Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is the brother I asked about: https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/um...7#post10661567
    Last edited by .khayriyyah.; 16-05-18, 11:52 PM.
    "Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pains of this world tire you do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of duaa. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it."
    - Ibn al Qayyim (rahimahullah)

Comment

• Originally posted by Softpeacelily View Post
      Also can someone tell me how to delete a thread? This site is glitchy on my iPhone doesn’t even let me edit a post
      Ive checked my own thread, I dont think we can delete our own started threads. Perhaps the option is available within the few minutes we post a thread.
      Otherwise, I think only mods can delete them. So perhaps you can type a post for mods to delete the thread if necessary.

Comment

• Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah.

How are you brothers and sisters all managing...?
        LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
        -------------------------------
        "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
        NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

• I hope you are all okay in sha Allah

'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

So, which of the favours of your lord will you deny? ~ Surah Ar Rahman

Comment

• I can't quote you eesa but have you tried the following website:

https://quran.com/67

I think it is fantastic to help with pronounciation
            You can also get the app for it

I hope it helps (I'm trying to practice my tajweed too)
            'Whatever it be wherein ye differ, the decision thereof is with Allah: such is Allah my Lord: In Him I trust, and to Him I turn.' The Holy Qu'ran Al Shura (Consultation)

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
              I can't quote you eesa but have you tried the following website:

https://quran.com/67

I think it is fantastic to help with pronounciation
              You can also get the app for it

I hope it helps (I'm trying to practice my tajweed too)
              Jazak Allah khair sister ill check it out inshaAllah
              What is given to dunya is lost forever

Comment

• Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah Eesa the kiwi, how are you doing, dear brother? How has your Ramadhan been...?
                LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)

Comment

• Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
                  Assalamu alaikum warahmatullah Eesa the kiwi, how are you doing, dear brother? How has your Ramadhan been...?
                  Wa alaikum salam rahmatulah wa barakatu

Alhamdulilah grateful for the opportunity of Ramadan but feel like I haven't achieved as much as I could have

hbu bro

Comment

• Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post

Wa alaikum salam rahmatulah wa barakatu

Alhamdulilah grateful for the opportunity of Ramadan but feel like I haven't achieved as much as I could have

hbu bro
                    Hmmm... It feels like It's gone really fast this year. :|

Alhamdulillah, I've kind of been forced by circumstance to really cut everything off and really concentrate on what matters, by His Kindness.

Like you say, though, Br Eesa, it feels like I could be pushing myself a lot more.

But Alhamdulillah.

Still the most precious days left and laylatul Qadr(?)... Please remember me and your other brothers and sisters on here in your du'aas dear brother. I will try to keep you in mine, inshaaAllah, as I hope will others.

(Ps. How long is the fast for you all over there in NZ?)
                    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH

Comment

• Originally posted by Fakhri View Post

Hmmm... It feels like It's gone really fast this year. :|

Alhamdulillah, I've kind of been forced by circumstance to really cut everything off and really concentrate on what matters, by His Kindness.

Like you say, though, Br Eesa, it feels like I could be pushing myself a lot more.

But Alhamdulillah.

Still the most precious days left and laylatul Qadr(?)... Please remember me and your other brothers and sisters on here in your du'aas dear brother. I will try to keep you in mine, inshaaAllah, as I hope will others.

(Ps. How long is the fast for you all over there in NZ?)
                      Fast is roughly eleven hours
                      inshaAllah will make dua bro

Comment

• Eid Mubarak to all of you and everyone else that is celebrating Ramadan alone

All praise is to Allah

This is my first eid that I feel very 'alone' even though i have people around me. It's not nice and I actually miss home.

So I can somewhat related to feel like an outsider, it's not nice

May Allah have mercy on us and give us strength to carry on.Ameen

Comment

• Eid Mubarak, my amazing revert brothers and sisters!
                          وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• Eid Mubarak, Yasin and Laila. Taqabbal Allahu minna wa minkum.
                            "Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pains of this world tire you do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of duaa. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ya'sin View Post
                              Eid Mubarak to all of you and everyone else that is celebrating Ramadan alone

All praise is to Allah

This is my first eid that I feel very 'alone' even though i have people around me. It's not nice and I actually miss home.

So I can somewhat related to feel like an outsider, it's not nice

May Allah have mercy on us and give us strength to carry on.Ameen
                              Ameen. Insha'Allah, things will get better.

Comment

• Eid Mubarak

Comment

Working...
                                X