X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Muslim support thread

Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post
    [MENTION=140612]Rifqah[/MENTION] Do you think it would be wrong to ask my mother to tell them I am in a night class while I am doing school work on my pc in my room? I mean, it's a class and the party is at night. I don't know if my mother would be okay with me putting that sign on my door.
    Hmm, it depends if it is not exactly the truth but close to it, then that might seem okay but if the intention is to deceive someone then I think that is probably unacceptable in Islam sis, and Allah knows best.

What if your mother simply says that you are busy or that you have gone to bed early or even that you wish not to be disturbed. Do you think she would feel uncomfortable saying any of those?

Maybe tell her that you want to be quiet in your room and leave it up to her what she says to the guests. Would that work?

If it were me sis, I would greet the main party guests and then politely make my excuses and go to my room after literally like a few minutes.
    Last edited by Rifqah; 18-04-17, 09:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rifqah View Post
      Hmm, it depends if it is not exactly the truth but close to it, then that might seem okay but if the intention is to deceive someone then I think that is probably unacceptable in Islam sis, and Allah knows best.

What if your mother simply says that you are busy or that you have gone to bed early or even that you wish not to be disturbed. Do you think she would feel uncomfortable saying any of those?

Maybe tell her that you want to be quiet in your room and leave it up to her what she says to the guests. Would that work?

If it were me sis, I would greet the main party guests and then politely make my excuses and go to my room after literally like a few minutes.
      Oh, I thought double entendres were okay if you really need to use them.

I think it's from lunch til very late at night. She will probably tell them that I don't want to see them and I don't want to hurt their feelings.

I can't be in public.
      Last edited by .khayriyyah.; 18-04-17, 09:30 PM.
      "Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pains of this world tire you do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of duaa. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it."
      - Ibn al Qayyim (rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post
        Oh, I thought double entendres were okay if you really need to use them.

I think it's from lunch til very late at night. She will probably tell them that I don't want to see them and I don't want to hurt their feelings.

I can't be in public.
        Is it okay to allow her to say that? Maybe they will give you the space you need Inshallah.

But you will need to go to the bathroom, it's a long time to be in your room.

Comment

Is it okay to allow her to say that? Maybe they will give you the space you need Inshallah.

But you will need to go to the bathroom, it's a long time to be in your room.
          I think so https://islamqa.info/en/45865

I think they will think badly of me and attribute what I am doing to Islam. Some family members already do that.

Hmm, idk. I don't have proper dress so I just don't go outside. There are going to be many people in the house so I can't avoid anyone.
          "Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pains of this world tire you do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of duaa. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it."
          - Ibn al Qayyim (rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
            As well as Ayatul Kursi....
            Has sister been reciting surah ikhlaas, falaq and naas, blowing into cupped hands, then wiping hands over the body, thrice?

Also going to sleep on right side and being in state of wudhu.

This has been very helpful for me, alhamdulillah. I had issues with disturbing dreams and also sleep paralysis quite often prior to doing this routinely.

Aisha (RA) also narrated that whenever Allah’s Apostle (S.A.W.S.) went to bed every night, he used to cup his hands together and blow over it after reciting Surah Al-Ikhlas, Surah Al-Falaq and Surah An-Nas, and then rub his hands over whatever parts of his body he was able to rub, starting with his head, face, and front of his body. He used to do that three times. [Narrated by Saheeh Al-Bukhari: Book of the Virtues of the Qur’aan, 5017]

For sure, Shaytaan plays with our minds during sleep, especially when we try to leave behind things that are harmful for us, with the intention of making us go back to whatever that harmful thing was for us, be it a major change as in sister's case or a smaller one.

Whenever we see these type of dreams, immediately upon waking, we should turn towards the left shoulder, recite "au'oothu Billahi Minash shaytaanir rajeem and "dry-spit" thrice...(There isn't a nicer way to say this in English that I'm aware of... Essentially, blowing with the faintest droplets of saliva) thrice.

Sister should notice that make a difference, InshaaAllah
            When we let these kinds of dreams bother us, Shaytaan (his underlings) continue to trouble us with them. If we recognise it is from him and a cheap and desperate attempt to disturb us/get us to return to what we have left behind, InshaaAllah, these kind of dreams will not bother us so much, and should become rare occurrences, if at all.
            (Also, the negative feelings from sister's family may be contributing to the nature of sister's dreams...)

(Wallahu A'lam)

---------------

If sister feels up to some light reading...

Just the first parts, esp what is in red (not very long):

http://www.authentictauheed.com/2015...cance.html?m=1
            As well as reading Ayatul Kursi and doing this above...I just wanted to bump this as I haven't had a single bad night since. In case there is anyone else who is having problematic nights.

