Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Story about reverting

Assalaam Alakium,

Since we have this nice new area, I thought I would repost my story. Original is here: http://www.ummah.net/forum/showthrea...t=77734&page=2

I am a revert to Islam, Alhamdulliah as well as my 74 year-old Father who was raised as a Confederate Southerner in North Carolina during the depression and the times of the KKK.

We were Lutheran Christian before. Islam is fastest growing because it is the Truth. When the writings of the Lost Books of the Bible are not mentioned in the Bible or any other books we have today, except the Quran, that tells you something. Everyone I know as a Christian are not true Christians. They are Holy on Sunday to repent and pray and backstabbing-cussing-sinners the other 6 days. In my life I have never been in the presence of a true Christian role model including all the people at the Church I grew up in.

The Church even created a Haunted House every year on Halloween as a fundraiser. To this day, I do not see how people can dare dress as a Witch on Church property and scare people.

In reading History and knowing the Bible is a cut and paste job from the times of Constantine and every Holiday from Christmas to Valentines Day were originally Pagan Holidays, it made me think. My Dad has no schooling, but understands the Bible like a Scholar. once we read the Quran we both knew heart mind and soul it made so much since. That day we both felt like a weight of stress about religion was removed and neither one of us have ever had a question in our brains that needed to be answered.

GOD knew when the books were written what the times would be like in 2006. He needed to make sure the last book given to us would make since even after it was read 1400 years later. He knew by the time Constantine put the Bible together, no one could interpret the words easily as we do not speak in the language like "For art thou". He knew times were going to be hard enough as it is, so by giving us a simply easy book like the Quran would make our Spiritual life easy so we could spend more time to handle the stress of work and bills.

To me it was like, what makes more sense. For example, the Bible story of Jesus (PBUH) being born was 1 sentence. That's ridiculous, of course there is so much more to the story. come on now! JESUS (PBUH) WAS BORN! That should take way more than a mediocre sentence. Compare the Bible story of Jesus (PBUH) being born to the story in the Quran. The reason it is one sentence in the Bible is because Constantine could not admit that Jesus (PBUH) spoke of Mohammed (PBUH), or else he will loose all his power and Christians would turn.

Did they ever stop to think about how Jesus prayed? He bowed like we do as Muslims. That kinda tells me he was doing what Abraham (PBUH) did which is what Mohammed (PBUH) did to tell the people to stop being Pagan and go back to our roots.

Alhamdulliah GOD has chosen us to the right path.

Salaam,
    sister Khadija :D :inlove: :ahb:

Bump. Amazing story.

Nickklein what do you think about Khadija (the OP)'s post, where she talks about the way Christians are supposed to pray and the lost books of the bible and some of the hypocrisy in the churches.
    وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Well as you know I believe christianity is the truth, however I always admire someone who cares enough about these things to think about them and consider seeking God and asking him if the religion he or she grew up with is the truth. I know both Christians and Muslims who I know don't really care. They grew up with that religion and will defend it to the death without even thinking about whether it's the truth.

That said, I'd like to make a quick point if I may... the idea that the biblical collection of books comes from Constantine or another person or council is misleading. Yes, there were councils later to officially recognize these books as bible. However the early church knew which books were bible from the very beginning. (Mostly because they were written by apostles of Jesus) During the first hundred years actually. A couple scholarly articles can be found here: https://www.bethinking.org/is-the-bi...books-compiled https://www.biola.edu/blogs/good-boo...t-of-the-bible
      Btw I do think its pretty bad when Christian dress up like devils for Halloween!!! Our church doesn't!!

However to reiterate I think that God is very happy when his children look for him and truly want to follow him. Jesus told us to ask, and seek. And the old testament tells us that God WILL show himself to anyone who sincerely looks for him. So I may disagree with some things but I'd rather have someone looking for the truth, and for a relationship with God, Rather than just practicing their religion because they've always done it that way. I know both Christians and Muslims like that and I don't get it!!

Comment

Originally posted by Nickklein View Post
        Well as you know I believe christianity is the truth, however I always admire someone who cares enough about these things to think about them and consider seeking God and asking him if the religion he or she grew up with is the truth. I know both Christians and Muslims who I know don't really care. They grew up with that religion and will defend it to the death without even thinking about whether it's the truth.

That said, I'd like to make a quick point if I may... the idea that the biblical collection of books comes from Constantine or another person or council is misleading. Yes, there were councils later to officially recognize these books as bible. However the early church knew which books were bible from the very beginning. (Mostly because they were written by apostles of Jesus) During the first hundred years actually. A couple scholarly articles can be found here: https://www.bethinking.org/is-the-bi...books-compiled https://www.biola.edu/blogs/good-boo...t-of-the-bible
        Btw I do think its pretty bad when Christian dress up like devils for Halloween!!! Our church doesn't!!

However to reiterate I think that God is very happy when his children look for him and truly want to follow him. Jesus told us to ask, and seek. And the old testament tells us that God WILL show himself to anyone who sincerely looks for him. So I may disagree with some things but I'd rather have someone looking for the truth, and for a relationship with God, Rather than just practicing their religion because they've always done it that way. I know both Christians and Muslims like that and I don't get it!!
        Ok thanks for responding. I will try to look more into this with Constantine.

I think Islam is the next step sanctioned by God, from the original Christianity. I don't understand why people don't accept Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him, who is exactly like the biblical prophets preaching One God, adherence to laws very similar to the Mosaic law, in fact he is very similar to Moses peace be upon him.

It was necessary that a universal religion be introduced for the salvation of mankind rather than the people of Israel only. Jesus was sent to Israel while the Prophet Muhammad PBUH came to mankind, you can tell in that his first followers were multicultural, you had Ethiopians, Arabs, some Jewish people later on in Madinah as his followers...

