Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tomorrow

salaams everyone,

Can I ask you all for your duas tomorrow insha allah? My husband has been away and has now told all our friends about my reversion. i've had a number of phonecalls that have been a little reserved with people saying "we heard your news" and want you to know we are praying for you.

Tomorrow though, a dinner has been organised with some collegues from the Christian organisation we used to work for. This family were the first ones to find out about my reversion and this will be the first face to face meeting with past collegues or Christians who knew me before.

Please ask Allah to give me the strength to cope with any questions that will inevitably be asked and to give appropriate answers in a spirit of wisdom and gentleness and especially to have inner peace and patience. i know it's likely to be a very awkward and confronting time.. but insha allah please ask Allah to help me not make it worse by any thing I may say in my fear of what they may say, rather than what they do say.. if that makes sense :)

Jazak Allah khair .. and pray I won't be too nervous.. right now I am feeling extremely nervous and yet even today as I have prayed, I've felt an anticipation at this opportunity Allah is giving me to be very open about Tawheed and true Islam .. Insha Allah Allah helps me through it all.
    http://jameelah61.wordpress.com/

Re: tomorrow

insha allah it will go okay, just make dua :) mayb b4 u go jst take some time n sit n read some quran for a while 2 help u feel calm n carefree :inlove:
    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Originally posted by .: Anna :. View Post
      insha allah it will go okay, just make dua :) mayb b4 u go jst take some time n sit n read some quran for a while 2 help u feel calm n carefree :inlove:
      Jazak Allah khair Anna,

I will do that.. insha allah. I found some lovely hadiths and Ayats to think about and to show them. I decided if they bring up controversial issues, I'm going to take them back to Tawheed insha allah.

How can anyone resist the beautiful knowledge of Allah we find revealed in the ayats and the hadiths.
      http://jameelah61.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by carol_au View Post
        Jazak Allah khair Anna,

I will do that.. insha allah. I found some lovely hadiths and Ayats to think about and to show them. I decided if they bring up controversial issues, I'm going to take them back to Tawheed insha allah.

How can anyone resist the beautiful knowledge of Allah we find revealed in the ayats and the hadiths.
        wa alaikum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh ukhti, could be a tough one i have had similar things people saying to me ( as if i had been brainwashed by the moonies or something :p) that they pray i come back to their way audu billah dont worry ukhti insha Allah u will find all the right words coming out, pray all the time, and before u go to meet with them try to take just a few minutes, and say these surahs insha Allah. These are also good short surahs to try and learn first insha Allah, after surah al fatihah, as not only can u use them in your salat but they can be recited at anytime seeking the protection of Allah ta ala.

surah falaq:

Bismillah ar-Rahmaan ar-Raheem

Qul a'udhu bi rabbil Falaq

Min sharri maa khalaq

Wa min sharrin ghaasiqin itha waqab

wa min sharrin naf-faa-thaati fil 'uqad

wa min sharri haasidin itha hasad

In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

Say: I seek refuge with the Lord of the Dawn,

From the mischief of created things;

From the mischief of Darkness as it overspreads;

From the mischief of those who blow on knots;

And from the mischief of the envious one as he practises envy

surah nass:

Qul a'udhu bi-rabbin naas

Malikin naas

Illaahin naas

Min sharril was waasil khan-naas

Al ladhi you-was-wisu fee sudoorin naas

Minal jinn-nati wan-naas

The King (or Ruler) of Mankind,

The God (for judge) of Mankind,-

From the mischief of the Whisperer (of Evil), who withdraws (after his whisper),-

(The same) who whispers into the hearts of Mankind,-

Among Jinns and among men.

Surah ikhlass:

Qul hu Allahu Ahad

Allah hus Samad

Lam ya-lid

wa lam you-lad

wa lam ya kullahu kuf-uwan ahad

Say: He is God, the One and Only;

God, the Eternal, Absolute;

He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;

And there is none like unto Him.

hope it all goes well insha Allah and yes call them to tawheed first this is the way of the prophet SalAllahu alleyhi wa salam :up:
        "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

I am soooo sorry that I didn't see this earlier. Insha allah it all went well for our sister
          I took the road less traveled...where the heck am I? :scratch:

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X