Signs a Revert is on the Right Track

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Signs a Revert is on the Right Track

Ustadh Muhammad Tim Humble mentioned that there are generally four signs he sees in reverts that reassures him they'll be fine on their journey in Islam.

- The first is continuously seeking knowledge.

- The second is acting on the knowledge they obtained.

- The third is keeping up with all of the obligatory salawat (the five daily prayers).

- And the fourth having good company. Having religious companions is a must as your friends will influence you.

If a new Muslim does all these things, they'll generally be fine. All of these points are critical and can be compared to vital signs when it comes to Islam.
    قد كانت لكم أسوة حسنة في إبراهيم والذين معه إذ قالوا لقومهم إنا برآء منكم ومما تعبدون من دون الله كفرنا بكم وبدا بيننا وبينكم العداوة والبغضاء أبدا حتى تؤمنوا بالله وحده

i think this is critical for muslims in general
    not just reverts

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
      i think this is critical for muslims in general
      not just reverts
      Of course, but reverts are more likely to fall back into more serious things like kufr, so it's a lot more emphasized with us.

I heard a statistic where it was said that about half of the converts to Islam leave the religion within a year.
      Last edited by .khayriyyah.; 07-10-18, 06:49 PM.
      قد كانت لكم أسوة حسنة في إبراهيم والذين معه إذ قالوا لقومهم إنا برآء منكم ومما تعبدون من دون الله كفرنا بكم وبدا بيننا وبينكم العداوة والبغضاء أبدا حتى تؤمنوا بالله وحده

Comment

Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post

Of course, but reverts are more likely to fall back into more serious things like kufr, so it's a lot more emphasized with us.

I heard a statistic where it was said that about half of the converts to Islam leave the religion within a year.
        Allahu A3lam
        may Allah protect us all

Comment

It is a bad statistic, but I have hear much worse

Comment

The reason for reverting would be key to determine what emphasis you can put on stats like this. To me it suggests the reason(s) were frivolous in the first place.

Comment

Bump

Comment

I'm a non-Muslim. How do reverts deal with people saying no one was born muslim, islam is a new religion, the jews weren't muslim? I ask because I bet it feels hard.

Comment

Originally posted by ConstantineAS95 View Post
                  I'm a non-Muslim. How do reverts deal with people saying no one was born muslim, islam is a new religion, the jews weren't muslim? I ask because I bet it feels hard.
                  Its pretty simple really

You just go back into the meaning of the word Muslim

A Muslim literally means a person who submits to Allah. All children are born in a state of submission to Allah. Its external factors that change this as they grow up

If a person is going to reject this explanation that's not really your problem just deal with them kindly and gently.
                  Even in the belly of the whale there was hope.

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post

Its pretty simple really

You just go back into the meaning of the word Muslim

A Muslim literally means a person who submits to Allah. All children are born in a state of submission to Allah. Its external factors that change this as they grow up

If a person is going to reject this explanation that's not really your problem just deal with them kindly and gently.
                    Pamela Geller critizes the idea her people the jewish people were muslim in the past but corrupted the old testament and she says it is preserved the old testament. I know as a non-muslim it is corrupt and I felt this way even before I heard anything about islam without me ever reading the whole old testament and is still like that today. I felt this as a 8 year old kid about.

Comment

Pamela Geller critizes the idea her people the jewish people were muslim in the past but corrupted the old testament and she says it is preserved the old testament. I know as a non-muslim it is corrupt and I felt this way even before I heard anything about islam without me ever reading the whole old testament and is still like that today. I felt this as a 8 year old kid about.
                      What Pamela Geller thinks is irrelevant. Look at Jeremiah 8,8 if you have any doubt that the old testament has been corrupted.

Brother MashaAllah it's good you are seeking and striving for the truth may Allah aid you.

I just want to recommend a resource www.islamreligion.com they have a bunch of good articles about Islam and a live chat q&a for you to ask questions. I used them a lot when I was new to Islam
                      Even in the belly of the whale there was hope.

Comment

Originally posted by eesa the kiwi View Post

What Pamela Geller thinks is irrelevant. Look at Jeremiah 8,8 if you have any doubt that the old testament has been corrupted.

Brother MashaAllah it's good you are seeking and striving for the truth may Allah aid you.

I just want to recommend a resource www.islamreligion.com they have a bunch of good articles about Islam and a live chat q&a for you to ask questions. I used them a lot when I was new to Islam
                        I understand. What stumps me is al wala al bara. It says you need to hate the kuffar for the sake of allah. This doesn’t mean you can’t have natural feelings of love for a kaffir. It says to hate the Jews for example. Isn’t that anti-Semitic and racism because they are an ethnically or it’s not because it’s based on context racism and the hating is based on religious grounds, not ethnic grounds because if you were to say I hate Arabs, that becomes automatically racism. Why is that?

Comment

..It says you need to hate the kuffar for the sake of allah. This doesn’t mean you can’t have natural feelings of love for a kaffir. It says to hate the Jews for example. Isn’t that anti-Semitic and racism because they are an ethnically or it’s not because it’s based on context racism and the hating is based on religious grounds, not ethnic grounds because if you were to say I hate Arabs, that becomes automatically racism. Why is that?
                          As far as I'm aware, the Prophet Muhammad, peace be with him, didn't hate ANYBODY.
                          We should hate bad deeds .. we should hate that which Allah SWT has taught us is despicable.
                          He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters - Psalms (Zaboor of Dawood)

Comment

Originally posted by isa_muhammad View Post

As far as I'm aware, the Prophet Muhammad, peace be with him, didn't hate ANYBODY.
                            We should hate bad deeds .. we should hate that which Allah SWT has taught us is despicable.
                            http://www.bakkah.net/en/regarding-t...hyiud-deen.htm

"There has already been for you an excellent pattern in Abraham and those with him, when they said to their people, "Indeed, we are disassociated from you and from whatever you worship other than Allah . We have denied you, and there has appeared between us and you animosity and hatred forever until you believe in Allah alone" except for the saying of Abraham to his father, "I will surely ask forgiveness for you, but I have not [power to do] for you anything against Allah . Our Lord, upon You we have relied, and to You we have returned, and to You is the destination." (Quran 60:4)

Respectfully, I am not interested in debating you. Do not try to explain away the meaning of this ayah with some modern interpretation. The Quran and Sunnah is clear. The concept of "hate the sin not the sinner" isn't from Islam.
                            Last edited by .khayriyyah.; 14-02-20, 05:55 PM.

Comment

I understand. What stumps me is al wala al bara. It says you need to hate the kuffar for the sake of allah. This doesn’t mean you can’t have natural feelings of love for a kaffir. It says to hate the Jews for example. Isn’t that anti-Semitic and racism because they are an ethnically or it’s not because it’s based on context racism and the hating is based on religious grounds, not ethnic grounds because if you were to say I hate Arabs, that becomes automatically racism. Why is that?

It's not racist. It's based on religion, not ethnicity. If they left Judaism and became a Muslim, no one would have the right to treat them any differently just because of their ethnic background.

Comment

Working...
                              X