awww masha allah sis jazakallah khayr for sharing ur story with us :love:
    .: Rufaida :.
    .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
    http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
    “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
    but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
    ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
    <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

Re: Tell us your story :)

sorry its in bits but i kept getting logged out

bring back PAGAL LADOOOO:up:

Comment

Asalaamu alaikum my dear respected brothers and sisters in Islam.
        I have never composed this so have mercy on your brother.

I was enlisting in the US Military in 2002. After leaving college for a lack of money I left to Basic Training for the USAF. After about 5 weeks (BT is only 7 weeks) it was discovered that I had a preexisting condition that I had not disclosed on my entry paperwork. I was removed from Basic Training and moved back near my parents. I had a rought time with some personal issues with drugs and some other bad stuff and moved away from home with no money and no one to help. Got a junk job in a big city and lived with 3 other people in a 2 bedroom tiny apartment. After many nights crying not understanding why the world had turned on me I was ready to give up.

Backstory... Before I left for BT it was recommended by a friend of mine at the time to desensitize myself to gore and bad situations so I watched alot of videos of death and stuff like that. When I got to BT there was a knowledge of where we were all going after tech (There are only 2 jobs in the Air Force which really put a gun in your hand and your boots in enemy territory, mine was one) and there was a lot of talking about 'killing Muslims'. Needless to say, my first experiences with Islam were with it as my enemy.

Back to the main story... I got lucky and found a good job in the city and got my own apartment, but I was still doing drugs and stuff. After some time on my own I was introducing myself more and more to what had been initially explained as my enemy, and when I stopped watching videos of death and actually started doing research on who they were I was suprised. These people aren't the child murdering people that my buddies in the service made them out to be. They didn't attack us, we attacked them. 9/11 has too many questions... etc etc. After some weeks of research it was like night and day that Muslims were not my enemy, but they were the ones that were holy and pious. Not long after I took my shahada in my own home as I didn't know anyone who was Muslim and I didn't know of any masajids in my area. Alhamduillah the next week at work I met a Syrian pharmacist who helped me limp my way into Islam. I cold turkied everything I was doing that was wrong, even removed my gold chain my father had given me. ALHAMDUILLAH Allah turned me from the oppressor into the mumin, Allah(swt) is most merciful to his slave.

3 years later here I am, strong in my iman and taqwah as Allah (swt) gave that to me. BTW, I still talk to that brother from Syria even though I have moved and gotten married and had a kid since then.

:lailah:
        First they came for the 'Terrorists', and I did not speak out.
        Then they came for the fundraisers, and I did not speak out.
        Next they came for the ulama, and I did not speak out.
        And then they came for me.

Comment

mashaAllah brother thank you for sharing your story :up: welcome to the reverts forum.

ALLAHU AKBAR at your reversion - albeit three years ago mashaAllah.

Comment

Originally posted by dhakiyya View Post
            mashaAllah brother thank you for sharing your story :up: welcome to the reverts forum.

ALLAHU AKBAR at your reversion - albeit three years ago mashaAllah.
            :jkk:

Comment

masha allah :D
              .: Rufaida :.
              .:Fa Firroo Ila-llaah:.
              http://s61.photobucket.com/albums/h6...th_Silence.jpg
              “People praise you for what they suppose is in you,
              but you must blame your soul for what you know is in you.”
              ~ Ibn Atallah

Ramadan Activities for Children
              <button id="tw_schedule_btn" class="tw-schedule-btn" style="padding: 4px 6px;position: absolute;left: 141px;top: 840px;background-color: #F7F7F7; background: linear-gradient(#FFF, #F0F0F0); border: 1px solid #CCC; color: #5F5F5F; cursor: pointer; font-weight: bold; text-shadow: 0 1px #FFF; white-space: nowrap;border-radius: 3px;font-size: 11px; display: none; z-index: 8675309">Schedule</button>

Comment

subhanAllah masha Allah may Allah always guide u and keep u on the haq amin
                "O you who believe! Stand out firmly for justice, as witnesses to Allah, even as against yourselves, or your parents, or your kin, and whether it be (against) rich or poor: for Allah can best protect both. Follow not the lusts (of your hearts), lest you swerve, and if you distort (justice) or decline to do justice, verily Allah is well-acquainted with all that you do." [An-Nisa 4:135]

