X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kaycee View Post
    Hijab draws attention, what to do ?
    Assalamu Alaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh,

Do you know the power of Dua? Dua is a weapon of a believer!

Some easy Duas....

Before you leave home please kindly read this Dua (Supplication) - whoever reads the Dua for Leaving Home:

When you recite: In the name of Allah, I place my trust in Allah and there is no might nor power except with Allah.

The angel will say: You shall be defended, protected and guided

The meaning of this Dua is that you are asking Allah for His protection from the outer world as you have placed your trust in Him. And surely, Allah grants the one who asks for it.

Arabic to English: Bismillaahi, tawakkaltu aalal laahi, wa laa hawla wa laa quwwa ta illaaa billaah

Meaning: In the name of Allah, I place my trust in Allah and there is no might nor power except with Allah.

Virtue: Anas ibn Maalik (Radhi Allah Anh) reported: Prophet Muhammad (Sal Allahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) said, Whoever says upon leaving his house: (above dua) it will be said to this person: You are guided, defended and protected.’ The devil will go far away from him.

Abu Dawud report it with this addition: One devil will say to another: How can you deal with who has been guided, defended and protected?’

Learn More: https://www.duasrevival.com/basics/way-of-life/dua-for-leaving-home

Secondly - anytime if you feel in Danger - I'd like to kindly share this Dua when in Fear of People:

Arabic to English: Allaahummak-fineehim bi maa shi'ta

Meaning: O Allah, protect me from them as You wish.

Learn More: https://www.duasrevival.com/basics/way-of-life/dua-when-fear-people

Please remember us in your Duas.

Jazakallahu Khair,
    DR
    Do you know the power of Dua? Dua is the weapon of a believer! Website: https://www.duasrevival.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Kaycee View Post
      My question is, is it sufficient for me to tie my hair back into a bun, so that it's not loose, but not cover it? I've been doing that and it seems like men ignore me more than when I'm wearing a covering. I don't know which is better. I'm not trying to deny I'm a Muslima, I simply don't want the attention it seems to attract and men are more bold with their speech to me when I'm covered. I'm more anonymous when I blend in, but look plain.
      Asalaam aleykum,

No, the hair must be completely covered. Only the face and hands may show. It is impermissible to show even a single hair to non-mahrams. The primary purpose of hijab is to identify yourself as a Muslimah, but if it attracts attention then try to learn some strategies for deflecting that attention.

Allah is so Great and Merciful that although we continue to disobey Him, He still awaits for our repentance so that He may forgive us.

Comment

Working...
      X