Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Prophet's Sunnah

Salaam alaikum everyone,

I had a thought tonight and I know it's probably a bit of a silly question, but hopefully you will understand that it's meant respectfully and with great interest.

The sunnah of the Prophet is so important to us.. but was he taught the sunnah himself, or did he always have that way of living?

Jazak Allah Khair for helping me understand this
    http://jameelah61.wordpress.com/

Re: The Prophet's Sunnah

I think its half and half... some of it is his actual way of living, even before the revelation he had a good way of living and he was known as al amin... but some things in his sunnah its as a result of specific guidance from Allah ta3ala
    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Muhammad :saw: was already a very good man mashaAllah and a believer in Allah before he ever got revelation. He was known as "the honest one" because of his reputation in trading of always being completely honest. He was also part of a group of people who took it upon themselves to help the poor and some other good things like protect innocent people and so on I can't remember the exact details. He was already a monotheist and regularly went to pray and meditate in the cave where he had the first revelation.

In addition to the Qur'an which in itself is a huge guidance, he had guidance from Allah. If Muhammad :saw: made a mistake Allah corrected him, some verses and one chapter in the Qur'an is about this. Some of the other guidance and correction was outside of the Qur'an.

So given all that mashaAllah our Prophet :saw: sets the example for other human beings to follow inshaAllah.
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]
      [CENTER]
      [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
      [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

There are instances that indicate the the Prophet (pbuh) learned as the revelation was revealed.

One major instance is when the Muslims changed the kiblah (direction of prayer) from Jerusalem to Makkah. This is spoken of in the Quran.

The angel jibreel taught the Prophet (pbuh) many things on his visits to the Prophet (pbuh) and then he relayed this information to the sahabbah.

Also, prior to the Prophet (pbuh) receiving revelation he was seeking guidance himself from Allah in the cave of Hira. After the angel came, so did the Prophet learn and relay not just the revelation but his Sunnah as he received more information from Allah.

However, all Prophets, having been already chosen by Allah before they know they will be Prophets, were perfect in every way. Some major qualities of Muhammad (pbuh) was that the was well known by all of the Arab tribes he did business with (and those who knew him personally) to be trustworthy and truthful. He also only worshipped Allah, the God of Ibrahim.

The Quran and the Prophets Sunnah were given to the people hand in hand.
        Last edited by brjimc; 26-09-07, 07:25 PM.
        Visit our Forum

IslamFactor

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X