Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I need to work but mom (my boss) forbids me to wear Hijab.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made dua, what's the latest?
    Women lost their modesty when men lost their gheerah..” .

Comment

No one here should tell you what to do. Allah knows your situation, your weaknesses and strengths. He does not put a burden on you greater than you can bear.

But He does test us to see those who are true vs those who are fake

Read Quran, pray, study, be sincere, yiur solution will come to you

But remember , your obedience to parents is only up to Haram. Allah rewards those who struggle in His path
      .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
      نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
      دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by shay5 View Post
        I made dua, what's the latest?
        I bought an outfit that is loose and covers everything mentioned in the Quran to cover, now I'm praying that it's not Haram because it's not exactly a scarf and doesn't show that I'm a Muslim... I feel in my gut it's okay coverage wise (there is a Hadith that says that if you feel that something is right it's right, and if you feel that something is wrong it is wrong), but I doubt my feelings because I want to please everyone.

I feel weak because I can't just pass this up, because this is a huge opportunity for an art career and the ability to grow my imam at the same time (It takes money, because I live forty-five minutes from the nearest Masjid and gas is going through the roof). If mom told me I had to wear short sleeves I'd say no in an instant, but this is more ambiguous, so I'm torn. The only reason I'm torn though is because I'm not ashamed to be a Muslim and I want to show it off, and it feels like I'm hiding my faith (even though I'm not doing so intentionally).

Comment

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
          No one here should tell you what to do. Allah knows your situation, your weaknesses and strengths. He does not put a burden on you greater than you can bear.

But He does test us to see those who are true vs those who are fake

Read Quran, pray, study, be sincere, yiur solution will come to you

But remember , your obedience to parents is only up to Haram. Allah rewards those who struggle in His path
          What about when it is ambiguous? Like I honestly don't know if covering up is the compulsory act, or if it has to be a head scarf as well. I see Muslims in Africa and Asia who cover themselves appropriately, but not with a traditional scarf and they've been doing it for as long as Islam came to them, surely they are good Muslimahs who obey Allah, even though the way they guard their modestly is different to Arabs.

I feel like this situation calls me to act based on personal conviction, not necessarily the law because it is ambiguous in this case (due to the fact is does not say it has to be a particular type of covering, besides what was popular at the time). I should ask myself: Am I dressing in a modest fashion that would please Allah? Instead of trying to get legal answers for a question that has so many differing opinions even among scholars (plus it's only one day a week so it's not as if it's ALL the time, the rest of the time I'm a Hijabi and proud (until I graduate into a niqabi Insha Allah)). I came to the conclusion that I should know what is modest and fulfills Hijab (according to the verses in the Quran) when I see it, and If I'm not happy with the outfit I'll change it until I am completely modest (according to the Quran and Hadiths of course, not my own definition).

P.s this was the solution that came to me after I prayed about it.
          Last edited by ELM; 14-05-18, 08:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rahmat89 View Post

Bisimillah

I was in your position before, years ago. I work in place where I feel im not comfortable when salah. I leave it because of Allah. And alhamdulillah now I have a better job and try to build my own business. It is state on hadits. If you leave something because of Allah. Allah will replace it with better thing. In our case: job. That's why I said 100% Allah will give you a better job because Allah said so.

Abu Qatadah reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Verily, you will never leave anything for the sake of Allah Almighty but that Allah will replace it with something better.”

Source: Musnad Aḥmad 22565

Grade: Sahih (authentic) according to Al-Albani

AllahuAlam
            I will leave as soon as I feel that working with my mom stands between my worshiping Allah correctly (it's not there yet, I was merely questioning if the type of head covering mattered, because I'd wear the outfit with a hijab because it is modest). As long as I'm covered head to ankle and able to pray I'll stick with it.

Comment

Your very similar to another member

Creamcake

Comment

Originally posted by ELM View Post

What about when it is ambiguous? Like I honestly don't know if covering up is the compulsory act, or if it has to be a head scarf as well. I see Muslims in Africa and Asia who cover themselves appropriately, but not with a traditional scarf and they've been doing it for as long as Islam came to them, surely they are good Muslimahs who obey Allah, even though the way they guard their modestly is different to Arabs.

I feel like this situation calls me to act based on personal conviction, not necessarily the law because it is ambiguous in this case (due to the fact is does not say it has to be a particular type of covering, besides what was popular at the time). I should ask myself: Am I dressing in a modest fashion that would please Allah? Instead of trying to get legal answers for a question that has so many differing opinions even among scholars (plus it's only one day a week so it's not as if it's ALL the time, the rest of the time I'm a Hijabi and proud (until I graduate into a niqabi Insha Allah)). I came to the conclusion that I should know what is modest and fulfills Hijab (according to the verses in the Quran) when I see it, and If I'm not happy with the outfit I'll change it until I am completely modest (according to the Quran and Hadiths of course, not my own definition).

P.s this was the solution that came to me after I prayed about it.
                Sister

you are the one who has to return to Allah and be judged for your deeds and intentions
                ​​​​​​
                Other people may guide you or misguide you

So focus on doing the right thing by Allah. Be careful of logically defending disobedience because it makes life easier for you but strive to please your Lord

Look at our examples for the best guidance
                .لا نريد زعيما يخاف البيت الإبيض
                نريد زعيما يخاف الواحد الأحد
                دولة الإسلامية باقية

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post
                  Your very similar to another member

Creamcake
                  Is that a bad or good thing lol?

