X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Muslim support thread

Originally posted by Cptn._.Mario View Post
    Are there any female whatsapp groups for reverts? I know someone who needs support in the uk.
    [MENTION=140612]Rifqah[/MENTION]
    It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
    "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Comment

seems like a nice idea

Comment

Originally posted by Cptn._.Mario View Post
        Are there any female whatsapp groups for reverts? I know someone who needs support in the uk.
        None that I know of, not specifically revert groups.

There's an Ummah Forum sisters whatsapp group but I'm not in it. I was, but I left. I'm not sure who is still in it, maybe Creamcake is?

Comment

Asalamu alaikum rahmatulah wa barakatu

how do other reverts cope with loneliness, seems to be a common theme

born Muslims can answer too I'm not suggesting they are immune
          It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
          "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Comment

(Wa'laykussalam warahmatullahi wabarakaatuh)

How have things been lately, br @eesa the kiwi?
            This thread's been quiet for a few weeks. (Not that long, I know, but still)

Your question above is probably eliciting one common response in people's heads :p... not really in the position to answer that seeing as I am looking for the opposite right now myself... (For some time at least.)

How is your mum doing, and everyone else?
            Anything been going on of note...?

-------------------------------------
            I remember you mentioned a while back you were doing the bayyinah Arabic program... I've been meaning to ask for a while but keep forgetting. Are you still with it or have you put that on hold for the time being...? How are you/did you find it?

PS. I really hope all of you brothers and sisters who post and have posted on here before are managing alright... Wish we could do more to practically help make things a bit easier for you all... May Allah Ta'aalaa keep you all always upon hidayah and bless you all with acceptance of each and every sacrifice you have made and will make, inshaa'. May He multiply abundantly and magnify tremendously the sacrifices and efforts you make, however small they might be considered as being.

​​​​
            Last edited by Fakhri; 25-01-18, 05:03 AM.
            LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
            -------------------------------
            "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
            NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post

I guess you just try to find things to keep you occupied. My moms a revert and I'm sure that it was very lonely a lot of the time being away from her family and becoming so different but as I said, she just found other things to occupy herself with like me and my sibling and work and reading.

Comment

Fakhri

things have been good Alhamdulilah, going through a few trials but alhamdulilah I have been blessed in other ways so can't complain

yeah there is one obvious solution but that's not really an option atm due to a few issues I've been having but alhamdulilah

my mum is well Alhamdulilah but she is still very far from Islam may Allah rectify her condition and guide her

as for bayyinah it was good for learning Arabic but I'd be wary of his tafsirs as they seem very opinion based rather than reffering back to Quran and sunnah idk after reading ibn kathir and his methodology of deriving tafsir naks tafsir just made me uneasy. Haven't done much Arabic recently need to get back into it

Comment

aelmo

thanks for your reply. I try stay occupied but sometimes you need human contact lol. The masjid near me is meant to be starting like a group for converts inshaAllah will go along and try meet some people

Comment

aelmo

thanks for your reply. I try stay occupied but sometimes you need human contact lol. The masjid near me is meant to be starting like a group for converts inshaAllah will go along and try meet some people
                    That's really nice that your mosque does that. I know in some places there are these revert centers, but they probably don't have that in New Zealand. Inshallah you meet a lot of new Muslim friends :)

Comment

aelmo

Eesa i am more lonely than anyone here lol,anytime you want my pm is open bro,your welcome
                      first its angels,then mankind,then jinn,then gog-magog,then shaytan,the its me,the worst of creation

Comment

Br Eesa the kiwi

I'm glad to to know you're well, dear brother, alhamdulillah. Also that your mum sounds like she's doing better in general.

​​​... When I think of your situation, and of the brothers and sisters like you, I can't help but think of a certain well known speaker's father recently entering into Islam at pretty much his death bed after so many decades of being around Islam / Muslims. I know you're aware of course, but we really don't know... Even at the last few breaths, people are receiving hidayah... inshaa'Allah... need to keep trying and making du'aa... Ameen. May Allah Ta'aalaa open her heart to Islam one day soon, dear brother, and bring her comfort and contentment in His 'uboodiyyah, along with the rest of your family.

------------
                        I understand what you mean, about the tafseer.
                        ...Alhamdulillah, you've still got plans to resume the Arabic. A lot of the time brothers start and then become put off and leave it altogether. Please keep with it my beloved brother, even if it's revising/adding very little each time, until you do resume formally.

ps.
                        The masjid program - that sounds really good, tbh. Alhamdulillah. Brilliant actually. Keep us all informed on how it goes, inshaa'Allah! :]
                        Last edited by Fakhri; 27-01-18, 12:20 AM.
                        LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
                        -------------------------------
                        "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
                        NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

(Asalaamu Aleikum Wa Rahmatulah)

loneliness for me was never an issue until I converted. My family don't feel like my family any more and I often feel like I am in this world alone.

