Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subhaanallah. Really sad to to read these posts. Of course we know these things happen and have been happening from the beginning, but it still doesn't lessen the impact when you come to know about what's happening with people... I know I say this a lot, but brothers and sisters like you, subhaanallah, I can't help but wonder just how incredibly beloved to Allah Ta'aalaa you must be, and how precious and valuable the deeds that you do must be in comparison to those of us who aren't going through similar.

InshaaAllah, you will all be blessed by being able to start your own families going forward when the time is right, hopefully soon, so the loneliness can be eased. (May Allah Ta'aalaa make it so.)

LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
    -------------------------------
    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

• Alhamdulillah, that's encouraging ^

Jazakallahu Khayra

Comment

• Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post

Think of the family you will have in jannah inshaAllah thats what i try do and Alhamdulilah it'
        Comforting to think of
        seems to be a common theme these issues of not fitting in with family subhanallah. Stay strong and try keep the end goal in view (jannah)

Have you tried reading the dua for your sadness? I can post it here? InshaAllah Allah will replace your sadness with joy
        Sure. JazakAllah Khayr.
        "Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pains of this world tire you do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of duaa. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it."
        - Ibn al Qayyim (rahimahullah)

Comment

• Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post

Sure. JazakAllah Khayr.
          It was reported from ‘Abd-Allaah ibn Mas’ood that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “No person suffers any anxiety or grief, and says:
          للّهُـمَّ إِنِّي عَبْـدُكَ ابْنُ عَبْـدِكَ ابْنُ أَمَتِـكَ نَاصِيَتِي بِيَـدِكَ، مَاضٍ فِيَّ حُكْمُكَ، عَدْلٌ فِيَّ قَضَاؤكَ أَسْأَلُـكَ بِكُلِّ اسْمٍ هُوَ لَكَ سَمَّـيْتَ بِهِ نَفْسَكَ أِوْ أَنْزَلْتَـهُ فِي كِتَابِكَ، أَوْ عَلَّمْـتَهُ أَحَداً مِنْ خَلْقِـكَ أَوِ اسْتَـأْثَرْتَ بِهِ فِي عِلْمِ الغَيْـبِ عِنْـدَكَ أَنْ تَجْـعَلَ القُرْآنَ رَبِيـعَ قَلْبِـي، وَنورَ صَـدْرِي وجَلَاءَ حُـزْنِي وذَهَابَ هَمِّـي
          ‘Allaahumma innee ‘abduka wa ibn ‘abdika wa ibn amatika, naasiyati bi yadika, maadin fiyya hukmuka, ‘adlun fiyya qadaa’uka, as’aluka bi kulli ismin huwa laka sammayta bihi nafsaka aw anzaltahu fi kitaabika aw ‘allamtahu ahadan min khalqika aw ista’tharta bihi fi ‘ilm il-ghaybi ‘andak an taj’ala al-Qur’aana rabee’ qalbi wa noor sadri wa jalaa’a huzni wa dhahaaba hammi’
          “O Allaah, I am Your slave, son of Your slave, son of Your female slave, my forelock is in Your hand, Your command over me is forever executed and Your decree over me is just. I ask You by every Name belonging to You which You named Yourself with, or revealed in Your Book, or You taught to any of Your creation, or You have preserved in the knowledge of the unseen with You, that You make the Qur’aan the life of my heart and the light of my breast, and a departure for my sorrow and a release for my anxiety”
          but Allaah will take away his sorrow and grief, and give him in their stead joy.” (Ahmad 1/391)
          It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
          "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Comment

• salam alaikum

As messed up as it sounds hearing that other reverts are lonely actually makes me feel a little better. Not that I am taking pleasure in other people pain but moreso that I am not the on that is going through this. There's been times in my life I felt alone like when I was solitary confinment in 23 1/2 hour lockup but then I really was alone. living in a city with 10's of thousands of muslims and feeling totally excluded from the community is more painful than absolutely no human contact at all.

I knew Islam would bring changes into my life but it feels like I've changed so much that I don't know who I am anymore.

sometimes I pray and pray and bare my soul to Allah swt with tears rolling down my face asking for things I really need in life like companionship and love and here I am years later wondering what I did wrong that my duas went unanswered and only evil people came into my life to oppress me,lead me astray and harm me.

I always feel like a hypocrite as each day I ask myself"this is it? this is what I sacrificed and changed for?"

I feel like a hyprocrite as I know I'm suppose to call my family and neighbors to islam but I think about what I've been through and don't want others to suffer through all those things.

Comment

• Originally posted by Samsandman View Post
              salam alaikum

As messed up as it sounds hearing that other reverts are lonely actually makes me feel a little better. Not that I am taking pleasure in other people pain but moreso that I am not the on that is going through this. There's been times in my life I felt alone like when I was solitary confinment in 23 1/2 hour lockup but then I really was alone. living in a city with 10's of thousands of muslims and feeling totally excluded from the community is more painful than absolutely no human contact at all.

I knew Islam would bring changes into my life but it feels like I've changed so much that I don't know who I am anymore.

sometimes I pray and pray and bare my soul to Allah swt with tears rolling down my face asking for things I really need in life like companionship and love and here I am years later wondering what I did wrong that my duas went unanswered and only evil people came into my life to oppress me,lead me astray and harm me.

I always feel like a hypocrite as each day I ask myself"this is it? this is what I sacrificed and changed for?"

