X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• reverts from a Christian background

asalaam alaikum everyone

Just a quick question as I'm at work :)

If you have reverted from a Christian background or if you know people who did.. how did you/ how did they approach people (Christians mainly) to tell them about your/their reversion
    http://jameelah61.wordpress.com/

Re: reverts from a Christian background

wa alaikum carol did u become muslim? (sorry to ask but i havent been around much last few days just was wondering from reading some of your posts) well when i began practising Islam people noticed from my dress and scarf that i had become muslim so it kind of opened up the subject nicely for me and a few of my close freinds swore out loud in shock when they saw me, and then offered me a cup of tea as if nothing had happened at all and said so your a muslim then, and that was that. Alhamdulillah most people knew i was religous anyway before Islam so it wasnt so unexpected i guess.
    "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by `asiya View Post
      wa alaikum carol did u become muslim? (sorry to ask but i havent been around much last few days just was wondering from reading some of your posts) well when i began practising Islam people noticed from my dress and scarf that i had become muslim so it kind of opened up the subject nicely for me and a few of my close freinds swore out loud in shock when they saw me, and then offered me a cup of tea as if nothing had happened at all and said so your a muslim then, and that was that. Alhamdulillah most people knew i was religous anyway before Islam so it wasnt so unexpected i guess.
      wasalaam 'asiya,

yes, I said Shahada just over 2 weeks ago. My story is on the thread here somewhere, but I am not telling the whole forum yet till I can tell my family which won't be till the end of January as for many reasons we have all been apart for months and won't be together again until end of January as a family.

I have been a very strong active Christian, who has been supported in mission work by churches.. It's going to be quite a journey .. and a test to start telling people.

I'm spending this next couple of weeks trying to learn and absorb as much as I can. I'm not confused any more alhamduilillah .. and the fear is going.. both of which hit me badly in the first few days. I still have tensions and you will see that reflected in my posts for a while I guess.

I'm planning on being rather quiet on the general forums after next week. I'll still come in here and keep in touch with those who are supporting me so wonderfully, but I need to start trying to work out how to talk to people.. and to do that I have to know why I believe.. and you know at the moment.. I have to keep going back to Allah and saying.. "it was only because of Him."

thankyou for your greetings 'asiya .. Jazak Allah khairyan for all your posts to me over the years..
      http://jameelah61.wordpress.com/

Comment

wow Allahu akbar masha Allah welcome to the ummah ukhti carol! , sorry i missed your story (of course will keep it quiet till you announce it properly in your own time) this is not going to be an easy time for you perhaps with your christian community and old freinds i really hope and pray you will find some muslims to support you when you move insha Allah but even without that as u know im sure its a really personal journey and even supportive muslims cant practically help you deal with family and social issues that you may face.

what i always bear in mind in difficult times is that no matter what happens, Allah ta ala knows how hard it is, Allah knows how much pain we go through, Allah ta ala knows how hard we have to struggle to uphold the truth and even if no one else around seems to understand your pain - Allah ta ala knows well what you go through, so even when its tough your not alone, i dont know where this saying comes from but "he who has no one, has Allah"

insha Allah all goes well with your family and may Allah ta ala continue to guide you to truth and keep you steadfast upon it and strengthen you with every test to come,amin.

and dont forget were all here for u although were miles away :inlove: barakallahu feeki amin
        Last edited by *asiya*; 06-12-06, 10:22 AM.
        "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Well my parents (well dad is) christian, but I live in a christian type house and I think they knew I was thinking about reverting when the sister that I want to marry came to my house and met the family and she was wearing her veil at the time, there was no complains,I'm grateful that I have a family that loves me for who I am, not my religion or whatever else I do, it took time for my dad to understand why I reverted, but at the end of the day my family are happy to know that I'm happy :D
          A small Du'a can make a big difference :D
          Make Dua for your brothers and sisters, wouldn't you want good things to happen to them as much as good things happening to you?

http://onlybeautyinislam.wordpress.com

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X