X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fatimamuslimah View Post
    Assalamu Alaikum!
    I know this thread is kinda old, but I would like some advice. My family is made up of extreme hindus, but they do not know that I reverted to Islam. I want to wear hijab, but I am afraid my family might reject me or fight with me. I was thinking about wearing hijab when my family wasn't around, but I am afraid they might catch me wearing it. Thanks for reading this post.
    :wswrwb:
    It depends on ur situation tbh,, do you live in the east or west and how old are you?
    [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
    [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

Re: Struggling to wear hijab/beard?

I live in the US and I am still live with my parents.

Comment

Struggling to wear hijab/beard?

Originally posted by fatimamuslimah View Post
        I live in the US and I am still live with my parents.
        If you're able to live on your own and take care of yourself then I would have suggested you wear hijab and tell them you've converted but if your too young it could end up being awfully troublesome, depending on how your parents react

Sorry I cant offer you much advice but i'd advise to make a thread about it so others can give their input and take more notice of your question
        [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
        [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

Thank you for your help!

Comment

What is said about beard length? Is it permitted to trim your beard, or just let it grow it's natural length?

Comment

Originally posted by mrkmrtin View Post
              What is said about beard length? Is it permitted to trim your beard, or just let it grow it's natural length?
              your supposed to let it grow.

Comment

depends what madhab one follows really; in Hanafi madhab it should be one fist down from chin and the rest we can cut

in Shafi'ee madhab the beard must be 'an abundance'; this 'abundance' can be determined by culture, i.e what is an abundance according to that culture

Comment

Thank you. But excuse my ignorance, what is a madhab?

Comment

You can trim it if it exceeds a fist's length by grabbing it and cutting what's in excess.
                    You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Uh, yeah, I struggle to wear a beard; I can't grow one. What I can grow looks ridiculous. So I shave.

Facial hair doesn't have anything to do with my relationship with Allah. Period.

Comment

I know this thread is super old but I'm struggling with wearing hijab. i have started to change my wardrobe to be a lot more loose fitting and covering. I want to be more modest and be brought closer to Allah, but i worry what my mother and family will think as they are all catholic. My mother knows i converted, but she doesn't like it. I've told her before about wanting to wear hijab and we got into a fight about it. I live on my own so she can't restrict me from wearing it. i just don't want to cause a rift in my family because Allah calls us to respect our parents. My friends and husband respect my decision alhamdulillah so I'm lucky to have some support but I don't know what to do. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

I know this thread is a few months old, but I I struggle to wear the hijab too. I live on Long Island (in the state of New York) and I live in a women's shelter where there are many that aren't very open-minded towards Muslims. I still wear my normal Western clothes but now I realize that I am a doing a disservice to myself and to Allah for not wearing it. My housemates know I'm Muslim but my family doesn't know. My father is a Jehovah's Witness and the rest of my family is still Christian.

Comment

https://youtu.be/_e-dkggzWT8
                            Here is my story about how I started wearing hijab Insha 'Allah this helps a muslimah out there
                            Last edited by Powerful Muslimah; 25-12-16, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Re: Top 10 excuses by women who don’t wear the Hijab

I completely agree. I started wearing it before I actually became muslim because i knew i would have to wear it, but its a journey nevertheless going towards a better hijab.

Comment

Originally posted by ze leetle elper View Post
                                Hijab.

For the ladies who don't wear hijab YET -- do not lose hope and try not to keep putting it off until it's too late. Something I remember my mother saying to me as I grew up and began to realise that I had to make my own decisions in life was 'Tomorrow never comes.' <-- sounds like a line outta James Bond or something eh?

Anywho, my point is that, no matter how hard or how difficult it seems in your current situation; don't put it off for so long that you end up living life and never addressing the subject.

I remember when I was going through the same hijab/no hijab battle inside my head. After all, hey, I dressed modestly, loose clothes and all. Plus I would wear it when it was the right time, when I was so many years old, when I got married, when I went Hajj, when I left college -- so many excuses, but I didn't realise that they were exactly that: excuses. Easy excuses to pacify my soul.

When someone takes a small step towards Allah, He (swt) comes running towards you.

My friends will ask me questions; how will I answer them? My family will make comments -- some may be not be nice; how will I handle them? People will stare at me -- what will I say? I want to wear hijab for the right reason, I want to wear hijab when I feel mature enough, I want to understand hijab before I wear it.

You know what? Just wear it. Worry about all the menial stuff later. If someone asks you and you can't answer them -- tell them you will do some research and get back to them. If someone makes a horrible comment -- ignore it, after all everyone is responsible for their own souls; you cannot please everyone.

One thing you will notice, and prolly slap yourself upside the head about, is how BIG a thing it seemed when you didn't wear hijab, but HOW easy it seems now you wear it eh?!

Of course at first, people will be curious, people will look, you may still be the noisiest in your crowd, you may still not pray all your salah YET, you may still be a stroppy cow and go into fits at the slightest thing, and you may be worried about the impression its all giving to those watching.

At the end of the day... SO WHAT?! It really doesn't matter that much. YOU have taken that step towards Allah and HE will make it easier for you. YOU have submitted to His law and He will protect you within it. NO ONE changes overnight. That is just silly to even assume.

Change takes time. But for change to occur at all, that 1st step needs to be taken. Hey most countries are going through winter at the moment now? Take this opportune moment and wrap up that head Try it. Its like one those new Chinese places that have opened down the road. The food smells good but you're worried it may give you a stomach ache.

Take the risk. Order some Chinese. Who knows, you may actually savour the taste...

http://www.sunniforum.com/forum/show...?t=8895&page=2
                                wear the hijab,hijabi girls are more attractive than girls who like to show their hair,they have no shame,and keep your duties to Allah,don't lose hope,The place Allah promised you is better than not wearing hijab.

Comment

Working...
                                X