The Prophet :saw: said:

"Whosoever leaves off obedience and separates from the Jamaa'ah and dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah. Whoever fights under the banner of the blind, becoming angry for 'asabiyyah (nationalism/tribalism/partisanship) or calling to 'asabiyyah, or assisting 'asabiyyah, then dies, he dies a death of jaahiliyyah."

muslim

Narrated 'Abdullah:

The Prophet, said, "Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (evil doing) and killing him is Kufr (disbelief)." sahih bukhari

"Creeping upon you is the diseases of those people before you: envy and hatred. And hatred is the thing that shaves. I do not say it shaves the hair but it shaves the religion!

By the One in whose Hand is my soul, you will not enter paradise until you believe, and you will not believe until you love one another. Certainly, let me inform you of that which may establish such things: spread the greetings and peace among yourselves."

[Recorded by Imam Ahmad and Al-Tirmidhi]

Comment

Originally posted by `asiya View Post
                  subhanAllah masha Allah may Allah always guide u and keep u on the haq amin
                  امين يارب
                  جزاك الله خير

Comment

sorry, I have just been kidnapped and chained to the keyboard by another user here who read my conversion story and was rather upset at the sudden, cliff hanging non ending.....

so anyway......... (btw the kalahari bushmen recently won the right to remain on their ancestral lands in a dramatic court case against the Botswana government... proof that ordinary caring people doing ordinary caring campaigns CAN Make a difference) to find out what relevence the Kalahari Bushmen have to my reversion story you'll have to read it from the beginning inshaAllah :p

so....... the rest of my reversion story.......... part V

--------------------------------------

So I had to move to wales at 24 hours notice........... anyway a few months after 9/11 my husband was made redundant (due to an IT recession) then on the same day headhunted by a firm in Birmingham. So we moved to Birmingham. Then a few months later (also due to the IT recession) the entire internet sales department of the company in Birmingham was axed, along with the guy that headhunted my husband. Having been made redundant twice in one year, he decided to go back to uni. Whilst my husband was claiming unemployment benefit, I started working as an instructor (i.e. an unqualified teacher in secondary schools) My employment history up until then had not been good, I had tried several jobs and found them interesting for the first month then I got horribly bored with them. Teaching was the first job I didn't get bored of after one month. Six years later I'm still not bored :) but I was not very good at it then, being unqualified and taking jobs that qualified teachers wouldn't touch with a barge pole. Still I learned a lot teaching PE at what was possibly the worst school in Dudley (now closed down). One thing I learned was that I enjoyed teaching (or in that case it wasn't so much teaching PE as trying to persuade teenage girls to at least do something other than sit around doing nothing, and stopping pre-teenage girls from fighting and trying to encourage them to play football instead)... but I realised I would do a much better job if I got qualified. My husband got a place studying classics at a university in Wales. (his original MA was in astrophysics - he doesn't do things by halves my husband!!) So I applied for teacher training at three different welsh universities. I can't remember what happened to the first two, perhaps I didn't get in or I only applied to one after all.... but one uni didn't so much turn me down as put me on a waiting list.... if anyone dropped out I was on the course.

At some time around then, I had a strange dream.... in my dreams, if I dream of a house, the house represents me, and any problems in the house represent my problems. In this dream, I kicked over a dustbin in the kitchen and rubbish started pouring out of the house. then I went into the garden of the house, which was beautiful. A yellow light shone from above and a voice said "don't forget about heaven." I woke up confused - I didn't believe in heaven, it was a belief that I had rejected as a pagan. I forgot about the dream for a while.

The start date of the course arrived... no phonecall... so I thought never mind maybe try next year................. then the next evening I got a phone call telling me that I was on the course and the course started yesterday and could I make it to lectures tomorrow? So I packed my things like a crazy person and phoned the uni accommodation office who gave me the number of a family who could offer digs....... and 24 hours later I was in those digs, preparing for lectures the next day........