I feel like a hyprocrite as I know I'm suppose to call my family and neighbors to islam but I think about what I've been through and don't want others to suffer through all those things.
              Thing is bro success in this life while good shouldn't be the main goal it's the hereafter that counts. I say this with full sympathy my own dunya is far from perfect I have a disability that makes leaving the house difficult on days let alone getting married despite how lonely I've been for the last decade but tbh I'm really starting to not care. I'm putting in the effort now so I can live it up in the hereafter. So what if I can't have the wife and kids I desperately desire so what if I don't have the car and the job and the health and I have to take this medication that makes me so sick. This world isn't worth the wing of a mosquito to Allah. Compared to the hereafter that stuff is literally worthless

the point I'm making is you are building your eternal home and the stuff your missing out on isn't even worth a mosquitoes wing. In compared to eternity our time on earth isn't even a split second so hang in there. Put in the effort here to live it up there. Think of your wife from the maidens in jannah bro when you see her smile inshaAllah (may Allah Grant is all spouses in jannah) all the sadness and struggle you went through is going to is going to see so worthwhile

We aren't miskeen bro despite our trials. Miskeen are the people who don't know the sweetness of Islam and have no hereafter.

may Allah grant us his jannah and the opportunity to have a cold one together in the hereafter one day
              It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
              "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Comment

• Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post

Thing is bro success in this life while good shouldn't be the main goal it's the hereafter that counts. I say this with full sympathy my own dunya is far from perfect I have a disability that makes leaving the house difficult on days let alone getting married despite how lonely I've been for the last decade but tbh I'm really starting to not care. I'm putting in the effort now so I can live it up in the hereafter. So what if I can't have the wife and kids I desperately desire so what if I don't have the car and the job and the health and I have to take this medication that makes me so sick. This world isn't worth the wing of a mosquito to Allah. Compared to the hereafter that stuff is literally worthless

the point I'm making is you are building your eternal home and the stuff your missing out on isn't even worth a mosquitoes wing. In compared to eternity our time on earth isn't even a split second so hang in there. Put in the effort here to live it up there. Think of your wife from the maidens in jannah bro when you see her smile inshaAllah (may Allah Grant is all spouses in jannah) all the sadness and struggle you went through is going to is going to see so worthwhile

We aren't miskeen bro despite our trials. Miskeen are the people who don't know the sweetness of Islam and have no hereafter.

may Allah grant us his jannah and the opportunity to have a cold one together in the hereafter one day
                ameen

Comment

• Originally posted by Samsandman View Post
                  salam alaikum

Assalamu alaikum,

I know a revert brother who said he feels isolated too. My advice to him was to look into joining a charity or joining a dawah group. This way you can get blessings and meet new friends too insha'Allah. The people who work at charity and who are part of a dawah organisation will probably be the type of Muslims who are good for friendship insha'Allah. I'm a bit of a "loner" type of person, I mean, I like being on my own and dont really crave social interaction too much. Going the masjid and attending a few Islamic conferences is fine by me. But I know if I wanted to make more Muslim friends then I would go down route of joining Islamic organisations becasue I think I wold get on well with the brothers who have the heart and passion to help others and I think the brothers there would be more practicing Muslims and we should choose our companions wisely.

"The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) is reported to have said: “The likeness of a good companion and a bad companion is that of a perfume seller and one who works the bellows. With the perfume seller, either he will give you something or you will buy something from him, or you will notice a good smell from him, but with the one who works the bellows, either he will burn your clothes or you notice a bad smell from him.” Narrated by Muslim, no. 2628.

But if the intention behind sitting with this person is to soften his heart and call him to Allaah, and guide him to the right path, then this is a virtuous action, as Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):

“And who is better in speech than he who [says: “My Lord is Allaah (believes in His Oneness),” and then stands firm (acts upon His Order), and] invites (men) to Allaah’s (Islamic Monotheism), and does righteous deeds”

[Fussilat 41:33] "

I know here in the UK they have yearly Islamic conferences, and loads of charity and dawah organisations too. Try contacting them, meet up with them. Meet some new Muslim friends and at the same time fill you spare time with activities that will gain you reward in this life and the next. I know there are "New Muslim Organisations" out there too that you may be able to take part in https://iera.org/our-work/new-muslim...slim-retreats/

May Allah ease all of our hardships and grant us the best of this life and the next. Ameen.

Among the trials with which Allaah tests His slaves in order to distinguish the believers from the disbelievers is that which He mentions in the aayah (interpretation of the meaning):

“And certainly, We shall test you with something of fear, hunger, loss of wealth, lives and fruits, but give glad tidings to As-Saabiroon (the patient).

Who, when afflicted with calamity, say: ‘Truly, to Allaah we belong and truly, to Him we shall return.’

They are those on whom are the Salawaat (i.e. who are blessed and will be forgiven) from their Lord, and (they are those who) receive His Mercy, and it is they who are the guided ones”

[al-Baqarah 2:155-157]

Allah, may He be exalted, says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Or think you that you will enter Paradise without such (trials) as came to those who passed away before you? They were afflicted with severe poverty and ailments and were so shaken that even the Messenger and those who believed along with him said, ‘When (will come) the Help of Allah?’ Yes! Certainly, the Help of Allah is near!”

[al-Baqarah 2:214].
                  www.puremuslimmatch.com

*The Free Marriage Agency for practising Muslims*

Comment

• ( ^ :jkk: dear brother. Alhamdulillah.)
                    LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                    -------------------------------
                    "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
                    NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

• May Allah make it easy for anyone going through these kind of struggles

Comment

• Bump

Comment

• Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
                          May Allah make it easy for anyone going through these kind of struggles
                          Aameen.

Comment

• May Allah bless and help the new Muslims suffering for their faith, and Muslims suffering in general, ameen.
                            وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• Easter is annoying

Comment

• Ok we had this dinner at my sisters. Her partner was there and his parents. I needed to pray magrib so I used the spare room

everyone else was Christian and when I was praying someone said something I didn't hear what but then mum replied something like well if it (meaning my islam) means my son is still alive I'll take it

for her to say that, she's come a long way

Comment

Working...
                                X