Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Muslim support thread

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Re: New Muslim support thread

    Originally posted by SaraVR View Post
    No, things are much worse, They have completely restricted my internet usage, currently they are out of the house so I can snatch a few minutes online. Refusing to allow me to use the internet is what is going to break me I think. I've described all this before, I'm a revert in a non muslim country. I do not have many Muslims in my town. Maybe less than 40. It's a small town and there is no Mosque or centre where I can go. I have so much to learn and without the internet I fear I am making many mistakes and this scares me
    Sis, if you are old enough to leave home, I can help find you somewhere to live so that you don't have to stay there (assuming you're in the UK that is).

    If not, failing that, I can send you books (as you cannot access the internet too often) then you can read them and learn about Islam correctly.

    If you're in the UK, Inshallah I'll come and visit you and find out where the nearest masjid is so they can be aware of your situation and send you support through the post.

    PM me when you get online next please. Until then I'll make dua along with the others Inshallah.

    Comment


    • Re: New Muslim support thread

      Originally posted by Rifqah View Post
      Sis, if you are old enough to leave home, I can help find you somewhere to live so that you don't have to stay there (assuming you're in the UK that is).

      If not, failing that, I can send you books (as you cannot access the internet too often) then you can read them and learn about Islam correctly.

      If you're in the UK, Inshallah I'll come and visit you and find out where the nearest masjid is so they can be aware of your situation and send you support through the post.

      PM me when you get online next please. Until then I'll make dua along with the others Inshallah.
      :jkk:

      Need to rep around but may Allah reward you for your efforts. InshaAllah you'll be able to help
      Imagine sleeping without praying isha and then waking up in your grave- bilal Phillips

      Comment


      • Re: New Muslim support thread

        Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post
        Sis, can you try buying a phone and hiding it from them? Like, the cheap ones you can get for 20 dollars at gas stations. I don't know if you guys sell phones like that over there.

        Also, is your brother okay with your conversion? Do you think you could try to get him to help you?

        Keep making dua, sis. Allah will provide for you, insha'Allah.
        Thank you My brother is absolutely fine with everything. He's the only one who hasn't changed towards me. He's currently away training for a new job, his absence is the reason my situation is worse. When he is at home my parents are not so strict with me.

        Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
        [MENTION=1571]admin[/MENTION] [MENTION=8041]moderators[/MENTION] [MENTION=15366]-Yassar[/MENTION] [MENTION=22732]Fais[/MENTION] [MENTION=25581].Hajar.[/MENTION] [MENTION=30830]Pippin1376[/MENTION] [MENTION=30214]Abu 'Abdullaah[/MENTION] [MENTION=38207]Jenicca[/MENTION] [MENTION=47843]samin62[/MENTION] [MENTION=76113]علي[/MENTION] [MENTION=87885]Meriadoc[/MENTION] [MENTION=105052]Darul Ilm[/MENTION] [MENTION=139630]device[/MENTION]
        [MENTION=99637]Gingerbeardman[/MENTION]

        Is there any possible way for you to help this individual , beyond dua'a and words of encouragement ?

        May Allah grant you all khayr
        Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post
        I am sorry I did not address these things earlier, but do you think you can try to email the masjid closest to you? You never know what kind of help they may be able to offer. I know you're not in the UK, but you're close so maybe contact Solace? They offer support to those outside of the UK. They may have better advice.

        http://www.solaceuk.org/

        If you make mistakes because you did not know any better, there isn't any blame on you. You won't be held accountable for that. And don't worry, they will never break you. You can handle it, sis.

        “Allah does not burden a soul beyond that it can bear...” (Quran 2:286)
        Thank you both. I know I will get through this, I feel like giving up but I won't!

        Originally posted by Rifqah View Post
        Sis, if you are old enough to leave home, I can help find you somewhere to live so that you don't have to stay there (assuming you're in the UK that is).

        If not, failing that, I can send you books (as you cannot access the internet too often) then you can read them and learn about Islam correctly.

        If you're in the UK, Inshallah I'll come and visit you and find out where the nearest masjid is so they can be aware of your situation and send you support through the post.

