Experience with Muslims

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experience with Muslims

I am a convert to Islam and almost everytime I say Assalaamu Alaykum to a sister besides this one kind woman, they get mad at me, and they even try to avoid my checkstand so they don't have to see me. Should I stop saying salaam? Why don't they like me?

Originally posted by dwd02US View Post
    I am a convert to Islam and almost everytime I say Assalaamu Alaykum to a sister besides this one kind woman, they get mad at me, and they even try to avoid my checkstand so they don't have to see me. Should I stop saying salaam? Why don't they like me?
    Are you male? If you don't look Muslim they might be not be comfortable responding to a strange man making salam.

edit: just to add on, I myself don't go out of my way to make salam to a sister. It's just weird. Stick to making salam to males.
    Last edited by Amuslim123; 26-04-21, 11:08 PM.

Comment

As-salamu alaykum (السلام عليكم) I agree with Amuslim123 to a point, I make salams to all people I just do not make EYE contact with a woman or shake hands (yea like we can do that in the era of Covid anyways). It is our duty as Muslims to make salams to all our brothers and sisters, out of respect. Just my 2cents.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X