My husband was preparing to start his uni not long after.... not sure what I would have done if I hadn't got the place on the course...... the exact details escape me but it would not have been an easy situation. So for the university part of the course (one block of four weeks and another block of six weeks and a third block of maybe two or three weeks) I was to live with the family... the rest of the time I had school experience and was to live with my husband in halls at uni. They put a second bed into single persons accommodation for me and my husband. I don't think they had married peoples accommodation.

meanwhile I was getting more interested in Islam and Sufism.... started reading books by Idries Shah, very interesting, confirmed my suspicions about the Islamic origin of many ideas in modern paganism and occultism (albeit ideas that had become twisted along the way to paganism) although on balance I think Idries Shah went a bit too far and saw connections where there were none. I stayed in contact with the "order" I was in, although I couldn't exactly attend rituals and stuff. I was also ardently pro palestine by then. I remember having a huge shouting match in the middle of the night in the middle of a street with a zionist friend who was at my uni, after spending the evening with uni friends at the pub. I don't remember exactly what I shouted at him, but it was pro Hamas and showing my indignation at him feeling sorry for poor little Israeli soldiers having stones thrown at them by nasty palestinian primary school children. Some time later when I informed him of my conversion to Islam, he started calling me Hamas and did so for the rest of the course.

We were given our placements for our first teaching practice. I had requested that my placement was near to my husband's uni so I could get there. My first placement was a 40 min car drive away. Just one small problem - I had no driving license. I did try, I did take lessons, but I got the evilest anti-English welsh driving examiner that ever there was and I failed badly. My driving instructor complained and this guy stopped being an examiner (wasn't just me, every English student he had had who had got this examiner had failed). So I took moped riding lessons and saved up enough to buy a moped. Then the owner of the motorbike shop refused to sell it to me cause he thought it wasn't safe for me to do that journey by moped (windy narrow lanes through the woods with some drivers going at 70-80 mph through there) so I was stuck. (public transport was no good either, like two buses a day to major towns).................. if I couldn't get to the placement I would have to drop out of the course........ I really wanted to be a teacher...... I was really enjoying the course......... so I prayed, and I prayed hard, and this is very important for my conversion story, because, when I really really needed help, I didn't trust any of the pagan "gods" - in fact - I wasn't really 100% certain of their existance. So I prayed to the monotheistic God I'd always beleived in. I remembered the dream of the light in the garden.

Next morning, I got a phonecall..... it was from the secretary of the university department that organised teaching practice placements. She told me that the school that my placement was in ran a school bus for the pupils of the town my husbands university was in, and there was one free seat on the bus, was I interested. It left just 5 minutes walk from the univeristy. Was I interested???!!!!!

So Allah had answered my prayer. After all the pagan rubbish Allah showed me the infinite mercy of answering my prayer. I knew then that pagan gods were no more real to me than characters in Star Wars. yes two people can talk to them as though they are real.... they can describe their characteristics, even make images of them. But real?? Not really. I chose to be a monotheist - well not so much chose really, but realised it was the truth. There was ONE GOD. ONE GOD who was greater than anything humans could concieve of. I had always believed in the One God, just deluded myself with the pagan rubbish, which sounded good at the time.

I started looking more into Islam. Realising I was a monotheist I made token attempts to look into other monotheistic religions such as taoism, more to give the impression to my pagan friends that I was still like them and not as interested in Islam as I actually was. But it didn't work... and I started to drift away from them. Some of them seemed uncomfortable with monotheism and the fact that I was a monotheist. Not all of them were like this, some of them recommended books on sufism to me. But the drift away had started.

My husband, because of my interest in Islam, started reading the Qur'an again, then he decided to fast for Ramadan (which was about a month after my teaching practice started) then he started to do some Salat. Then he decided to do all five salat each day properly. He encouraged me to read the Qur'an, and would read bits of it to me. he taught me to say - and write - la illaha illaAllah. I started learning to speak Arabic - I was using this book and cassette course my husband had bought the first time he converted to Islam. I learned the Arabic alphabet surprisingly quickly. I had tried to learn the Hebrew alphabet because of qabalah/occultism a couple of years before and had struggled and struggled with it, due to dyslexia. However I learned the Arabic alphabet in two days.

