Please help.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help.

Salaam everybody. In my mind I have accepted Islam and now intend to learn everything. I admit I am slightly nervous. Can anybody please teach me what prayers I offer on -

1. the grave of deceased relative?
    2. on visiting a Muslim friend's family who have lost a parent?
    3. link to prayers offered on jumma.

Many thanks. Apologies in advance for any mistakes.

Welcome to Islam . May Allah make your journey easy.

1. Could you clarify whether the deceased relative is a Muslim or not ?

2. You can say "Inna lillahi wa inna lillahi rajiyoon" which means "To Allah we belong and to Him we shall return". May Allah Almighty grant your parent Jannatul-Firdaus and forgive all his/her sins. May He expand his/her grave, make it a place of comfort and fill it with light . May He give you the patience and fortitude to bear this great loss. I'm with you in sharing your irrepairable loss, which no words can fill in. I pray to Allah to give you the strength and courage to move on.

3. Do you mean the method of performing Jumuah prayer ?

​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by ~TwinklingStar~ View Post

Welcome to Islam . May Allah make your journey easy.

1. Could you clarify whether the deceased relative is a Muslim or not ?

2. You can say "Inna lillahi wa inna lillahi rajiyoon" which means "To Allah we belong and to Him we shall return". May Allah Almighty grant your parent Jannatul-Firdaus and forgive all his/her sins. May He expand his/her grave, make it a place of comfort and fill it with light . May He give you the patience and fortitude to bear this great loss. I'm with you in sharing your irrepairable loss, which no words can fill in. I pray to Allah to give you the strength and courage to move on.

3. Do you mean the method of performing Jumuah prayer ?

​​​​​​
      Thank you for taking time to reply.

1. The deceased is a relative of a Muslim friend. I am worried I might make some mistake that might offend. Please describe exactly how i should as a Muslim pay my respects at the grave? If there is any Youtube links please do link them.

2. Thank you.

3. Yes I do indeed.

Comment

Hello akhi. Welcome to Islam! It is such a joy to hear that you have accepted Islam. You are my brother from now on so I will try to help you the best I can. Sorry that this reply is late :(

I will answer the friday prayer question. (because it is the easiest for me)
        You offer the friday prayer at friday at around noon. But before you do there will be a sermon, which would be about 15 to 20 minutes more or less. Like wise you would have to be a bit early. You can tell when to come to prayer by the sounds of the first azan. At the second azan the sermon would already have had started. The time between the two azans is around 20 minutes. I don't blame you if you are already lost lol.

Now after the sermon there will be a congregation prayer. The Imam will give qamat which is a smaller azan to signify the moment of salah has arrived. Then everyone would arrange themselves in rows to offer the prayer in union behind an Imam.

The friday prayer is just two rakats. All the time you would be following the imam.
        Follow these steps and movements https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kuk6HgOH9yQ&t=84s
        This is fajr salah which is also two rakats. But don't think you would have to say anything out loud lol. Not at all. You won't hear a thing but the Imams voice infact.
        When the Imam gives the command words Allahu akbar you have to move on from one action to the next just after him. Allah akbar for every action except for when you get up after ruku (bowing)

How to not look out of the ordinary? Nothing specific just come into the mosque sit any where on the floor and listen to the khutbah (sermon) But remember during the act of prayer you must look only at the point of the ground your head would be during sajdah. If you look everywhere and move your eyes around you would definitely look weird lol.

I know this will all be very tough for you so I do dua that your troubles and hardships be made easier. And hope to see a reply because I do want to know how you have been. I know my reply was really late lol.

(about all the arabic things that you have to byheart, super important advice, take it slowly. Just go ahead to the mosque even if you do not know anything. Just have a good intention and the intention to pray. You can learn things gradually. Don't worry nobody is going to question you on those stuff in the mosque haha. )

Comment

Working...
        X