Mistakes I made

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mistakes I made

The last 14 months have been a real education and an eye opening experience. After reverting I dove into anything and everything Islamic that I could find. I am a voracious reader and there again I overdid it and I realize it now.
    The final result of the last 14 months is that I have a lot of Islamic facts, random hadeeths, history of the ummah and such in my head in a disjointed and jumbled mess. I can recall parts of hadeeths (at least I think they are...might just be parts of stories) but I can rarely put names or context to the incidents. It's frustrating as hell.
    So now I am going to start from scratch and try to put it all in a proper order and this is where I need some help.
    Does anyone know of a regime of study that I can take here at home. It's hard to get to a masjid to access classes for new reverts.
    I took the road less traveled...where the heck am I? :scratch:

Re: Mistakes I made

Originally posted by Te'oma View Post
    The last 14 months have been a real education and an eye opening experience. After reverting I dove into anything and everything Islamic that I could find. I am a voracious reader and there again I overdid it and I realize it now.
    The final result of the last 14 months is that I have a lot of Islamic facts, random hadeeths, history of the ummah and such in my head in a disjointed and jumbled mess. I can recall parts of hadeeths (at least I think they are...might just be parts of stories) but I can rarely put names or context to the incidents. It's frustrating as hell.
    So now I am going to start from scratch and try to put it all in a proper order and this is where I need some help.
    Does anyone know of a regime of study that I can take here at home. It's hard to get to a masjid to access classes for new reverts.
    Amen akhi .. I too would love to access a course at home.. though insha allah I'm hoping that one ran through Melbourne on Pal talk each Sunday night might help me..
    http://jameelah61.wordpress.com/

Comment

there is an online islamic classroom, u can join the classes at www.adly.net :D very good for begginers alhamdulillah

http://adly.net/schedule.htm

http://adly.net/lectures.html
      Last edited by *asiya*; 14-03-07, 10:14 AM.
      "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

:up:

Now I just have to see if I can work out my schedule to be able to do this
        I took the road less traveled...where the heck am I? :scratch:

Comment

[CENTER]
          [/CENTER]
          [CENTER]
          [/CENTER]

[SIZE=1][COLOR=dimgray]
          [/COLOR][/SIZE]

Comment

Originally posted by `asiya View Post
            there is an online islamic classroom, u can join the classes at www.adly.net :D very good for begginers alhamdulillah

http://adly.net/schedule.htm

http://adly.net/lectures.html
            I completely missed this post.. masha Allah sis. I'll go look at it now.

Do you know what I have found the most confusing? Everyone has their own ideas on what is important and what isn't .. or what is too fast or what is too slow.

We used to have a course for new converts in Christianity that takes people through the basics of their faith. I guess that the new muslims circles in some masjids would do the same thing.

I'm going to try and find one so I can learn the basics and then move on from there.. maybe this will meet that need.. if not, does anyone have any books or study guides that would help that I can order from a bookshop?

Comment

yea just pop in and say salam and tell sister laila ur a new muslim and ur looking to learn your deen and insha Allah they will help u out explain all u need.. sis laila is a tough straight talker masha Allah..and masha Allah shes a good teacher for begginers plus u get acess to other classes too from students of knowledge and shaikhs sometimes so its a good starting point insha Allah ukhti and timings are all listed once u load up the classroom u will see it all there on the links insha Allah u can attend live classes too :up:

also sis check out the lectures there theyre all good speakers and the ones by imam ibrahim zidan hes one of my fav teachers masha Allah he has a lot of knowledge and he explains so beautifully and consisely if u have any spare time just pop a lecture on theres a lot to be learnt just by listening about specific topics, take notes and what u dont understand or need further explanation on then u can ask ppl of more knowledge insha Allah, all helps us to learn u can even do it long distance Alhamdulillah Allah gave us this technology to make shaikhs avaliable directly to your own home :D subhanAllah
              Last edited by *asiya*; 09-05-07, 10:04 PM.
              "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by `asiya View Post
                yea just pop in and say salam and tell sister laila ur a new muslim and ur looking to learn your deen and insha Allah they will help u out explain all u need.. sis laila is a tough straight talker masha Allah..and masha Allah shes a good teacher for begginers plus u get acess to other classes too from students of knowledge and shaikhs sometimes so its a good starting point insha Allah ukhti and timings are all listed once u load up the classroom u will see it all there on the links insha Allah u can attend live classes too :up:

also sis check out the lectures there theyre all good speakers and the ones by imam ibrahim zidan hes one of my fav teachers masha Allah he has a lot of knowledge and he explains so beautifully and consisely if u have any spare time just pop a lecture on theres a lot to be learnt just by listening about specific topics, take notes and what u dont understand or need further explanation on then u can ask ppl of more knowledge insha Allah, all helps us to learn u can even do it long distance Alhamdulillah Allah gave us this technology to make shaikhs avaliable directly to your own home :D subhanAllah
                j

SubhanAllah sis.. I do appreciate all this help

I'm going out in a few minutes but will come back and spend time really exploring the site.. jazak Allah khair

Comment

sis in fop its even cheaper 5 quid only ;) lol

online courses i kno sunnipath academy do some aswell all dif kinds, and for revert u might also get it for free. u cn chose like basics or dif aspects of what u want 2 learn
                  <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                  X