Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need Allah

Assalamu Alaikum wa Rahmatullah! I am not sure if this post belongs here:

I am a 19 year old male living in the United States. When I was 16 I started looking into Islam, and I took shahada in February of 2020. At first I went at it hard, making my daily salah and attempting to follow Islam with my heart, but not long after my parents found out and made it incredibly hard. They were watching me every hour of every day.

I moved out this past year when I was 18 but never really started practicing again. I would days without Salah though I started going to the Masjid somewhat often. Unfortunately a couple days prior to Ramadan I decided I didn't want to be Muslim anymore.

I really regret my decision. I know that I need Allah. Admittedly I never was a good Muslim but that's what I want out of life. To be an obedient Muslim. Is there any way to make it up to Allah? I want to start praying again even if I will go to Jahannem because it is my purpose of life and my duty to Allah SWT. I know that Allah doesn't need me to pray to Him but I also know that I need to pray to Allah.

What do I do? Am I a munafiq? And in regards to the Masjid? I knew a few brothers there and I'm worried I won't be welcome back. I never said anything just dropped out of everything. I blocked the brothers on social media after they had bought me meals out of the kindness of their hearts. Am I welcome back? I am afraid the brothers won't want me in the Masjid. What should I do? One of the brothers I blocked is known throughout my region and he goes to every masjid at least a few times a year. How do I repent to Allah? Will He ever forgive me? What are some things I can do to assure I am on my deen this time?

All you need to do is just sincerely repent and start practicing again.

It's the first 10 days of Dhul Hijjah, and these are the best 10 days of the year. Fasting on the day of Arafah forgives the minors sins of the previous year and the next.

And no, they will not shoo you away from Masjid. That would actually be something reprehensible.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBlueEyedMuslim View Post

What are some things I can do to assure I am on my deen this time?
      alaykum salam wa rahmat allah

but not long after my parents found out and made it incredibly hard. They were watching me every hour of every day.
      despite them being mean to you you still need to be good to them and visit them sometimes and bring them gift this might be hard to you but do it to please allah

I really regret my decision. I know that I need Allah. Admittedly I never was a good Muslim but that's what I want out of life. To be an obedient Muslim. Is there any way to make it up to Allah
      allah subhanahu wa talaa dosent need your worship or benefit from it but you are the one who missed out on the benefits you get from worshiping allah in those days therefore oppressing yourself

if you want to make it up for yourself you can try doing voluntary worship like extra sunnah prayers or voluntary fasting each monday and thursday or 3 white days of each lunar month or the fasting of daoud

​​​​​​​
      I want to start praying again even if I will go to Jahannem
      once you make tawba and maintain the mandatory worship you dont go to hell

​​​​​​​
      What do I do? Am I a munafiq?
      try to maintain the mandatory worship and if you like try the voluntary worship i told you about

​​​​​​​
      And in regards to the Masjid? I knew a few brothers there and I'm worried I won't be welcome back
      no one have the right to stop you from going to the masjid to pray make sure to maintain all your dailly fard prayers there

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
      I am afraid the brothers won't want me in the Masjid
      this fear dosent make sense since a normal muslim wants hes brother to worship allah properly and maintain there mandatory prayer in the masjid

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
      How do I repent to Allah?Will He ever forgive me?
      say this dua
      https://sunnah.com/riyadussalihin:1875

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​
      What are some things I can do to assure I am on my deen this time?
      maintain mandatory worship and do any extra voluntary worship you can this with make your faith stronger
      knowledge can also boost your faith
      you can benefit from watching these channels
      https://www.youtube.com/c/DrEyadQunaibiGlobalChannel
      https://www.youtube.com/c/TheMuslimSkeptic

if you have any questions or misconceptions or just want to talk feel free to pm me i check this website if you want a more direct conversation i can give you my facebook

Comment

Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post
        All you need to do is just sincerely repent and start practicing again.

It's the first 10 days of Dhul Hijjah, and these are the best 10 days of the year. Fasting on the day of Arafah forgives the minors sins of the previous year and the next.

And no, they will not shoo you away from Masjid. That would actually be something reprehensible.
        Thanks akhi. Do you recommend any reading in addition to the Quran to start learning about the deen better?

Comment

Thanks akhi. Do you recommend any reading in addition to the Quran to start learning about the deen better?
          You can do this free course. It teaches you some of the basics that you should know:

https://online.alkauthar.org/courses...-every-muslim/

You can also read this small booklet of advice to people in your situation:

https://d1.islamhouse.com/data/en/ih...Repent_But.pdf

Then you can also read about the common sins that Muslims should stay away from:

https://files.zadapps.info/islamqa.i...ghtly%20En.pdf

Comment

You sound very nice! Most of people would behave arrogantly...