Alhamdulillah

Comment

(Alhamdulillah. That's good to know. :jkk: for sharing. )
              LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
              -------------------------------
              "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
              NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

:start:
                :salams

I'm absolutely certain of what I need to do now. Since leaving my job because it involved music and the kind if art that was impermissible, I have been exploring so many options while struggling in a temporary job which is really not appropriate either.

I keep smiling, I can't keep the smile from my face!

Inshallah.

I don't really know how I know, but I just know. The idea came into my mind, I prayed to Allah (swt) to guide me and I have been spending a lot of time meditating.

I'll make some poll threads to explore any glitches inshallah.

Alhamdulillah.

Comment

:start:

I'm absolutely certain of what I need to do now. Since leaving my job because it involved music and the kind if art that was impermissible, I have been exploring so many options while struggling in a temporary job which is really not appropriate either.

I keep smiling, I can't keep the smile from my face!

Inshallah.

I don't really know how I know, but I just know. The idea came into my mind, I prayed to Allah (swt) to guide me and I have been spending a lot of time meditating.

I'll make some poll threads to explore any glitches inshallah.

Alhamdulillah.
                  As-Salāmu ‘alaykum, dear Sister.

Thank you for your kind words. Tried to send message, but can't. Happy to see that all is well with you.

May Allāh (Subḥānahu ūta'āla) bless you, and keep you save. And very best regards.

Grandad

PS: Keep smiling ;)
                  'Sometimes, silence is the best answer for a fool.' (Alī ibn Abī Tālib‎)

Comment

Originally posted by Grandad View Post
                    As-Salāmu ‘alaykum, dear Sister.

Thank you for your kind words. Tried to send message, but can't. Happy to see that all is well with you.

May Allāh (Subḥānahu ūta'āla) bless you, and keep you save. And very best regards.

Grandad

PS: Keep smiling ;)
                    :wswrwb:

Thanks Grandad, yes I disabled my messages and visitor things and left them open for sisters only as I felt it probably the best way to have my settings Islamically (for me).

You're welcome.

I wish the same for you too. Ameen
                    Last edited by Rifqah; 04-05-17, 01:30 PM.

Comment

:wswrwb:

Thanks Grandad, yes I disabled my messages and visitor things and left them open for sisters only as I felt it probably the best way to have my settings Islamically (for me).

You're welcome.

I wish the same for you too. Ameen
                      :up:

Comment

[MENTION=123043]Grandad[/MENTION] [MENTION=140612]Rifqah[/MENTION] [MENTION=139917]SaraVR[/MENTION] [MENTION=107240]brightesthour[/MENTION]

:salams just checking in is everything going well for you guys or is there any issues you need advice with

Worries me a bit when I see reverts not post much makes you wonder if they are ok
                        “Allah gave you a gift of 86,000 seconds today, have you used one to say ‘Alhamdulilah

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
                          [MENTION=123043]Grandad[/MENTION] [MENTION=140612]Rifqah[/MENTION] [MENTION=139917]SaraVR[/MENTION] [MENTION=107240]brightesthour[/MENTION]

:salams just checking in is everything going well for you guys or is there any issues you need advice with

Worries me a bit when I see reverts not post much makes you wonder if they are ok

Thank you for your concern, Eesa.

No problem, just very busy at work and with stuff at home.

Comment

Originally posted by Grandad View Post

Thank you for your concern, Eesa.

No problem, just very busy at work and with stuff at home.
                            wa alaikum salam rahmatulah wa barakatu, Alhamdulilah glad to hear you are well (albeit busy)
                            “Allah gave you a gift of 86,000 seconds today, have you used one to say ‘Alhamdulilah

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
                              [MENTION=140612]Rifqah[/MENTION]

Wa aleikum salam, yes fine thank you. Jazakallah khair for asking.
                              Last edited by Rifqah; 11-05-17, 11:22 AM.

Comment

Had a rough week. Went and saw dad in hospital and he's not looking too good (not life threatening but still) get back to mums sad and fed up with how much of a struggle this dunya is. I open the fridge to make a cup of tea and my brother had some beers in there. For a split second I was tempted (tbf it wasn't so much the alcohol more the fact I was thirsty and that particular brand of beer is pretty nice)

Alhamdulilah I rejected that thought but still it worried me. Thought I'd put those demons to rest, been a long time since I've been tempted like that

Anyway I log into uf and write a post giving advice but it was me who needed that advice maybe more than person

Feel better now but subhanAllah this life is a struggle at times

Comment

Working...
                                X