X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fatimamuslimah View Post
    Re: Struggling to wear hijab/beard?

Assalamu Alaikum!
    I know this thread is kinda old, but I would like some advice. My family is made up of extreme hindus, but they do not know that I reverted to Islam. I want to wear hijab, but I am afraid my family might reject me or fight with me. I was thinking about wearing hijab when my family wasn't around, but I am afraid they might catch me wearing it. Thanks for reading this post.
    Wa'alaikum salam

-If you still need help with this try contacting "Muslim Womens Network Helpline" or one of the other groups listed here insha'Allah http://www.mwnhelpline.co.uk/issuesdetail.php?id=49
    www.puremuslimmatch.com

*The Free Marriage Agency for practising Muslims*

Comment

I can't wear Hijab in my home town (I don't want anyone in my town of 500 to know) and my mom is absolutely against it (to the point she mocks it to my face, which is really hurtful considering how much of a modest Christian she is), and yet I'm shopping for Niqab and Jilbab... May Allah (SWT) grant me the means to leave this place and practice my faith freely, Ameen. (Plus it's shocking how much $$$ Islamic clothing is especially for us sisters!)

Comment

May Allah (swt) make it easy for you. My family are Muslim but my mum opposed me covering my head more than anyone else I know and caused all sorts of problems when I started. It's a test I guess- we're told in the Quran it's not enough to say "I believe" and then not expect to be tested. The first couple of years were really hard having to deal with that and then a few years later I was so apprehensive about starting to wear jilbab cos her reaction was still very vivid in my mind but a couple of people I was close to encouraged me and that helped spur me on and go for it, but this time when it came to jilbab, she was annoyed but her reaction was a lot less intense and easier to manage. At the time I made my own jilbabs which worked out a lot cheaper, though I know that's not feasible for everyone. That was many years ago though and mum is over it now.

Originally posted by ELM View Post
        I can't wear Hijab in my home town (I don't want anyone in my town of 500 to know) and my mom is absolutely against it (to the point she mocks it to my face, which is really hurtful considering how much of a modest Christian she is), and yet I'm shopping for Niqab and Jilbab... May Allah (SWT) grant me the means to leave this place and practice my faith freely, Ameen. (Plus it's shocking how much $$$ Islamic clothing is especially for us sisters!)
        The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Working...
        X