Isha - at night sun down 4 Rakaat

B....

Fajar - do 2 Rakaat then 2 more

Duhr - 4 Rakaat then 4 then 2 then 2

Asr - 4 Rakaat then 4

Maghrib - 3 Rakaat then 2 then 2

Isha - 4 - 4 - 2 - 2 -3 - 2

My questions 😎

1) In A... Is that the correct times (e.g before sunset) and amount of mandatory Rakaat ( or minimum amount) ?

2 ) I have seen B... in diagrams, is that the amount of optional Rakaat + the mandatory.. eg in fajar I must do 2 and can do another 2 if I choose, in Isha I must do 4 Rakaat but if I choose I can do a extra 4 - 2 - 2 - 3 - 2?

I'm not sure if it matters but I'm following the way of sunni Muslims.

And if you can see the Dua in the pic can anyone name it thanks
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.

Originally posted by BEN View Post
    A....

Fajar - before sunrise 12am-5am 2 Rakaat

Duhr - between sunrise - 12pm. 4 Rakaat

Asr. - 1-30pm - 6pm,ish 4 Rakaat

Maghrib - before sunset. 3 Rakaat

Fajr- AFTER true dawn and before sunrise [true dawn is typically 1.25 hours before sunrise; check local sunrise times] 2 Rak'atayn
    Dhuhr- after the sun passes the meridian [check local midday timings] 4 Ruku'
    Asr- begins when the shadow of an object becomes equal to its length subtracting any additional shadow that falls at noon time 4 Ruku'
    Maghrib- AFTER sunset [check local sunset timings] 3 Ruku'
    Isha- after the red/orange color of sunset disappears from the sky [approximately 1.25 hours after sunset] 4 Ruku'

Comment

Originally posted by AbuNajm View Post

Fajr- AFTER true dawn and before sunrise [true dawn is typically 1.25 hours before sunrise; check local sunrise times] 2 Rak'atayn
      Dhuhr- after the sun passes the meridian [check local midday timings] 4 Ruku'
      Asr- begins when the shadow of an object becomes equal to its length subtracting any additional shadow that falls at noon time 4 Ruku'
      Maghrib- AFTER sunset [check local sunset timings] 3 Ruku'
      Isha- after the red/orange color of sunset disappears from the sky [approximately 1.25 hours after sunset] 4 Ruku'
      This is extremely helpful, thank you for takeing the time to help me much appreciated

Comment

And if you can see the Dua in the pic can anyone name it thanks [/QUOTE]
        salam alaykum wa rahmat allah

[QUOTE=BEN;n12817077]
        A....

Fajar - before sunrise 12am-5am 2 Rakaat

Duhr - between sunrise - 12pm. 4 Rakaat

Asr. - 1-30pm - 6pm,ish 4 Rakaat

Maghrib - before sunset. 3 Rakaat

Fajr is start of day when the line of the sunlight start to appear
        Duhr is miday
        Asr is the middle time between miday and sunset
        Maghrib is sunset
        Isha is night
        the time change slightly from winter to summer due to the lenght of day/night
        for example here is the prayer time from my country without the +1 hour from daylight saving
        fajr 3:10
        duhr 12:24
        asr 4:12
        maghrib 7:47
        isha 10:22
        i advice you to go to your local masjid and ask the imam for the prayer time paper
        you should also try to maintain those daily fard prayers in the masjid but if there is no masjid in your area then i advice you to gather money and go live in a islamic country because you will have a much easier time there not just because there is alot of masjids and you can hear the adhan but you will be more confortable there in general

Fajar - do 2 Rakaat then 2 more

Duhr - 4 Rakaat then 4 then 2 then 2

Asr - 4 Rakaat then 4

Maghrib - 3 Rakaat then 2 then 2

Isha - 4 - 4 - 2 - 2 -3 - 2
        those are voluntary prayers and not mandatory if you do them you get extra rewards if you dont then its okay
        here is the hadith about them