        PM me when you get online next please. Until then I'll make dua along with the others Inshallah.
        I will PM you when I have more time online and more time to think about what to do. I will have to leave home, that much is clear to me now. I never thought the ones to show most resistance to this would be my parents. My friends and the Irish people themselves are absolutely fine with it. The Irish are way too relaxed about everything lol. They really have a live and let live attitude so they don't care. I'm not sure if I should leave Ireland totally or just my home town.

        Comment


        • Re: New Muslim support thread

          Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
          :salams
          Hang in there sister if it makes you feel better there are a lot of converts going through similar trials
          Will be making dua inshaAllah
          [MENTION=99637]Gingerbeardman[/MENTION] is there any support services in the UK the sister can take advantage of
          Thank you as always Eesa. I know lots of converts are going through similar but I also know lots of converts and all Muslims are going through far worse than me so I try not to get too down about things

          Comment


          • Re: New Muslim support thread

            Originally posted by SaraVR View Post
            Thank you My brother is absolutely fine with everything. He's the only one who hasn't changed towards me. He's currently away training for a new job, his absence is the reason my situation is worse. When he is at home my parents are not so strict with me.

            Thank you both. I know I will get through this, I feel like giving up but I won't!
            Alhamdulillah, that's good to hear. He'll be back before you know it. Insha'Allah, it will feel like he wasn't gone for long.

            So do you think he will travel for whatever reason and you'll be in this situation again? If you think he will, it's good to prepare for it and get him to help you once he is back, if possible. I think it's really important to have internet access, especially when you're in such a vulnerable position.

            I'm glad you feel that way. May Allah keep you steadfast. :brf:
            "Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pains of this world tire you do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of duaa. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it."
            - Ibn al Qayyim (rahimahullah)

            Comment


            • Re: New Muslim support thread

              Originally posted by SaraVR View Post
              No, things are much worse, They have completely restricted my internet usage, currently they are out of the house so I can snatch a few minutes online. Refusing to allow me to use the internet is what is going to break me I think. I've described all this before, I'm a revert in a non muslim country. I do not have many Muslims in my town. Maybe less than 40. It's a small town and there is no Mosque or centre where I can go. I have so much to learn and without the internet I fear I am making many mistakes and this scares me
              Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post
              Alhamdulillah, that's good to hear. He'll be back before you know it. Insha'Allah, it will feel like he wasn't gone for long.

              So do you think he will travel for whatever reason and you'll be in this situation again? If you think he will, it's good to prepare for it and get him to help you once he is back, if possible. I think it's really important to have internet access, especially when you're in such a vulnerable position.

              I'm glad you feel that way. May Allah keep you steadfast. :brf:
              subhanallah..

              Allah truly guides who he wills.

              Contact the masjid sister.

              Also, how hard is it to move from Ireland to London? Is Ireland part of the commonwealth?..Best move imo, is to stay in Ireland if you're religion is not restricted..No reason to move, specially since you're new to the religion and have no legitimate wali to help you move around.

              but if it was restricted and you face oppression, move to London but I was told Muslims aren't exactly having an easier time there despite their numbers....

              Maybe Canada..I know Canada is part of the commonwealth and Americans and Brits have no problems moving in and out of Canada...Don't know if Ireland is part of the commonwealth though..

              Find a reliable sister to help you with your situation..This is the best advice I can give you.
              Stop being apologetic to Kuffars!

              If I don't engage with you or reply to any of your question, it's likely because I find you racist and a total waste of time.

              Comment


              • Re: New Muslim support thread

                It's threads like these and Post about reverts struggling is what makes me wonder why I not doing more to help reverts considering my parents are reverts and even as a born Muslim I still had to go through things most reverts go through since all my relatives are non-muslims...
                Stop being apologetic to Kuffars!

                If I don't engage with you or reply to any of your question, it's likely because I find you racist and a total waste of time.

                Comment


                • Re: New Muslim support thread

                  Originally posted by Abdell View Post
                  subhanallah..

                  Allah truly guides who he wills.

                  Contact the masjid sister.

                  Also, how hard is it to move from Ireland to London? Is Ireland part of the commonwealth?..Best move imo, is to stay in Ireland if you're religion is not restricted..No reason to move, specially since you're new to the religion and have no legitimate wali to help you move around.

                  but if it was restricted and you face oppression, move to London but I was told Muslims aren't exactly having an easier time there despite their numbers....