One of the Qur'an quotes that my husband told me one day, was about usury. I was fully and completely aware of the evil nature of usury and the imact of this despicable practice on the world economy, on the lives of the very poor, on the environment and on so many things... in fact I woudn't agree that money is the root of all evil - but usury is certainly the root of a lot more of it than most people are aware. The Qur'an quote was about Allah going to war on the devourers of usury. I was taken aback.... being used to the kind of religious texts that had been altered by the hands of men to suit their own greedy purposes - here was a quote about Allah declaring war against those that devour usury. That - I thought - would have been one of the first quotes to be removed by a greedy human intent on using holy scriptures for aquisition of power. AND it was very obvious to me that God would hate usury and condemn it in the strongest possible terms. And thats exactly what that quote did. Maybe........ just maybe........ this book was written by the One God that I had always believed in.......................

so I read it some more... and some more.... and asked my husband more and more about Islam.......... but a few things held me back. Stupid things like not wanting to give up alcohol. Being scared to wear hijab. Being scared.... even being scared to pray or do anything religious......... there was this fantastic Muslim family there that I remember, had a sheep farm, were such wonderful lovely people I can't express how nice they were may Allah bless them immensely and keep them on the straight path always... their son was on the school bus that took me to my teaching practice school.... he gave a talk in the school assembly on Ramadan.... made me want to start fasting......... but I was scared to............

My school practice finished and I went back to the uni for the next uni part of the course. At the very end of this part, my mum was seriously ill, but her life mashaAllah was saved by the doctors. She was still in hospital for a long time recovering from major abdominal surgery.

I was at this demonstration in London around that time........ it was the big stop the war demo with 2 million people and I was marching with Palestine Solidarity Campaign. There was a Palestinian brother there called Abdul Aziz. And as I'm sure you all know, huge numbers of Muslims and non Muslims. I didn't know much about the political side of Islam before then........... but it was a real revelation to me seeing all these Muslims marching for the same political causes that I always believed in. Abdul Aziz talked to me about Islam... I told him how I was interested in Islam but I didn't think I could be a Muslim... didn't want to give up alcohol and that... didn't want to wear hijab (even though I was at the time wearing a Palestinian kuffeyeh covering my head like it was a hijab anyway!) ........... he told me, don't worry about it, just pray. He also asked if I knew how to say the shahada.... so I recited it (my husband had taught it to me but I had not actually said it) - as I did, these two Muslim lads who had just ran past us, looked around and looked me directly in the eyes. I thought in my head "two witnesses" but at the same time wasn't sure of my intentions.......... later Abdul Aziz pointed out some people praying and said how good it was they were praying and told me I should pray... I told him I'd ask my husband to teach me how to.

That evening, I went to visit my mum in hospital still wearing my kuffeyah, in fact I think I went back on the train carrying a palestinian flag too... I had made up my mind to get my husband to teach me how to pray. MashaAllah my mum was on the mend from her serious illness and surgery.

Then when I was back in Wales, I asked my husband to teach me how to pray. I was scared to take my shahada though.... my husband agreed that I should just pray, cause the shahada was in the prayer. So he showed me how to do wudu and how to pray. It took a LOT of courage to do either........ I felt I couldn't - I had all kinds of whispers of shaytaan going on in my head... wudu took ages.... and praying...... I did it though.................. I remember thinking before doing sujood, about the pagan rule of not bowing down before anything.... here I was about to bow down (modern pagans don't bow down before their gods, just honor them like older and wiser friends or something)... but I realised... Allah is GREATER than anything humans could concieve of, and we should not bow down before ANYTHING LESS than ALLAH. So the pagans were half right.... they could not concieve of anything worth bowing down to - but they could not or would not consider that ALLAH - the creater of everything - might be greater than anything they concieved of, and if they actually SAW Allah they would bow down before Him. With this in mind, I did sujood and for the first time I felt connected to the God I always believed in - this prayer was the first "ritual" I did that actually worked. It was like a spring of pure water in the desert, real water, not a mirage that faded as soon as you got there. I knew Islam was the right religion.

