Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings! I was raised mostly by my grandfather and he is a muslim. Through my teenage years and first year of university I distanced myself from islam and started questioning a lot of things. However, the more I pushed myself from islam the unhappier I was. I am trying to respark my faith but I lack character to follow everything that islam recommends. I am sincere and I do believe in Allah but I don't know where to start reconnecting with him. I have sinned a lot and I feel ashamed because of the things I did when I started doubting Allah. I am here to listen to your advices and possible guidance because I feel lost. English is not my native language so I apologize for not being able to express my thoughts more clearly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Anonymous1995 View Post
      Greetings! I was raised mostly by my grandfather and he is a muslim. Through my teenage years and first year of university I distanced myself from islam and started questioning a lot of things. However, the more I pushed myself from islam the unhappier I was. I am trying to respark my faith but I lack character to follow everything that islam recommends. I am sincere and I do believe in Allah but I don't know where to start reconnecting with him. I have sinned a lot and I feel ashamed because of the things I did when I started doubting Allah. I am here to listen to your advices and possible guidance because I feel lost. English is not my native language so I apologize for not being able to express my thoughts more clearly.
      Assalamu alaykum warahmatullah,

It's good to hear that you want to get closer to Allah. Guidance is one the greatest blessing we can get from Allah.

Start with praying 5 times a day. Try as hard as you can to pray with focus on what you're saying and who you're talking to. Learn the translation of what you're reciting in salah and be conscious that Allah is watching.

"Recite, [O Muhammad], what has been revealed to you of the Book and establish prayer. Indeed, prayer prohibits immorality and wrongdoing, and the remembrance of Allah is greater. And Allah knows that which you do." (Quran 29:45)

Insha'Allah, by doing this, your heart will become distanced from sins and obeying Allah will become easier for you.

Start learning about Islam and what Allah has prohibited and enjoined upon us so you can put what you learn into practice. As a convert, I learned much of what I know from islamqa.info and different fatawa channels on YouTube like Shaykh Assim al Hakeem's. But Islamqa.info is very helpful as they always include proof from the Quran, sunnah and quotes from scholars who follow the way of the salaf as salih, if not the salaf themselves.

And be sure to have good company. Having righteous friends will help guide you to what is right, by the will of Allah. Having friends who constantly commit sins will desensitize you towards their acts and you won't see what is pure evil to be pure evil.

The Prophet Muhammad salallahu alayhi wasallam said: “A good friend and a bad friend are like a perfume-seller and a blacksmith: The perfume-seller might give you some perfume as a gift, or you might buy some from him, or at least you might smell its fragrance. As for the blacksmith, he might singe your clothes, and at the very least you will breathe in the fumes of the furnace.” (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 3, Hadith 314)

Make a lot of dua for Allah to grant you righteous friends who will aid you in your deen.

Read a portion of the translated version of the Quran routinely. This helps a lot. I think doing that changed me a lot when I was very, very new to Islam.
      Last edited by .khayriyyah.; 11-11-19, 05:36 AM.
      Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become humbly submissive at the remembrance of Allah and what has come down of the truth? And let them not be like those who were given the Scripture before, and a long period passed over them, so their hearts hardened; and many of them are defiantly disobedient. (57:16)

Comment

• Assalamu 'Aalaikum...
        Hope you are fine On The Grace Of ALLAH SWT

ALLAH SWT Is 'Gafuur'...if someone does sins even to the extent that it's layers start from the seventh land(lowest) and touches The 'Arsh' crossing the seventh sky(topmost)... a single drop of tear for forgiveness from ALLAH SWT... would erase everything as if he never did it...

i'm not eligible to advice anyone... you got the advice already from the prev. post...
        what i wanna tell is that 'correct your Salaat'...
        To develop 'taqwa' Remember(dhikr) ALLAH everytime... ask forgiveness (Istighfar) always
        N.B. reciting 20 times 'Astagfar....' after every fardh salaat is equivalent to doing that a double of 100 times five times a day (well it's mentioned in A Tafseer of Qur'an)...
        contd...

whatever Good and Correct is from ALLAH SWT and whatever is wrong from this ineligible and unqualified servant...
        ​​​​

Comment

• Assalamu Walaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu.
          I’m going to keep this story brief because it comes with a lot of pain.