                  Maybe Canada..I know Canada is part of the commonwealth and Americans and Brits have no problems moving in and out of Canada...Don't know if Ireland is part of the commonwealth though..

                  Find a reliable sister to help you with your situation..This is the best advice I can give you.
                  She just said there is no masjid in her town.

                  Moving out seems the only option.

                  Comment


                  • Re: New Muslim support thread

                    Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                    She just said there is no masjid in her town.

                    Moving out seems the only option.
                    Typically, towns with very small communities have "hidden" masjids in people's homes. Maybe she hasn't found it yet.

                    But if there isn't any community at all even at a small number, I'd consider moving to England or Canada...Seems like Canada is a better and much easier place to practice Islam. I have heard of no one here who complains about maltreatment...Brothers and Sisters are walking around with their thobes and Niqabs downtown without fear of Police Questioning.

                    But England is much closer...

                    Are you from England bro? Do Irish citizens have to go though long immigration papers to move to England?

                    Brits in Canada and Canadians who move to england never seem to have any problems and it takes very little time before they're approved or something...
                    Stop being apologetic to Kuffars!

                    If I don't engage with you or reply to any of your question, it's likely because I find you racist and a total waste of time.

                    Comment


                    • Re: New Muslim support thread

                      Originally posted by Abdell View Post
                      Typically, towns with very small communities have "hidden" masjids in people's homes. Maybe she hasn't found it yet.

                      But if there isn't any community at all even at a small number, I'd consider moving to England or Canada...Seems like Canada is a better and much easier place to practice Islam. I have heard of no one here who complains about maltreatment...Brothers and Sisters are walking around with their thobes and Niqabs downtown without fear of Police Questioning.

                      But England is much closer...

                      Are you from England bro? Do Irish citizens have to go though long immigration papers to move to England?

                      Brits in Canada and Canadians who move to england never seem to have any problems and it takes very little time before they're approved or something...
                      Nah bro I'm in America (which I definitely would not recommend moving to lol).

                      Comment


                      • Re: New Muslim support thread

                        Originally posted by Stoic Believer View Post
                        Nah bro I'm in America (which I definitely would not recommend moving to lol).
                        lol..Move to Canada bro.

                        Seems like moving to Ireland to Canada is much easier than some other Countries...

                        They have an IEC system that allow Irish people to apply for temporary Visa in Canada..Even those without Jobs.

                        They issue 10k IEC visas every year to Irish people...

                        I swear if this was the case with most Asian Countries, Canada would just be China or some other Asian country..lol
                        Stop being apologetic to Kuffars!

                        If I don't engage with you or reply to any of your question, it's likely because I find you racist and a total waste of time.

                        Comment


                        • Re: New Muslim support thread

                          Also not calling Canada racist or anything, but strange how Ireland has this agreement that basically makes it incredibly easy to migrate to Canada..

                          Get the temporary visa, and apply for residency in Canada.

                          Some of the visible minorities here have to dig up Gold just to get a temporary visa..
                          Stop being apologetic to Kuffars!

                          If I don't engage with you or reply to any of your question, it's likely because I find you racist and a total waste of time.

                          Comment


                          • Re: New Muslim support thread

                            Originally posted by Abdell View Post
                            Also not calling Canada racist or anything, but strange how Ireland has this agreement that basically makes it incredibly easy to migrate to Canada..

                            Get the temporary visa, and apply for residency in Canada.

                            Some of the visible minorities here have to dig up Gold just to get a temporary visa..
                            I will have to leave home, this much is for sure. I just have to decide where to go lol and how

                            Comment


                            • Re: New Muslim support thread

                              Originally posted by SaraVR View Post
                              I will have to leave home, this much is for sure. I just have to decide where to go lol and how
                              If you're interested in moving to Canada, let the me know in this thread and contact the mods. I can help you out but its best if communication is done through mods.
                              Stop being apologetic to Kuffars!

                              If I don't engage with you or reply to any of your question, it's likely because I find you racist and a total waste of time.

                              Comment


                              • Re: New Muslim support thread

                                [MENTION=139917]SaraVR[/MENTION] how are you holding up?

                                Reach out to the sisters on here if you need support or an ear to listen inshaAllah

                                :salams
                                Imagine sleeping without praying isha and then waking up in your grave- bilal Phillips

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X