X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: New Muslim support thread

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
    I'm in a similar situation, I tell my family not to buy me presents but they do anyway

Don't really know how to handle it
    Originally posted by lonelyniqabi View Post
    You can accept their gifts, just don't offer one in return.

"With regard to accepting a gift from a kaafir on the day of his festival, there is nothing wrong with that, and that is not regarded as participating in it or approving of it, rather it should be accepted as an act of kindness, with the aim of softening his heart and calling him to Islam. Allaah has permitted kindness and fair treatment towards the kaafir who is not fighting the Muslims, as He says (interpretation of the meaning):

“Allaah does not forbid you to deal justly and kindly with those who fought not against you on account of religion nor drove you out of your homes. Verily, Allaah loves those who deal with equity”

[al-Mumtahanah 60:8]"

https://islamqa.info/en/85108

:jkk: sis for that information. I thanked my sister for including me and asked her if she wouldn't mind leaving her gift unwrapped and to give it me in the new year just as a gift but not at Christmastime. Then Inshallah, i am free to get them one in return am I not?

Comment

Nice thread,Masha Allah!
      Try these Islamic Quizzes !! It is Fun :evilb:

Comment

Four sleeps to go and the inshaAllah I don't have to put up with this holiday for another year
        Imagine sleeping without praying isha and then waking up in your grave- bilal Phillips

Comment

Originally posted by Rifqah View Post
          :wswrwb:

Great idea for a thread! Mashallah.

I'm just glad I have changed jobs as the outward appearance of changing from non Muslim to Muslim would be really hard to gain acceptance. In a new job people just accept that as they've only known you in that way. However, I am still getting given Christmas cards and I never know what to say. Sometimes I say,
          "You know I'm Muslim right?"
          Other times I say it's a nice card and then add that I wouldn't be sending one in return and people generally laugh.

I've been challenged a lot by other Muslims at work, usually about prayer. I've not come across anyone who prays at work, they must catch up when they get home.

My family is my hardest challenge for me to deal with. I almost have to step outside myself and look at their actions and words dispassionately and examine the cause from their point of view, but it's so difficult as I love them and I want to hug them and say it's still me, I love you so please just be the same with me. It's almost like I can see my brother thinking 'here comes the Muslim' rather than 'here comes my sister'.

He's been okay this week though Alhamdulillah even though I declined to visit him for Christmas. I said I'd come in January instead. He asked me if I would have a gift and I said I'd rather not and he joked that he would save money, which was super nice of him to lighten it a bit. So I laughed and said that there was always a bright side to these things.
          Just think of how proud of you you family will be on Qiyyamah when they see the honor inshaAllah Allah will give you for being a believer despite the trials you go through
          Inshallah, who knows what Allah (swt) will give me. Hopefully it will be according to His mercy rather than what I deserve.
          :salams

A weak Muslim needs dua, education and encouragement towards iman, not cursing. It's probably a good decision not to reveal it though, mashallah, for the sake of the brother and your sister.

We converts have these tests but born Muslims have cultural ones equally as challenging from what I read.

I'm so glad you made this thread where we can support each other.

:jkk:
          This exchange between you two just...touched me for some reason. I'm not sure why lol. May Allah increase you both in eman and steadfastness and make you examples for your fellow muslims. May He also guide your families to Islam so you may all exchange gifts on the two Eids instead of christmas and admit you and your familiesto paradise together. Ameen.

Proud to call you my brother and sister in Islam. (proud not like in a prideful way but like in a pleased sort of way...you know what I mean lol)

Comment

Three sleeps to go, going to breathe a sigh of relief and say Alhamdulilah I think
            [MENTION=102525]TCKMuslima[/MENTION] :jkk: for the dua
            Imagine sleeping without praying isha and then waking up in your grave- bilal Phillips

Comment

They're calling for snow where I live and I'm hoping it snows and the freeways are closed so no one can make it here for Christmas eve and Christmas day lol

It won't snow here for sure but up in the mountains it might so here's to hoping!!

Comment

Originally posted by brightesthour View Post
                They're calling for snow where I live and I'm hoping it snows and the freeways are closed so no one can make it here for Christmas eve and Christmas day lol

It won't snow here for sure but up in the mountains it might so here's to hoping!!
                May Allah help you navigate through this pagan holiday safely and also grant you snow

Comment

May Allah help you navigate through this pagan holiday safely and also grant you snow
                  Ameen

Would be nice getting a break, I'd feel bad for my mom though since she spent a lot of money on food for both days. Eek.

Comment

Ameen

Would be nice getting a break, I'd feel bad for my mom though since she spent a lot of money on food for both days. Eek.
                    My mum gets herself in debt every year trying to make a nice Christmas buying food and presents only to have a miserable day as kids treat her poorly (they're adults btw)
                    She had an operation last week and she's still going all out trying to make something happen

It's pretty sad May Allah guide her

Comment

My mum gets herself in debt every year trying to make a nice Christmas buying food and presents only to have a miserable day as kids treat her poorly (they're adults btw)
                      She had an operation last week and she's still going all out trying to make something happen

It's pretty sad May Allah guide her
                      Yeah honestly my mom is getting tired of it too. She complains but does it every year because she wants to see my brothers and her brothers. And it's the only time she can see them since they have a mini winter break and she does too.

I think she'll stop if my brother and his wife move into a house then they'll have the space to host it. And then I can stay home. Woot

Comment

Today and tomorrow and it'll finally be over

Comment

Hate being around people who drink
                          Alcohol does not make one big and clever

Comment

Don't know why they bother celebrating everyone just winds up at each others throats and miserable
                            Also my sister's boyfriend just had a go at mum so I'm fuming
                            Doing an [MENTION=107240]brightesthour[/MENTION] and using a thread to vent

Comment

Don't know why they bother celebrating everyone just winds up at each others throats and miserable
                              Also my sister's boyfriend just had a go at mum so I'm fuming
                              Doing an [MENTION=107240]brightesthour[/MENTION] and using a thread to vent
                              I made a thread about my terrible night, I should've just posted it here but decided on making a thread. You all can vent there too if you'd like, I know as Muslims we should ignore Christmas but it's hard when you're still at home and have no where else to go.

Comment

I made a thread about my terrible night, I should've just posted it here but decided on making a thread. You all can vent there too if you'd like, I know as Muslims we should ignore Christmas but it's hard when you're still at home and have no where else to go.
                                Yeah I saw your thread. May Allah make things easy for you if my brother did what yours did I'd want to deck him

Comment

Working...
                                X