You just need to repent and get back to Allah. Masjid guys would be very happy to see you back. Don't worry about that.

Also, if you feel lazy to do anything, just say La hawle we la kuvvata ila billah where you confirm you can't do ANYTHING without His help

Comment

Originally posted by Anynimous Muslimah View Post
              You sound very nice! Most of people would behave arrogantly...

You just need to repent and get back to Allah. Masjid guys would be very happy to see you back. Don't worry about that.

Also, if you feel lazy to do anything, just say La hawle we la kuvvata ila billah where you confirm you can't do ANYTHING without His help
              JazakAllahu Khair ukhti, I appreciate your kindness 😊

Comment

I am a 19 year old male living in the United States. When I was 16 I started looking into Islam, and I took shahada in February of 2020. At first I went at it hard, making my daily salah and attempting to follow Islam with my heart, but not long after my parents found out and made it incredibly hard. They were watching me every hour of every day.

I moved out this past year when I was 18 but never really started practicing again. I would days without Salah though I started going to the Masjid somewhat often. Unfortunately a couple days prior to Ramadan I decided I didn't want to be Muslim anymore.

I really regret my decision. I know that I need Allah. Admittedly I never was a good Muslim but that's what I want out of life. To be an obedient Muslim. Is there any way to make it up to Allah? I want to start praying again even if I will go to Jahannem because it is my purpose of life and my duty to Allah SWT. I know that Allah doesn't need me to pray to Him but I also know that I need to pray to Allah.

What do I do? Am I a munafiq? And in regards to the Masjid? I knew a few brothers there and I'm worried I won't be welcome back. I never said anything just dropped out of everything. I blocked the brothers on social media after they had bought me meals out of the kindness of their hearts. Am I welcome back? I am afraid the brothers won't want me in the Masjid. What should I do? One of the brothers I blocked is known throughout my region and he goes to every masjid at least a few times a year. How do I repent to Allah? Will He ever forgive me? What are some things I can do to assure I am on my deen this time?
                Asalaamu Alaikum,

My beloved brother do not worry about whatever has happened and already passed. We have all fallen hard at some stage in our lives and being a new Muslim is not the easiest especially when you have family who are adverse to Islam. My brother you are very lucky that Allah is wanting you to come back towards him because unfortunately many reverts do end up giving up on Islam for various reasons and I hope all of them return back inshaAllah, however many of them don't. However Allah is wanting to guide you back towards him hence why you feel this strong inclination to return back to Allah.

Know that shaythan is our sworn enemy and he will do his best to make sure you do not return back to Islam, hence why he is trying to make you feel awkward about going back to the Masjid. My brother ignore and reject such irrational thoughts. The brothers will be more than happy to see you back and they will not judge you at all. They know how difficult it can be as a new Muslim. They will take you back with open arms anytime. So go back to the Masjid and get back in touch with the brothers. It is most important that you connect back to the Masjid and to the brothers as they are your support network. As long as you are connected to the Masjid and with the brothers then you are safer from the wolf (shaythan) as he prefers to attack the lone and vulnerable sheep. So do not feel awkward at all as there is absolutely no need. The brothers are just concerned for you and they will be so happy to see you back and for you to get back in touch with them again.

Once you are connected back to the Masjid and with the brothers then they will help you to get onto a relevant courses and also help you to learn more about Islam and recommend the right and relevant books and resources inshaAllah. In the meantime then purify yourself in terms of having bath and then pray 2 Raka'a Salaatul Tawbah (prayer of repentance) and then beg of Allah and ask of him to forgive you and know that Allah loves to forgive as long as we are sincere. After that ensure that connect back to the Masjid and the brothers and ensure that you fulfil your main and biggest daily obligation which is to pray the Salah.

During these blessed days and nights then ask of Allah for guidance and for him to keep you firm on the Deen. As long as you connect to the Masjid and to the Qur'an as well as continue to learn knowledge and keep the right company then you will be safe inshaAllah.

May Allah keep us firm on our Deen and never allow our enemy shaythan to make us give up hope nor make us become disillusioned. Ameen
                10 steps to increase our imaan(faith)
                http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=192926
                Forty Good Deeds to do Everyday!
                http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthread.php?t=230798

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X