from sihr but from walking too much.

She put zamzam on it and her foot deflated and became healthy right in front of the people in my pilgrimage/umrah group. That shows that Islamic remedies aren't restricted to people with sihr on them.
              Last edited by LailaTheMuslim; 05-07-19, 09:30 AM.
              وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

I can see the irony and sorry if it was insensitive.

Parkinson's, I know of the extreme form. It makes life difficult.

But mild form should be manageable In Sha Allaah. I'm sure there is a link between the gut and the brain.

Maybe look into trying a certain diet which may help it further In Sha Allaah.

Also other people probably don't notice it as much as you feel conscious about it.

Try and be more confident and "own" it. It's a part of you and nothing to be ashamed of.

No it's not insensitive at all lol you didn't know and even if you did I wouldn't take offense to something like that

I'm heaps better these days it's like it's not there wa lilahil hamd. my hands still shake a bit but I've had that since I was a kid so Im used to it and don't really notice it but in some circumstances people react a bit funny like the dentist thinking she traumatized me pulling a tooth coz I forgot to mention I normally shake lolz

Cops always think you are nervous and up to something lol

Comment

No it's not insensitive at all lol you didn't know and even if you did I wouldn't take offense to something like that

I'm heaps better these days it's like it's not there wa lilahil hamd. my hands still shake a bit but I've had that since I was a kid so Im used to it and don't really notice it but in some circumstances people react a bit funny like the dentist thinking she traumatized me pulling a tooth coz I forgot to mention I normally shake lolz

Cops always think you are nervous and up to something lol
                  I can see how that can appear to others. They probably assume the worst about you.

In other news - I managed to register an examination centre, which is only 10 minutes away Alhamdulillah.

And Aqidah is really interesting. I'm enjoying that the most so far.

Comment

I can see how that can appear to others. They probably assume the worst about you.

In other news - I managed to register an examination centre, which is only 10 minutes away Alhamdulillah.

And Aqidah is really interesting. I'm enjoying that the most so far.
                    I like aqeedah the best too. Alhamdulilah you can do your tests near you

Comment

Alhamdulillaah.

Have you received your assignment grade yet?

Comment

Alhamdulillaah.

Have you received your assignment grade yet?
                        Yes I got an A for aqeedah which is surprising coz I messed up the reference and a B for ettiquetes of seeking knowledge. She said my assignment was well researched and well written but I didnt meet the word count hence the B

Comment

Yes I got an A for aqeedah which is surprising coz I messed up the reference and a B for ettiquetes of seeking knowledge. She said my assignment was well researched and well written but I didnt meet the word count hence the B
                          That's interesting. I didn't get much feedback, only that I needed to provide in text citation. But looking at the scores, I lacked in content.

So I received a B+ overall. (Disappointing for me).

ETH - I received an A+

Comment

That's interesting. I didn't get much feedback, only that I needed to provide in text citation. But looking at the scores, I lacked in content.

So I received a B+ overall. (Disappointing for me).

ETH - I received an A+

It was a hard assignment for aqeedah and honestly I think the question was irrelevant to aqeedah

Comment

It was a hard assignment for aqeedah and honestly I think the question was irrelevant to aqeedah
                              I agree. Even for Computer, ETH, Fiqh and others - the assignment questions are completely unrelated to the course content we have been taught.

I thought it would be about the different branches of Tawheed, and Shirk etc.

I will make a point of it to the Course Co-ordinator. And I will ask for further feedback. In Sha Allaah.

Comment

What have you guys studied so far in aqeedah and what was your exam question for aqeedah?

Comment

Working...
                                X