I actually proper took my shahada sometime later, but I feel that the moment I really became Muslim was when I did that sujood - the first sujood of my first salat.

Comment

Islaam

Originally posted by dhakiyya View Post

I actually proper took my shahada sometime later, but I feel that the moment I really became Muslimah was when I did that sujood - the first sujood of my first salat.
                      Ukhtee Dhakiyya, ALHAMDU LILLAHI RABBIL ALAMEEN wa ma'shaa'ALLAH that you had converted to Islaam.

ALHAMDU LILLAHI RABBIL ALAMEEN wa ma'shaa'ALLAH for all of our Baraakaat always that had been given to all of us only by ALLAH AL-WAHHAB always.

:salams Ukhtee Dhakiyya AL-Muminah
                      Last edited by ABDELTAWWAB; 10-08-08, 08:29 AM.

Comment

as salaamu alaikum

Alhumdulillah.. I agree akhi Allahu akhbar!!!! SubhanAllah how Allah ta'ala leads us to Islam is something that humbles me each time i read another story.. subhanAllah so many different paths and lives.. yet now sis we are united through the wonder of the Haq that is Al Islam.

What a beautiful beautiful account masha'Allah

May Allah ta'ala continue to bless and keep your family strong and in high emaan so you can continue to be the blessing you are to all of us and to those who are impacted by your story

ameen!!

:love: ya sis :)
                        .The Prophet sal Allahu alaiyhi wa sallam said, “I guarantee a house in Jannah for one who gives up arguing, even if he is in the right; and I guarantee a home in the middle of Jannah for one who abandons lying even for the sake of fun; and I guarantee a house in the highest part of Jannah for one who has good manners.”
                        http://jameelah61.wordpress.com/

Comment

subhanAllah im glad i kidnapped you and chained you to your keyboard :p
                          What an absolutely beautiful account of your journey to Islam and WHAT a story it is! I am completely overwhelemed. So many accounts from the brothers and sisters here has left me astounded and touched to the core.

JazakAllah Khair for granting me access to this section and i pray that i dont abuse it in any way and can be of any little help to any of you inshaAllah, although- in complete honesty i think more of you are going to be of a help to me than i am to you
                          So many of us "born into muslim famillies" take it for granted and dont realise that belief in Allah and Al Islam is in itself the biggestg blessing bestowed upon us by Allah Ta'ala.

Hidayah comes only from Him and can easily be taken away from Him too. Only He knows why He does things or why He shows certain people the light and guides them to Siratul Mustaqeem.
                          Ameen to all the duaas- may Allah Ta'ala unite all the muslims and give us the ability to remain steasfast in our deen! Ameen.
                          *~* Learn Patience from Aasiyah (RA); Loyalty from Khadhija (RA); Sincerity from Aisha (RA) and Steadfastness from Fatima (RA).*~*

Comment

yea I just read the whole thread earlier today, subhanALLAH, real nice stories, I'll guess I'll have to post mine up, will do later...
                            "Allah's choicest people are those whom His fear has driven to absolute silence although they are neither helpless nor dumb. Rather they are possessors of eloquence and have power to speak and sense to understand. But constant glorification of Allah's name has so overpossessed their wits that their hearts are overawed and their lips sealed. When they get established in this stage they hasten towards righteoussness."

Comment

oooooh! masha'Allah, amazing stories, hmm will have to write up mine for you to read some time insha'Allah
                              Please make du'aa for ALL reverts relatives and friends so that they too may be guided, and for all the non practising Muslims to rediscover their faith.
                              In particular, my Mum, Brother, Dad, Brothers GF, My Nieces & Nephews, Dads GF, Sam and Christy AAMEEN!

Comment

LOL I have suffered typing burnout from telling my story LOL...Suffice it to say that Jan 16th, I'll be 3 in Islam.
                                Here's my story here:
                                http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...light=Te%27oma
                                I took the road less traveled...where the heck am I? :scratch:

Comment

Working...
                                X