My family view me as though Satan has me in his grasp and that I need their prayer, well the Christian half of my family do. The Atheist members feel I've been brainwashed and that I've chosen to go against my country, the values with which I've been raised and that I've rejected my family with my decisions, like it is one or the other and that I can't have both.

It means I stay in my room a lot as the debates and comments can be exhausting. It means the fun and closeness I used to have with them all, that ease, the loving embrace, I don't have that any more.

I've certainly grieved that this first year.

I don't regret a single thing though because what has happened has nothing to do with Islam. It's not until you shine light on a thing you can see what is really there.

My brother has thrown all of my Islamic clothing away, (this was last year). I had nothing to leave the house with. This and other things happen regularly.

So, I feel more alone than lonely but I have no choice but to hold on tight to everything about Allah aza wa jal and do dikr etc.

I keep busy and know that life will change at some point. Until then, I tell myself that when life stretches you, you learn how to be resilient. I think of those brothers and sisters in other countries who are tested and stretched in ways I could never cope with (Ma Shaa Allah) and they keep going Alhamdulillah. I listen to their stories and what they are going through and it helps me. Not that it invalidates what we go through, but for me it inspires me and makes me more grateful to Allah subhana wa ta'ala.

That's how I deal with feeling alone.

I come on here, see all the positive posts and reminders and that helps too. It makes me feel that I belong in some small way.

So Jazakallahu Khuyra for your threads and posts that help remind, inspire and focus people. May Allah ta ala make things easy for you, keep you strong and bring our families to the truth, ameen.
                          Last edited by Rifqah; 28-01-18, 01:16 AM.

Comment

Waaleikum salam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Being alone doesn't hurt me, it's the feeling that no one cares that makes me upset. It feels like I lost my family, and before Islam they were all I had since I've never been an outgoing person. I feel hated and alone, but what hurts the most is feeling hated. After a while I got over it to some extent so it doesn't hurt as much, but I try not to think about the things that upset me since there is no point. If I distract myself with something else I'll forget about it for a while.
                            "Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pains of this world tire you do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of duaa. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it."
                            - Ibn al Qayyim (rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by Rifqah View Post

(Asalaamu Aleikum Wa Rahmatulah)

lonliness for me was never an issue until I converted. My family don't feel like my family any more and I often feel like I am in this world alone.

My family view me as though Satan has me in his grasp and that I need their prayer, well the Christian half of my family do. The Atheist members feel I've been brainwashed and that I've chosen to go against my country, the values with which I've been raised and that I've rejected my family with my decisions, like it is one or the other and that I can't have both.

It means I stay in my room a lot as the debates and comments can be exhausting. It means the fun and closeness I used to have with them all, that ease, the loving embrace, I don't have that any more.

I've certainly grieved that this first year.

I don't regret a single thing though because what has happened has nothing to do with Islam. It's not until you shine light on a thing you can see what is really there.

My brother has thrown all of my Islamic clothing away, (this was last year). I had nothing to leave the house with. This and other things happen regularly.

So, I feel more alone than lonely but I have no choice but to hold on tight to everything about Allah aza wa jal and do dikr etc.

I keep busy and know that life will change at some point. Until then, I tell myself that when life stretches you, you learn how to be resilient. I think of those brothers and sisters in other countries who are tested and stretched in ways I could never cope with (Ma Shaa Allah) and they keep going Alhamdulillah. I listen to their stories and what they are going through and it helps me. Not that it invalidates what we go through, but for me it inspires me and makes me more grateful to Allah subhana wa ta'ala.

That's how I deal with feeling alone.

I come on here, see all the positive posts and reminders and that helps too. It makes me feel that I belong in some small way.

So Jazakallahu Khuyra for your threads and posts that help remind, inspire and focus people. May Allah ta ala make things easy for you, keep you strong and bring our families to the truth, ameen.
                              When I read your post I was reminded of the hadith about strangers. Stay strong sister may Allah make things easy for you with your family

thanks for the inspiring post I feel better now Alhamdulilah

Comment

Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post

Waaleikum salam warahmatullahi wabarakatuh

Being alone doesn't hurt me, it's the feeling that no one cares that makes me upset. It feels like I lost my family, and before Islam they were all I had since I've never been an outgoing person. I feel hated and alone, but what hurts the most is feeling hated. After a while I got over it to some extent so it doesn't hurt as much, but I try not to think about the things that upset me since there is no point. If I distract myself with something else I'll forget about it for a while.
                                Think of the family you will have in jannah inshaAllah thats what i try do and Alhamdulilah it'
                                Comforting to think of
                                seems to be a common theme these issues of not fitting in with family subhanallah. Stay strong and try keep the end goal in view (jannah)

Have you tried reading the dua for your sadness? I can post it here? InshaAllah Allah will replace your sadness with joy

Comment

Working...
                                X