X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fatimamuslimah View Post
    Re: Struggling to wear hijab/beard?

Assalamu Alaikum!
    I know this thread is kinda old, but I would like some advice. My family is made up of extreme hindus, but they do not know that I reverted to Islam. I want to wear hijab, but I am afraid my family might reject me or fight with me. I was thinking about wearing hijab when my family wasn't around, but I am afraid they might catch me wearing it. Thanks for reading this post.
    Wa'alaikum salam

-If you still need help with this try contacting "Muslim Womens Network Helpline" or one of the other groups listed here insha'Allah http://www.mwnhelpline.co.uk/issuesdetail.php?id=49
    www.puremuslimmatch.com

*The Free Marriage Agency for practising Muslims*

Comment

I can't wear Hijab in my home town (I don't want anyone in my town of 500 to know) and my mom is absolutely against it (to the point she mocks it to my face, which is really hurtful considering how much of a modest Christian she is), and yet I'm shopping for Niqab and Jilbab... May Allah (SWT) grant me the means to leave this place and practice my faith freely, Ameen. (Plus it's shocking how much $$$ Islamic clothing is especially for us sisters!)

Comment

May Allah (swt) make it easy for you. My family are Muslim but my mum opposed me covering my head more than anyone else I know and caused all sorts of problems when I started. It's a test I guess- we're told in the Quran it's not enough to say "I believe" and then not expect to be tested. The first couple of years were really hard having to deal with that and then a few years later I was so apprehensive about starting to wear jilbab cos her reaction was still very vivid in my mind but a couple of people I was close to encouraged me and that helped spur me on and go for it, but this time when it came to jilbab, she was annoyed but her reaction was a lot less intense and easier to manage. At the time I made my own jilbabs which worked out a lot cheaper, though I know that's not feasible for everyone. That was many years ago though and mum is over it now.

Originally posted by ELM View Post
        I can't wear Hijab in my home town (I don't want anyone in my town of 500 to know) and my mom is absolutely against it (to the point she mocks it to my face, which is really hurtful considering how much of a modest Christian she is), and yet I'm shopping for Niqab and Jilbab... May Allah (SWT) grant me the means to leave this place and practice my faith freely, Ameen. (Plus it's shocking how much $$$ Islamic clothing is especially for us sisters!)
        The Lyme Disease pandemic: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5u73ME4sVU

Comment

Very sorry to bring this thread back up from the dead but for the Sisters out there i was wondering about Hijab. I have only started to wear mine, to and from work (although not at work as even though there is no reason not to i have found it difficult to do my job in one and instead wear the company hat provided), when visiting friends and out and about although NOT when visiting family as they are still very unsure of the change, especially my dad but i'm sure he will come round one day.
          My issue is with pins. I have been researching different fabrics and styles to suit face shape and have bought many different types of fabrics and sizes (square and rectangle mostly) and am experimenting with different styles of wearing it, however i have had an issue with the pins coming loose or being lost and also that the pins leave holes or snag on my hijab fabrics! And they're not cheap either. I've tried the new magnetics and clip on pins, but none seem to stay as well as safety pins and real pins. Is there any way i can stop them from snagging? Or does anyone have a tried and tested method or a link to good non-snag pins?

Comment

Originally posted by Blud View Post
            Very sorry to bring this thread back up from the dead but for the Sisters out there i was wondering about Hijab. I have only started to wear mine, to and from work (although not at work as even though there is no reason not to i have found it difficult to do my job in one and instead wear the company hat provided), when visiting friends and out and about although NOT when visiting family as they are still very unsure of the change, especially my dad but i'm sure he will come round one day.
            My issue is with pins. I have been researching different fabrics and styles to suit face shape and have bought many different types of fabrics and sizes (square and rectangle mostly) and am experimenting with different styles of wearing it, however i have had an issue with the pins coming loose or being lost and also that the pins leave holes or snag on my hijab fabrics! And they're not cheap either. I've tried the new magnetics and clip on pins, but none seem to stay as well as safety pins and real pins. Is there any way i can stop them from snagging? Or does anyone have a tried and tested method or a link to good non-snag pins?
            I don't use pins.

I tuck one end of the scarf into the part wrapped around my face.

I don't wear hijabs made of 'slippery' or silky fabric so the hijab loosening is not a problem.

Comment

Re: Struggling to wear hijab/facial hair?

: salams

As a still generally new Muslim, I recounted the Shahada a half year prior, it was as of late I began developing my whiskers. The siblings that I concentrate on were exceptionally cautious about what they said in the event that I got some information about the whiskers issue. I feel it is on the grounds that they would not like to overpower me from the start, as I had such a great amount of as of now to consider, ie: supplication timings, learning the petition, and so on
              https://chinesedrama.org/
              As I have filled in the Deen (lifestyle) of Islam, I discovered that wearing facial hair is 'wajib,' or required, for men. This was confounding from the outset since I was told by certain individuals, it was sunnah, in which they implied suggested however not required. This appeared to be more conceivable from the start, as siblings who wear facial hair are the minority at the masjids I join in. Yet, after more and more examination, tuning in to addresses, and so on, I discovered that it is a commitment for me as a Muslim.
              https://korean-drama-list.com/
              It is difficult now and again. Since I have never had in excess of several days worth of stubble all over my entire life, my family is uncertain what to think about it. My better half, who is a Christian, is cautious about what she says about it. My young child, who has consistently said that he "shaved as well" after I used to shave, isn't sure what to think about his daddy's facial hair. Be that as it may, I know in my heart I should do this commitment, this isn't about me. It is a commitment I should attempt to satisfy Allah (SWT) and follow the case of the Prophet: saw.

Comment

Originally posted by Astraeus View Post
                Re: Struggling to wear hijab/beard?

:salams

As a still relatively new Muslim, I recited the Shahada six months ago, it was only recently I started growing my beard. The brothers that I study with were very careful about what they said if I asked about the beard issue. I feel it is because they didn't want to overwhelm me at first, as I had so much already to think about, ie: prayer timings, learning the prayer, etc...

As I have grown in the Deen (way of life) of Islam, I learned that wearing the beard is 'wajib,' or mandatory, for men. This was confusing at first because I was told by some people, it was sunnah, in which they meant recommended but not mandatory. This seemed more plausible at first, as brothers who wear a beard are the minority at the masjids I attend. But after more & more research, listening to lectures, etc., I learned that it is an obligation for me as a Muslim.

It isn't easy at times. Since I have never had more than a couple of days worth of stubble on my face my whole life, my family is unsure what to make of it. My wife, who is a Christian, is very careful about what she says about it. My young son, who has always said that he "shaved too" after I used to shave, isn't sure what to make of his daddy's beard. But I know in my heart I must do this obligation, this isn't about me. It is an obligation I must undertake to please Allah (SWT), and follow the example of the Prophet :saw: .
                alhamdulillah

There are more important things than growing a beard.
                ​​​​​You should study tawheed.

Last edited by almuwahhid23; 05-11-20, 01:48 AM.

Comment

I believe studying tawheed comes before anything.
                  I say this because majority of people nowdays claim to be muwahhid yet they commit shirk. How can your beard Save you on yawm al qiyama if you commit shirk?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X