Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to do dawah?

Assalaamu alaikum,

I keep having these dreams about preaching/doing dawah (well 3 dreams lol) and I don't do it much in real life. I don't know where to begin.

I feel like I would be knocked down for not knowing enough to be able to preach confidently.

The last dream I had was about being in a Christian cemetery and I somehow thought it was about giving dawah, then this guy who interprets dreams said it was about giving dawah.

However, the way I speak in real life isn't good, I don't have strong confidence in that and so want to know what I can do to improve to call people to Islam?
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Asalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatu

First step would be to become a student of knowledge sister. You cant give dawah without knowledge

May Allah bless your efforts
    The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.
    ~ Imam Malik (may Allah have mercy on him)

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post

First step would be to become a student of knowledge sister. You cant give dawah without knowledge

May Allah bless your efforts
      That is true, but we all know the basics right? Tawhid is a simple concept that's easy to explain, so we shouldn't make it sound like you need special qualifications to give dawah. Something as simple as explaining the ayah "Qul huwa Allahu Ahad" is dawah.

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post

That is true, but we all know the basics right? Tawhid is a simple concept that's easy to explain, so we shouldn't make it sound like you need special qualifications to give dawah. Something as simple as explaining the ayah "Qul huwa Allahu Ahad" is dawah.

I wasn't intending to imply you need special qualifications so please excuse me if I came across that way. That being said when you look at some of the duat who speak without knowledge it really shows its importance as you can wind up being a source of misguidance if you dont have ilm

Ilm and dawah go hand in hand. Yes you can give dawah with the basics but that doesn't mean we should be content at remaining at that level of knowledge either
        The sunnah is like the ark of Noah, whoever embarks upon it reaches salvation and whoever refuses is drowned.

Comment

I wasn't intending to imply you need special qualifications so please excuse me if I came across that way. That being said when you look at some of the duat who speak without knowledge it really shows its importance as you can wind up being a source of misguidance if you dont have ilm
          That is how I understood your post because you said
          First step would be to become a student of knowledge sister.
          We both agree on the fact that you cannot give dawah if you don't have ilm. I'm saying that we all know something about the religion. You made it sound like a person needs to become a student of knowledge in order to give dawah, and I don't agree with that. You don't need to be a student of knowledge to know tawhid and the pillars of Islam and iman. A muslim can give dawah with that basic knowledge.

Ilm and dawah go hand in hand. Yes you can give dawah with the basics but that doesn't mean we should be content at remaining at that level of knowledge either
          True.

Edit: My point is, I don't want anyone to feel discouraged or to feel like they can't give dawah because of xyz. We are all capable of giving dawah in sha Allah!
          Last edited by Umm Uthmaan; 10-11-19, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Umm Uthmaan View Post

That is how I understood your post because you said

We both agree on the fact that you cannot give dawah if you don't have ilm. I'm saying that we all know something about the religion. You made it sound like a person needs to become a student of knowledge in order to give dawah, and I don't agree with that. You don't need to be a student of knowledge to know tawhid and the pillars of Islam and iman. A muslim can give dawah with that basic knowledge.

True.
            Sorry I misrepresented what I wanted to say

Comment

What I was trying to get across is that if you are serious in your intention to give dawah seeking knowledge needs to be a priority. The more knowledgeable you are the more weapons in your intellectual armory

As for only students of knowledge can give dawah I wasnt trying to say this. My apologies for any confusion

Comment

Sorry I misrepresented what I wanted to say
                No need to apologise bro!

Comment

Yeah I was not really hoping to do dawah bigger than sharing articles, and the little knowledge I know. But I would like to write original content for dawah. I guess the both of your are right! U need to know something at least to be able to convey the message of Islam
                  وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Maybe some books/course series on YouTube on aqeedah. 
                    https://www.ummah.com/forum/forum/lo...-qur-an-courseI am just a simple nomad.

Ephemeral reader

Comment

Study Comparative religions and also study deen from Medinah university and Al Azhar graduates from their books.

There is also a missionary organisation called Tabligh jamaat who are into Da'wah do research into that.

Also do research into Islamic Missionaries who came in the past.
                      قُلْنَا يَا نَارُ كُونِي بَرْدًا وَسَلَامًا عَلَىٰ إِبْرَاهِيمَ - 21:69

Comment

Working...
                      X