Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urdu

Salaams brothers and sisters :)

Thank you to everyone who has helped me with my questions so far :) May Allah give you lots of rewards :)

A few of the sisters I know are Pakistani. And I have a friend from Palestine too :up: anyway one of the Pakistani sisters said that I should learn Urdu to learn about Islam better :confused: but my Palestinian friend said that thats wrong, I only need to learn Arabic (and she's teaching me masha Allah :up: ) - she said that the Pakistani sister who told me to learn Arabic is quite old masha Allah and maybe thinks some Pakistani culture things are part of Islam. (she is a very kind and lovely sister :love: so please don't think I'm saying anything bad about her, she has been very kind to me)
    It makes sense to learn Arabic insha Allah so I can understand the Qur'an one day insha Allah. Is there any need to learn Urdu?

Re: Urdu

No, there is no need to learn Urdu to learn Islam. Of course there are probably a huge number of very good books on Islam in Urdu (maybe thats what the sister was thinking?), but inshaAllah there should be translations available, or very similar books in the English language inshaAllah.

As you say, there is a huge benefit in learning Arabic inshaAllah. The Qur'an is in Arabic and we should all make the effort to learn Arabic to the best of our ability (although for a new Muslim who is struggling to cope with the demands of Islam, other things, like learning to do Salat for example, take priority) So if you are already learning Arabic mashaAllah that's great :up: May Allah give you success in learning Arabic :love:
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]
    [CENTER]
    [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

sis preserve ur effort for the arabic, it is definately more important...
      urdu is good and tru u can access some books and talks in urdu language but nowadays majority is available also in english, and not to mention in arabic will find all that anyway as of course the classical texts mostly in arabic.
      but really u jst need arabic for quran, and insha allah if u want to push it more and become more fluent in arabic u cn read classical texts if u want to but concentrate on arabic, urdu if u pick it up from people u know then masha allah.. but its not essential
      <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

im going to learn Urdu over the summer, but i can read read arabic not good but at a good standard, its just because the envoirnment that im in it is useful to know if you understqanmd what im saying. there isnt many revert sister around my area mainly pakistani, and i already know a bit of bengali so minor. its just to communicate espically when i go to material shops and the eleders there dont speak english. inshallah

its just to communicate with other muslims which of course are asian :D
        And He found you lost and guided you,
        ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
        " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
        ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

well urdu n arabic in the same alphabet so insha allah learning both will help wit ur reading in the other :)
          <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Don't learn tajweed (correct way to read/recite the Qur'an) from anyone who says "well I know the urdu alphabet n its the same as Arabic" because a few of the letters are pronounced differently, some very differently. If you learn tajweed, it must be from someone who has learned tajweed themselves with the correct classical Arabic pronunciations.
            [CENTER]
            [/CENTER]
            [CENTER]
            [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
            [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

ya that is true they will tell u to prn a tha like a sa, and a dha like a za and all sorts.. but still for reading, one can help another
              u should learn tajweed only from ppl who are good in it not from any old random person as they give u mistakes. this is why i always try 2 say no wen ppl come and ask me 2 teach tajweed for their kids and stuff, i think ppl should teach who have an ijaza insha allah or who are hafidh ul quran or something like that

Comment

its best to look around and that for a arabic teacher, mashallah im so lucky im with a group run by a Aamilah, but learning the urdu then the tajweed way is hard, i got mixed up but now mashallah im going on the right way
                And He found you lost and guided you,
                ~ Qur'an (Ad Duhaa) 93:7 ~

Salaah Reminders

Guide us to the straight pain.
                " Ihdina-s-sirata-l-mustaqim "
                ~ Quran 1:6 ~

الله أعلم

Comment

sorry for being slightly off topic, but I want to learn Arabic to be able to read the Qu'ran insha'Allah, what's the best way for me to go about it? I thought about getting an audio CD, but won't that just teach me holiday phrases? Is it a different type of Arabic I need to learn? I have no idea, so any help would be appreciated.

Jazak'Allah, Firdes
                  ..i have nothing else to say (for now) :D

Comment

There's a series called gateway to Arabic (miftah al 3arabi in Arabic) which teaches classical Arabic and is aimed at Muslims (so has appropriate vocab etc) - its somewhat aimed at children but really thats not a problem (just some of the exercises are a bit child orientated lol)
                    [CENTER]
                    [/CENTER]
                    [CENTER]
                    [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
                    [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

gateway 2 arabic is very good masha allah i also agree..
                      any course like mastering arabic, teach ur self arabic etc can b useful aslong as u persist in it.
                      if u want ne help in arabic just ask me insha allah, i enjoy helping ppl with it :D and sis how are u doing? i was jst thinking about u earlier that u didnt come online for a while!

Comment

Jazak'Allah sisters for your suggestions, if I have any questions, of course this will be the first place I come to ask insha'Allah :up:
                        I'll try and find this online, I'm sure Amazon will have it, but I really don't know when I'll get around to starting, could be one of those 'long term projects'
                        Things are a bit hectic at the moment as some of you know, I work full time, go to college part time, decorating and will move house in the next couple of months insha'Allah, plus I'm pregnant alhamdullilah! So lots going on, jazakAllah for asking.

Comment

oh if u wanted the gateway ones, they do the whole set of them together in a pack from simplyislam.com i saw before, they prob do it cheaper than amazon just for ur info, bt u cn check both jst incase
                          oh wow that sounds stressful sis all that stuff on at once, working, decorating, moving etc!! aww.. make sure u get some time for ur self 2 relax insha allah too :love:

Comment

Jazak'Allah for the suggestion. I had looked on Amazon, but they only had the 2nd CD, so I will look at simply Islam insha'Allah. :up:

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                            X