“The Messenger of Allah () said: ‘Whoever persists in performing twelve Rak’ah from the Sunnah, a house will be built for him in Paradise: four before the Zuhr, two Rak’ah after Zuhr, two Rak’ah after Maghrib, two Rak’ah after the ‘Isha’ and two Rak’ah before Fajr.’”
        حَدَّثَنَا أَبُو بَكْرِ بْنُ أَبِي شَيْبَةَ، حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ سُلَيْمَانَ الرَّازِيُّ، عَنْ مُغِيرَةَ بْنِ زِيَادٍ، عَنْ عَطَاءٍ، عَنْ عَائِشَةَ، قَالَتْ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ ‏ "‏ مَنْ ثَابَرَ عَلَى ثِنْتَىْ عَشْرَةَ رَكْعَةً مِنَ السُّنَّةِ، بُنِيَ لَهُ بَيْتٌ فِي الْجَنَّةِ. أَرْبَعٍ قَبْلَ الظُّهْرِ، وَرَكْعَتَيْنِ بَعْدَ الظُّهْرِ، وَرَكْعَتَيْنِ بَعْدَ الْمَغْرِبِ، وَرَكْعَتَيْنِ بَعْدَ الْعِشَاءِ، وَرَكْعَتَيْنِ قَبْلَ الْفَجْرِ ‏"‏
        https://sunnah.com/ibnmajah:1140

so 2 rakaa before fajr
        4 rakaa before duhr and 2 after it
        2 rakaa after maghrib
        ​​​​​​​2 rakaa after isha

since you asked about those voluntary prayers you might also be interested in voluntary fasting which is again like those voluntary prayers is optional if you do it you get extra reward if you dont then it okay the only mandatory fasting is ramadan

there is fasting monday and thursday
        It was narrated from Rabi’ah bin Ghaz that he asked ‘Aishah about the fasting of the Messenger of Allah (). She said:
        “He used to make sure he fasted on Mondays and Thursdays.”
        حَدَّثَنَا هِشَامُ بْنُ عَمَّارٍ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى بْنُ حَمْزَةَ، حَدَّثَنِي ثَوْرُ بْنُ يَزِيدَ، عَنْ خَالِدِ بْنِ مَعْدَانَ، عَنْ رَبِيعَةَ بْنِ الْغَازِ، أَنَّهُ سَأَلَ عَائِشَةَ عَنْ صِيَامِ، رَسُولِ اللَّهِ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ فَقَالَتْ كَانَ يَتَحَرَّى صِيَامَ الاِثْنَيْنِ وَالْخَمِيسِ ‏.‏
        https://sunnah.com/ibnmajah:1739

three white days of each lunar month

It was narrated that Musa bin Talhah said:
        "I heard Abu Dharr, at Ar-Rabadhah, saying: 'The Messenger of Allah said: if you want to fast at any time during the month then fast on the thirteenth, fourteenth and fifteenth."'
        أَخْبَرَنَا عَمْرُو بْنُ يَزِيدَ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا عَبْدُ الرَّحْمَنِ، قَالَ حَدَّثَنَا شُعْبَةُ، عَنِ الأَعْمَشِ، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ يَحْيَى بْنَ سَامٍ، عَنْ مُوسَى بْنِ طَلْحَةَ، قَالَ سَمِعْتُ أَبَا ذَرٍّ، بِالرَّبَذَةِ قَالَ قَالَ لِي رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ إِذَا صُمْتَ شَيْئًا مِنَ الشَّهْرِ فَصُمْ ثَلاَثَ عَشْرَةَ وَأَرْبَعَ عَشْرَةَ وَخَمْسَ عَشْرَةَ ‏"

fasting of daoud
        Narrated `Abdullah bin `Amr:

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said to me, "The most beloved fasting to Allah was the fasting of (the Prophet) David who used to fast on alternate days. And the most beloved prayer to Allah was the prayer of David who used to sleep for (the first) half of the night and pray for 1/3 of it and (again) sleep for a sixth of it."

حَدَّثَنَا قُتَيْبَةُ بْنُ سَعِيدٍ، حَدَّثَنَا سُفْيَانُ، عَنْ عَمْرِو بْنِ دِينَارٍ، عَنْ عَمْرِو بْنِ أَوْسٍ الثَّقَفِيِّ، سَمِعَ عَبْدَ اللَّهِ بْنَ عَمْرٍو، قَالَ قَالَ لِي رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ أَحَبُّ الصِّيَامِ إِلَى اللَّهِ صِيَامُ دَاوُدَ، كَانَ يَصُومُ يَوْمًا وَيُفْطِرُ يَوْمًا، وَأَحَبُّ الصَّلاَةِ إِلَى اللَّهِ صَلاَةُ دَاوُدَ، كَانَ يَنَامُ نِصْفَ اللَّيْلِ وَيَقُومُ ثُلُثَهُ وَيَنَامُ سُدُسَهُ ‏"‏‏.‏

all those type of voluntary fasting can be broken any time without expiation

as for the dua its this one
        https://sunnah.com/hisn:49

if you have any questions or misconceptions or just want to talk feel free to pm i check this website once per day if you want a more direct conversation i can give u my facebook

