X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to convert to Islam but have few questions

hey there my friends,
    i am <snap> from India, i am 17 and i belong to
    Brahmin Caste. i started to learning abput Islam when i was 15 and i must admit that i hated islam when i was young (child) i used to think that
    Muslims are not good guys (fear?) and i also
    hated Muslims (unlike other muslims, mejority of Indian muslims dont pay much attention to cleaning n stuff) but after reaching age 15 i started to learn
    about Islam and i started to slowly follow Islam, my native religion is just Mass 33million+ gods and i hate Idol worshiping, (i don't know why but i just hate it.) and i also started to accept that there is only 1
    supreme god and we should only worship him directly (not by pics,idols etc etc.) i love history so i
    know most of Islamic History (ottoman and Mughal are my Fave Empires in the world history.) so i saw doc. of Islam on YT few days ago and after reserching Islam for 2.5 years now i am fully sure and accepted that there is not god but god/allah/el elaha(supreme god) and Prophet Mohammed is slave and messenger of Allah. i am ready to become
    muslim but i have some question. please answer :)

1) can a Indian who's from Brahmin caste convert to Islam ?

2) if yes, i don't want to change my current name to Arabic it is okay ?

3) i can not pray 5 times per day because i have very busy lifestyle, 2-3 times a day is okay ?

4) my parents are liberal hindus but sometime
    they force me to worship Idol, what should i do when they force me ? also, i am just 17 can i hide this fact that i am now muslim from my Parents and
    other family members ?

5) how born muslims view converts ?

6) i need to know how can i convert to Islam can u guys help me ? (i want to convert to sunni Islam)

7) it is true that Arabs are racist against Indians ?

sorry for too many questions, i hope you will
    answer my question.
    Peace :)

Re: I want to convert to Islam but have few questions

I am man of my words I decided that before sunrise I will take my decision, its 1 am in India and I only have 6 hours. please help me brothers and sisters.

Comment

also my city have less then 1% Muslins so you guys are my only source of Answer.

Comment

1, yes. Anyone regardless of their racial background can convert to Islam.
        2. Depends on the name you have. If your name is idolatrous you have to change it. For example if your name was Ganesh. If not you can keep your current name
        3. Five daily prayers are compulsory. Allah doesn't burden a soul with more than they can bear so know you can handle this
        4. Under no circumstances can you worship idols. You're just going to have to deal with any trouble they give you for refusing. May Allah help you
        6. All you have to do is believe in your heart and say with your tounge the following. Ash hadu anla illaha illalahu we ash hadu Anna muhamadan abduhu wa rasuluh. this means I need witness that there is no god but Allah and I bear witness that muhamed is his slave and messenger. You say this and you become our brother in Islam.. I advise you to say this without delay as no one knows when the angel of death will come.
        7. Maybe some but Islamic teachings are completely against such ignorance
        Hope this helps
        It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
        "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Comment

Originally posted by New 1 View Post
          hey there my friends,
          i am <snap> from India, i am 17 and i belong to
          Brahmin Caste. i started to learning abput Islam when i was 15 and i must admit that i hated islam when i was young (child) i used to think that
          Muslims are not good guys (fear?) and i also
          hated Muslims (unlike other muslims, mejority of Indian muslims dont pay much attention to cleaning n stuff) but after reaching age 15 i started to learn
          about Islam and i started to slowly follow Islam, my native religion is just Mass 33million+ gods and i hate Idol worshiping, (i don't know why but i just hate it.) and i also started to accept that there is only 1
          supreme god and we should only worship him directly (not by pics,idols etc etc.) i love history so i
          know most of Islamic History (ottoman and Mughal are my Fave Empires in the world history.) so i saw doc. of Islam on YT few days ago and after reserching Islam for 2.5 years now i am fully sure and accepted that there is not god but god/allah/el elaha(supreme god) and Prophet Mohammed is slave and messenger of Allah. i am ready to become
          muslim but i have some question. please answer :)

1) can a Indian who's from Brahmin caste convert to Islam ?

It is obligatory for every single human being to believe in Islam, Islam is for everyone, not just some specific race(s).

2) if yes, i don't want to change my current name to Arabic it is okay ?

You don't have to, but it's better to do so.
          However certain names, you must change.

3) i can not pray 5 times per day because i have very busy lifestyle, 2-3 times a day is okay ?

No, praying 5 times is obligatory no matter what. You have to adjust your lifestyle. It is very easy, trust me.

