• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: New Muslim support thread

Originally posted by AmantuBillahi View Post
    :salams

:jkk:

I would like the definition of need/necessity according to the scholars which hold that position.

Or is it subjective to ones own opinion?

Where I live for example , you can get away with not having a car. You can work at a local store and have a taxi deliver your groceries.

Unfortunately it is highly improbable that anyone would marry someone without a car. Not saying that justifies the insurance but no one follows this position. No one is even promoting and calling the people away from driving in the west. I would expect the imams to be delivering lectures regarding this like they do 'riba'.

I am not saying what is halal or haram , but I assume some would say - the times we live in makes owning a car a necessity.

Every muslim I have ever met drives or are working their way to buy a car and I am sure no one will command their fathers or mothers to start taking trains instead of driving to the masjid, grocery store , malls , relatives , etc.
    The issue of need and necessity is taken too lightly. I have less problem with people saying they know it is haram but do it than those who try and justify it. That is the key for me.

i think today we need a car less than previous times

Also worth noting is that Islam is a religion of mercy. If things get hard, to use your example of going to the masjid we dont

What i notice today is that people get mortgages as they see renting as expensive or ''dead money'' and cars for ease. But what about the here after?

Comment

Originally posted by nonameakhi View Post
      The issue of need and necessity is taken too lightly. I have less problem with people saying they know it is haram but do it than those who try and justify it. That is the key for me.

i think today we need a car less than previous times

Also worth noting is that Islam is a religion of mercy. If things get hard, to use your example of going to the masjid we dont

What i notice today is that people get mortgages as they see renting as expensive or ''dead money'' and cars for ease. But what about the here after?
      What about like female exiting the house? Does it have to be a matter of absolute necessity?
      Just wondering because I didn't really know this to be honest, I thought as long as the job is halal or as long as you're visiting somewhere that's obviously halal, and are dressed in the correct way, then it's okay?
      And with Him are the keys of the Ghayb (all that is hidden), none knows them but He. And He knows whatever there is in the land and in the sea; not a leaf falls, but He knows it. There is not a grain in the darkness of the earth nor anything fresh or dry, but is written in a Clear Record”
      [al-An’aam 6:59]

Comment

Originally posted by Creamcake View Post
        What about like female exiting the house? Does it have to be a matter of absolute necessity?
        Just wondering because I didn't really know this to be honest, I thought as long as the job is halal or as long as you're visiting somewhere that's obviously halal, and are dressed in the correct way, then it's okay?
        This topic is slightly different and the rulings are not necessarily that different for men and women

What I mean is that haram things become ''halal'' in times of necessity. SO eating pork to save your life. Insurance or multi arty contracts are haram and specified as such

In general day to day life we have permissability to do things ie visit the sick, relatives, buying food and even for entertainment (within rules)

The only time it becomes an issue, as an example, is that we know we can go shopping for food etc but we are also warned about the markets yet people (men and women) go for window shopping etc or just walking around malls as an entertainment. For me that would be what the market hadiths say dont do

Comment

( Br [MENTION=127092]eesa the kiwi[/MENTION] , Alhamdulillah, happy to know that. likewise, dear brother, by His great Kindness... )
          LAA ILAAHA ILLALLAH
          -------------------------------
          "And if you would count the graces of God, never could you be able to count them. Truly, God is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful." (Qur'aan 16:18)
          NOTE: Please kindly do NOT rep my posts. (Jazaa'akumullah).

Comment

Originally posted by Fakhri View Post
            ( Br [MENTION=127092]eesa the kiwi[/MENTION] , Alhamdulillah, happy to know that. likewise, dear brother, by His great Kindness... )
            Alhamdulilah
            “Allah gave you a gift of 86,000 seconds today, have you used one to say ‘Alhamdulilah

Comment

:salams:

Mum basically had a bit of a go at me for being Muslim, I didn't sit with the family when they had their Easter dinner also my sister's getting married and I said I'd attend the ceremony but not the reception (alcohol, music, dancing, pretty girls it was a no brainer really ) and mum made a bit of a fuss about my beliefs . I asked my sister when she was planning to have it and she's like next year

Why make a fuss for something a year and a half away
              “Allah gave you a gift of 86,000 seconds today, have you used one to say ‘Alhamdulilah

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post
                :salams:

Mum basically had a bit of a go at me for being Muslim, I didn't sit with the family when they had their Easter dinner also my sister's getting married and I said I'd attend the ceremony but not the reception (alcohol, music, dancing, pretty girls it was a no brainer really ) and mum made a bit of a fuss about my beliefs . I asked my sister when she was planning to have it and she's like next year

Why make a fuss for something a year and a half away
                I'm so sorry br. kiwi.