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​
        ​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​
        ​​​​​​​

Comment

Walaikum assalam Hamza1416 thanks you for all the effort and new information you have just helped me with. I'm very very grateful and appreciate the offer for future help.. I have my local mosque times , I got them of FB and will be going soon inshallah. My home situation is very complicated so I'm having to take a different route to most reverts.. for now and only for now this site is my only option to talk to real people and get help, so I greatly appreciate when someone is willing to go even further with help then what I was looking for. Again thank you very much

Comment

Walaikum assalam Hamza1416 thanks you for all the effort and new information you have just helped me with. I'm very very grateful and appreciate the offer for future help.. I have my local mosque times , I got them of FB and will be going soon inshallah. My home situation is very complicated so I'm having to take a different route to most reverts.. for now and only for now this site is my only option to talk to real people and get help, so I greatly appreciate when someone is willing to go even further with help then what I was looking for. Again thank you very much
            np my brother you can also try https://islamqa.info/en as it have proper students of knowledge and not laymen like me in this forum

Comment

Originally posted by Hamza1416 View Post

np my brother you can also try https://islamqa.info/en as it have proper students of knowledge and not laymen like me in this forum
              Thank you my brother that website has some very good information I'm learning loads from it . Much appreciated

Comment

Thank you my brother that website has some very good information I'm learning loads from it . Much appreciated
                here is some good youtube channels you can benefit from
                https://www.youtube.com/c/DrEyadQunaibiGlobalChannel
                https://www.youtube.com/c/TheMuslimSkeptic

Comment

Originally posted by Hamza1416 View Post
                  Sweet thanks alot will check them out 👍

Comment

Why not just use a prayer app?

Comment

Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post
                      Why not just use a prayer app?
                      Thanks for the tip. I do use a pray app but I wasn't sure about a few things and needed a little guidance, like when to do the sunnah/ mandatory prayer etc

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I do use a pray app but I wasn't sure about a few things and needed a little guidance, like when to do the sunnah/ mandatory prayer etc
                        What you mentioned in A are mandatory/bare minimum that you must pray. The timings are not correct though. They are not connected to any particular clock time.

You can refer to this for the times.

Note that all of the prayer times end with the start of the next prayer except for Fajr and Isha'. Fajr ends with Shurooq or Sunrise (you can find that time in your app) and Isha ends at midnight (the real midnight, i.e. the middle of the duration between Maghrib and Fajr, not 12AM). There's a difference of opinion in the latter, some say it lasts until Fajr. Also, some say, once the time for Asr begins, it should be prayed before the sun turns yellow, i.e. you can look at it directly without difficulty.

Make sure you pray the prayers AFTER it starts in your app though (and before it ends obviously). Don't round it off to the nearest hour or middle of an hour before the actual time.

Also, I would advise to wait 15-20 minutes after the Fajr starts in your app before you pray it. Their calculations are often inaccurate for Fajr.

Comment

Originally posted by notEVOLVED View Post

What you mentioned in A are mandatory/bare minimum that you must pray. The timings are not correct though. They are not connected to any particular clock time.

You can refer to this for the times.

Note that all of the prayer times end with the start of the next prayer except for Fajr and Isha'. Fajr ends with Shurooq or Sunrise (you can find that time in your app) and Isha ends at midnight (the real midnight, i.e. the middle of the duration between Maghrib and Fajr, not 12AM). There's a difference of opinion in the latter, some say it lasts until Fajr. Also, some say, once the time for Asr begins, it should be prayed before the sun turns yellow, i.e. you can look at it directly without difficulty.

Make sure you pray the prayers AFTER it starts in your app though (and before it ends obviously). Don't round it off to the nearest hour or middle of an hour before the actual time.

Also, I would advise to wait 15-20 minutes after the Fajr starts in your app before you pray it. Their calculations are often inaccurate for Fajr.
                          Thank you for the advice and the link much appreciated that website is brilliant IV gathered alot of information from ther and loads to learn, Words can not express how happy I am to have people redy to help and advice at the click of a button thank you all very much. When my home situation improves then insha'Allah Il visit my local Imam but for now the support from this site has been brilliant.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                          X