Comment

Is that a bad or good thing lol?
                    Neither

u both just write alot and think aloud
                    ​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by Abu julaybeeb View Post

Neither

u both just write alot and think aloud
                      ​​​​
                      I'll take it as a compliment lol.. I'm just fast at typing.

Comment

I feel like this situation calls me to act based on personal conviction, not necessarily the law because it is ambiguous in this case (due to the fact is does not say it has to be a particular type of covering, besides what was popular at the time). .
                        I am sure about this that Islam has criteria for clothing and if that is being fulfilled, it doesnt matter what style or stuff, the clothes are made up of.

Perhaps the uneasy feeling that you have is not because the dressing style doesnt identify you explicitly as a muslim. Rather its because you are in doubt if it fulfills the covering requirements. A sign of faith is thay doubtful things bother a person so you should try to improve your situation as much as you can.

When I got married, me and my wife visited my home country and there was cultural pressure from my family that she dresses in our colorful cultural dress instead of plain abaya. We thought the same as you that our criteria is covering. So my family came up with colorful clothes
                        ​​fulfilling the minimum covering requirements. The problem was that these custom fit clothes always have some issue popping out. Sometimes the figure is visible, sometimes other issues and it was colorful on top of it. So neither me, nor my wife felt comfortable. These standard abayas are designed so that women can move around without always being worried about what is getting exposed. In custom dresses, as soon as you move etc, some aspects start getting compromised.

Practically, there can be many issues with custom dressing.

How is your hat covering ears ?
                        How can you cover your neck below your chin ?
                        How do you make sure that figure is not visible ? Loose T-shirts cannot hide the figure, the way an abaya does !

​​​​​​​A sister can guide you more than me about this.

So you see that even though theoratically, Islam allows you to choose your dress type if the requirements are fulfilled, however practically, I rarely see custom types fulfilling the requirements the way a proper abaya does.

Still if you insist that all requirements are met then okay.

Last edited by savo234; 17-05-18, 06:36 AM.

Comment

I bought an outfit that is loose and covers everything mentioned in the Quran to cover, now I'm praying that it's not Haram because it's not exactly a scarf and doesn't show that I'm a Muslim... I feel in my gut it's okay coverage wise (there is a Hadith that says that if you feel that something is right it's right, and if you feel that something is wrong it is wrong), but I doubt my feelings because I want to please everyone.

I feel weak because I can't just pass this up, because this is a huge opportunity for an art career and the ability to grow my imam at the same time (It takes money, because I live forty-five minutes from the nearest Masjid and gas is going through the roof). If mom told me I had to wear short sleeves I'd say no in an instant, but this is more ambiguous, so I'm torn. The only reason I'm torn though is because I'm not ashamed to be a Muslim and I want to show it off, and it feels like I'm hiding my faith (even though I'm not doing so intentionally).
                          assalamu Alaykoom

may Allah SWT make things easy to you ...
                          sister don't follow what other Muslims do but rather follow what Allah SWT and his messenger command and you find it in Quran and hadith ..

if you notice that nowadays Muslim women cover only hair and leave the neck and ears not covered ...this is not Hijab as Allah SWT commanded women to cover the neck and what is connected to it like the chest ..

("وَلْيَضْرِبْنَ بِخُمُرِهِنَّ عَلَىٰ جُيُوبِهِنَّ

and to draw their veils over their bosom")Quran 31:31

Tafheem Al Quran interpretation :

"In the pre-lslamic days of ignorance, women used to wear a sort of head-band, which was tied in a knot at the rear of the head. The slit of the shirt in the front partly remained open exposing the front of the neck and the upper part of the bosom. There was nothing except the shirt to cover the chest, and the hair was worn in a couple or two of plaits hanging behind like tails. (AI-Kashshaf, Vol. II, p. 90, and Ibn Kathir, Vol. III, pp. 283-284). At the revelation of this verse, the head-wrapper (dopatta) was introduced among the Muslim women, which was meant to cover the head, the chest, and the back, completely. The way the Muslim women responded to this Command has been described by Hadrat 'A'ishah in a vivid manner. She states that when Surah An-Nur was revealed and the people learnt of its contents from the Holy Prophet, they immediately went back to their houses and recited the verses before their wives, daughters and sisters. There was an instantaneous response. The Ansar women, one and all, inunediately got up and made wrappers from whatever piece of cloth that was handy. The next morning all the women who came to the Prophet's Mosque for prayers were dressed in wrappers. In another tradition Hadrat `A'ishah says that thin cloth was discarded and the women selected only coarse cloth for the purpose. (lbn Kathir, Vol.III, p. 284, Abu Da'ud).
                          The very nature and object of the Command demanded that the wrapper should not be made out of fine and thin cloth. The Ansar women immediately understood the real object and knew what type of cloth was intended to be used. The Law-Giver himself clarified this and did not leave it to be interpreted by the people. Dihya Kalbi states: "Once a length of fine Egyptian muslin was presented to the Holy Prophet. He gave a piece of it to me and said, `Use one part of it for your shirt, and give the rest of it to your wife for a wrapper, but tell her that she should stitch another piece of cloth on the inner side so that the body may not be displayed through it." (Abu Da'ud). "
                          Last edited by Tayoofa; 07-06-18, 04:28 PM.
                          Ibn Al Qayyim may Allah have mercy on him said: ("
                          The heart on its journey towards Allah the Exalted is like that of a bird. Love is its head, and fear and hope are its two wings. When the head is healthy, then the two wings will fly well. When the head is cut off, the bird will die. When either of two wings is damaged, the bird becomes vulnerable to every hunter and predator..”
                          )

Comment

Working...
                          X