4) my parents are liberal hindus but sometime
          they force me to worship Idol, what should i do when they force me ? also, i am just 17 can i hide this fact that i am now muslim from my Parents and
          other family members ?

You should ask someone knowledgable about this one (a scholar).

5) how born muslims view converts ?

Very well.

6) i need to know how can i convert to Islam can u guys help me ? (i want to convert to sunni Islam)

You have to say the say the shahada. You can find out how to do so on Google, if you need help ask here.

I don't think so, but bad apples exist everywhere. However this question has no relevancy to Islam; the behavior of Arabs has nothing to do with Islam.

sorry for too many questions, i hope you will
          answer my question.
          Peace :)
          Not many at all, and please do convert to Islam. It'll the defining moment of your life.
          You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

I don't known why but I sounded like a punk, sorry guys and yes after reading your answers I am ready to accept Islam, and about praying 5 times a day I can manage it.

thank you for your support. Allahhu Akbar :)

Comment

actually my name is dev and in Sanskrit it means God nothing else, can I keep it ?

Comment

I don't known why but I sounded like a punk, sorry guys and yes after reading your answers I am ready to accept Islam, and about praying 5 times a day I can manage it.

thank you for your support. Allahhu Akbar :)
                Welcome to Islam congratulations
                May Allah bless you through it
                It may not be easy, you may not understand it, but you need to have the Imaan to trust Allah when life doesn't make sense.
                "Whoever intends eternal happiness, then let him hold tight to the threshold of servitude.” ibn Taymiyyah.

Comment

May Allah swt enlighten, strengthen and bless you for the effort you put in looking for the truth by using your heart and your inetellect and may he guide you towards his light, towards the best of knowledge and may he protect you from the evil in this world.
                  Im used to call myself a convert aswell and I want to tell you that when you have Allah swt in your heart, your life will change drasticlly and with each day, you will understand more and more how much and what Allah has blessed you with and how thankfull we should be.
                  When you strive towards fulfilling your obligations towards your rabb, you will see how your blessings will increase :)
                  Welcome to the truth my beloved brother :)

Just one more thing, the prayer is very very important my brother.. the prayer is your weapon, your armor against evil thoughts and deeds. When you dont pray, you make yourself vulnerable in many ways, so please try to learn and understand the prayer as fast as possible :)

Comment

I am not sure about this, but by nature I would say it is wrong to call anyone "God" besides God himself. You yourself said that you hate idolism and by calling anything or anyone besides God God, you make room for exactly that. Shirk is the worst of sins so I would definitly try to ask someone who has more knowledge on this since it is an important matter.

And Allah knows best.

Comment

I'm so excited for you! I'm glad you have run the extra mile and went on to study about Islam.

There is one pro about having hindu parents, it won't be too difficult eating with them as hindus are vegetarians(am I right?) so you wont be eating non halal meat(or meat at all).

Would you tell them you converted? How would they react? Why not have a little ambigous chat like asking them what would they do if you converted to another religion or what they think of Islam? You never know, they could convert to Islam too!

Comment

Bro!; welcome!

go to a mosque near you bro; just make sure it is not a shia mosque and it is a sunni mosque, and they'll teach you everything and make u say shahada

welcome to Islam. MaashALlah Allah chose you out of billions to save u! ;)

Comment

Allahu Akbar!
                          Welcome to Islam! I suppose you have said the 'shahadah'?
                          Bandon say dil naa lagao sirf Allah say lagao.

Comment

Originally posted by AbdullahiG View Post
                            Bro!; welcome!

go to a mosque near you bro; just make sure it is not a shia mosque and it is a sunni mosque, and they'll teach you everything and make u say shahada

welcome to Islam. MaashALlah Allah chose you out of billions to save u! ;)
                            https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oxymoron
                            Before you ask a question: https://islamqa.info/en

Comment

Just want to share a beautiful hadith of our prophet :saw: on this.

"All mankind is from Adam and Eve, an Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a white has no superiority over a black nor a black has any superiority over white except by piety and good action. Learn that every Muslim is a brother to every Muslim and that the Muslims constitute one brotherhood."

This hadith is part of the farewell sermon given by our beloved prophet :saw: on farewell hajj.
                              actually my name is dev and in Sanskrit it means God nothing else, can I keep it ?
                              No, you can't. You can change it to devdas, which in arabic is 'Abdullah' which is one of the most beloved name to Allah.
                              Winning an argument doesn't mean you're on truth, losing an argument doesn't mean you're on falsehood.

Comment

Working...
                              X