But himself, Prophet Muhammad PBUH was semitic as an Arab and descendent of Abraham peace be upon him.

Why shouldn't anyone, especially Christians, accept the Prophet Muhammad PBUH?

There is no doctrine that states in Christianity not to accept another prophet, there is no finality since Jesus peace be upon him, is seen as the son of God and messiah not just a prophet in Christianity. There is no doctrine of a final messenger there.

You can tell between the truthful and fake prophets. Fake Prophets take money off people, are hypocritical and care for fame and notoriety than establishing worship of God and charity.

Look at the five pillars of Islam - not one of it contradicts the Abrahamic teachings:

1. Profession of Faith in the One Lord and Prophet Muhammad as the final messenger
        2. Prayer - we bow and praise God just like it was taught in the Old Testament
        3. Alms (Zakat, in the Old Testament it was tzedakah)
        4. Fasting (you guys have this in lent)
        5. Pilgrimage which is centred on worshipping the Creator - who Middle Eastern Christians even call Allah.

Quran Chapter 13 verse 16:

Say, "Who is Lord of the heavens and earth?" Say, " Allah ." Say, "Have you then taken besides Him allies not possessing [even] for themselves any benefit or any harm?" Say, "Is the blind equivalent to the seeing? Or is darkness equivalent to light? Or have they attributed to Allah partners who created like His creation so that the creation [of each] seemed similar to them?" Say, " Allah is the Creator of all things, and He is the One, the Prevailing."

وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

To my knowledge the bible doesn’t deny that other prophets may come. In fact it says God will give some people in the church the gift of prophecy. So your right, we shouldn’t reject Mohammed because we think Jesus is the “final messenger” or something.

I don’t agree that Jesus was sent to just the Jews only though...
          Jesus preached to Gentiles as well as Jews.
          Before his ascension into heaven he told his disciples to “go into all the world” and tell everyone the good news that God’s kingdom had come through Jesus.
          Jesus disciples were constantly persecuted for not being loyal Jews because they didn’t make gentile followers of Jesus become Jewish by circumcising themselves. (Acts 15) Jesus’ message was that now God’s kingdom had come to the world. Not just the Jews. (Romans 11 helps explain this)
          So in that way I think Mohammed and Jesus’ Messages are very similar...

But what makes me choose one over the other rather than accepting both is that I can’t see how some of their teachings could work together.

Muslim friends have often told me that they accept Jesus fully. But usually they’re unaware of many of the things he said. Jesus’ claims and actions often don’t go well with Islam. Neither does Jesus’ crucifixion. We believe Jesus was “The Christ” who rescued us from Sin and Death. (prophesied in Isaiah 9 and 53) This was the earliest Christian teaching we have records of. (3-5 yrs after Jesus death)

So I don’t see how I could possibly fit Mohammed in that Christian belief or Christianity into Muslim beliefs without completely distorting one or both messages.

Now I’ve talked with Muslims who reconcile the two by saying that the Bible was corrupted after Jesus. However I haven’t seen any real evidence for this, and nobodies been able to show me where either the Quran or the Bible have been significantly corrupted.

So I think it kind-of has to be “either, or”... We can’t say we follow both.

Comment

So I think it kind-of has to be “either, or”... We can’t say we follow both.
            Oh, I don't know..
            I believed in God before I became a Muslim. I only "knew" the Bible.
            When I learned about the OT, prophets, and how Islamic theology approaches various issues,
            it all comes together, for me.

Not all Christians believe in a trinty. Not all Christians believe Jesus is God etc.
            He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters - Psalms (Zaboor of Dawood)

Comment

Originally posted by isa_muhammad View Post

Oh, I don't know..
              I believed in God before I became a Muslim. I only "knew" the Bible.
              When I learned about the OT, prophets, and how Islamic theology approaches various issues,
              it all comes together, for me.

Not all Christians believe in a trinty. Not all Christians believe Jesus is God etc.
              Yeah, your right that not all people who identify as Christians believe those things, but those were the original beliefs. I don't make that claim lightly by the way... the earliest stuff we have, songs composed 3-5yrs after Jesus, (which is considered very early for someone living 2000 yrs ago) have Jesus' deity firmly in there. The Carmen Christie for example. (which comes from the apostles or people connected directly to them.)

Of course there are many basic teachings that overlap, but historically the original teachings of the two faiths aren't compatible. And we all have a personal responsibility to find out which is right. Which God we will serve. Allah or Jesus. I think that's how high the stakes are! This is not a light desicion and I admire people who seriously think about this. I myself have done a lot of prayer, research, and have read both the quran and bible. I always pray that more people would... This book has really helped me frame the arguments for both religions. Even if I wouldn't agree with all the conclusions.
              https://books.google.ca/books/about/...on&redir_esc=y

My prayer is that everyone would find the truth. Wherever that may be...
              Last edited by Nickklein; 28-11-19, 07:15 PM.

Comment

The Carmen Christie for example. (which comes from the apostles or people connected directly to them.)
                Never heard of it. Most hymns are a lot more recent .. particularly ones that mention a trinity.

Of course there are many basic teachings that overlap, but historically the original teachings of the two faiths aren't compatible.
                Yes they certainly DO overlap. I don't agree with you that they are not compatible.
                Yes, orthodox Christianity stresses the importance of Jesus to the point of Divinity.
                It is this principle that was harnessed by the Romans to perpetuate their authority..
                ..they'd already "seen off" the Jews.

My prayer is that everyone would find the truth. Wherever that may be...
                Agreed upon. Unfortunately, the life of this world comes between man and Almighty God.
                He maketh me to lie down in green pastures; He leadeth me beside the still waters - Psalms (Zaboor of Dawood)

Comment

Working...
                X