Have you ever listened to br. Tahir Khalid's account of how he was guided to Islam and the reaction of his friends and family. It was very encouraging for me to listen to, especially this weekend.

I don't know if I have a link Inshallah, if I do, I'll come back and edit.

Br. [MENTION=763]AbuMubarak[/MENTION] might know of him so I'll tag him Inshallah just in case.
                Last edited by Rifqah; 17-04-17, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rifqah View Post
                  I'm so sorry br. kiwi.

Have you ever listened to br. Tahir Khalid's account of how he was guided to Islam and the reaction of his friends and family. It was very encouraging for me to listen to, especially this weekend.

Br. [MENTION=763]AbuMubarak[/MENTION] might know of him so I'll tag him Inshallah just in case.
                  That will be brilliant thank you

Comment

I'm so sorry br. kiwi.

Br. @AbuMubarak might know of him so I'll tag him Inshallah just in case.

No, i dont know him
                    .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                    نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                    دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

That's the man, thanks for finding that.

I don't know if that's his testimony or not. He looked a bit younger the recording I saw, probably an old one.

Comment

There a party at my house in a month and I am not going stay around. I am worried that people will want to say hi to me but I don't like to talk to them for many reasons and I don't want to open my door bc I don't want any men to pass by and see me and I am worried a man may try to come with someone and say hi. I feel bad for them to know I am around but I don't want to talk to them, I don't want to hurt their feelings. Can anyone think of any ways I can avoid them? If they know I am there they will want to see me.
                        "Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pains of this world tire you do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of duaa. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it."
                        - Ibn al Qayyim (rahimahullah)

Comment

Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post
                          There a party at my house in a month and I am not going stay around. I am worried that people will want to say hi to me but I don't like to talk to them for many reasons and I don't want to open my door bc I don't want any men to pass by and see me and I am worried a man may try to come with someone and say hi. I feel bad for them to know I am around but I don't want to talk to them, I don't want to hurt their feelings. Can anyone think of any ways I can avoid them? If they know I am there they will want to see me.
                          I have this issue too sis. There are friends (not mine) in our house and who sometimes stay over so, I have to take all of my indoor and outdoors wear to the shower room and back every time and even going for a bathroom break I have to wear outer clothing.

I'd either find a sister you can spend some time with or if it's in the evening then I'd lock my door and make full use of headphones so that it's hard to hear beyond them. If you want, you could maybe put a polite Do Not Disturb sign on your door.

May Allah (swt) ease your affairs sister and reward you for your steadfastness and diligence, ameen

Comment

I have this issue too sis. There are friends (not mine) in our house and who sometimes stay over so, I have to take all of my indoor and outdoors wear to the shower room and back every time and even going for a bathroom break I have to wear outer clothing.

I'd either find a sister you can spend some time with or if it's in the evening then I'd lock my door and make full use of headphones so that it's hard to hear beyond them. If you want, you could maybe put a polite Do Not Disturb sign on your door.

May Allah (swt) ease your affairs sister and reward you for your steadfastness and diligence, ameen
                            Ameen

:jkk:
                            "Had Allah lifted the veil for his slave and shown him how He handles his affairs for him, and how Allah is more keen for the benefit of the slave than his own self, his heart would have melted out of the love for Allah and would have been torn to pieces out of thankfulness to Allah. Therefore if the pains of this world tire you do not grieve. For it may be that Allah wishes to hear your voice by way of duaa. So pour out your desires in prostration and forget about it and know; that verily Allah does not forget it."

Comment

Nice thread Masha'Allah

I feel so happy when I see/hear of new reverts, its like new siblings added to the family :)

May Allah keep everyone steadfast in this beautiful religion.

Comment

[MENTION=140612]Rifqah[/MENTION] Do you think it would be wrong to ask my mother to tell them I am in a night class while I am doing school work on my pc in my room? I mean, it's a class and the party is at night. I don't know if my mother would be okay with me putting that sign on my door.

Comment

Working...
                                X