Ive been Muslim for 2 years, it wasn’t hard taking my Shahadda, once it was presented to me I took it. I’m very big on self conviction. This is a strength and it’s a weakness. I lived the parable in Surah Al Baqarah versus 17 - 20, in fact I lived through the first 20 versus of Surah Al Baqarah. I’m glad to be living within the first 5 versus now, Alhamdullilah.
          I was raised as Kufar, with that being said my heart was closed and I was rude, I grew egotistically. Growing up in poverty as Kufar you do things of wrong thinking that they are good. I found the old book(The Bible) and Allah SWT increased me in knowledge, I learned about the phonecian alphabet, paleo Hebrew, etymologies, etc etc. I studied relentlessly and things were good for like 3 years. Then Islam came and destroyed that life; it was criticizing it and it prevailed over my understanding with simple concepts but I not only didn’t want to comprehend the truth. It hurt through self conviction. I slipped into Jahiliyah again; lying to myself about the truth because I didn’t want to see it. I grew in my iniquities, hurt a lot people whom I loved and myself. Allahu Akbar! He broke me down to nothing till I just had to submit.
          Subhan Allah I’m here now. Looking for people to grow with because in this part of the Dunya, talking about God is considered to be nagging, preachy, something’s to do with self glorification.
          I want to become an Alim
          I want to show my generation and those after me the undeniable connection between the old book and Islam.
          Although, first I must correct myself. I need good people around me to do so. That’s why I’m here.

Thank You for time in reading this message,
          Assalamu Walaikum,
          Daud AbdulAleem

Comment

• Originally posted by Daud AbdulAleem View Post
            Assalamu Walaikum wa rahmatullahi wa barakatu.
            I’m going to keep this story brief because it comes with a lot of pain.

Ive been Muslim for 2 years, it wasn’t hard taking my Shahadda, once it was presented to me I took it. I’m very big on self conviction. This is a strength and it’s a weakness. I lived the parable in Surah Al Baqarah versus 17 - 20, in fact I lived through the first 20 versus of Surah Al Baqarah. I’m glad to be living within the first 5 versus now, Alhamdullilah.
            I was raised as Kufar, with that being said my heart was closed and I was rude, I grew egotistically. Growing up in poverty as Kufar you do things of wrong thinking that they are good. I found the old book(The Bible) and Allah SWT increased me in knowledge, I learned about the phonecian alphabet, paleo Hebrew, etymologies, etc etc. I studied relentlessly and things were good for like 3 years. Then Islam came and destroyed that life; it was criticizing it and it prevailed over my understanding with simple concepts but I not only didn’t want to comprehend the truth. It hurt through self conviction. I slipped into Jahiliyah again; lying to myself about the truth because I didn’t want to see it. I grew in my iniquities, hurt a lot people whom I loved and myself. Allahu Akbar! He broke me down to nothing till I just had to submit.
            Subhan Allah I’m here now. Looking for people to grow with because in this part of the Dunya, talking about God is considered to be nagging, preachy, something’s to do with self glorification.
            I want to become an Alim
            I want to show my generation and those after me the undeniable connection between the old book and Islam.
            Although, first I must correct myself. I need good people around me to do so. That’s why I’m here.

Thank You for time in reading this message,
            Assalamu Walaikum,
            Daud AbdulAleem
            Fantastic post ma sha Allah, I ask Allah to make you a pioneering scholar in Islam who is consistently firm upon the straight path, ameen. I ask Allah to purify, blessedly bolster and reward all ur efforts, and to forgive you completely, ameen.

This is what the forum needs, people who want to learn and have knowledge of other fields, like Christian theology and secular philosophy, too.
            Abu Malik at-Ash'ari reported:

The Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: Cleanliness is half of faith

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and charity is proof (of one's faith)

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

Reference : Sahih Muslim 223
            In-book reference : Book 2, Hadith 1
            USC-MSA web (English) reference : Book 2, Hadith 432
            (deprecated numbering scheme)

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

• Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post

Fantastic post ma sha Allah, I ask Allah to make you a pioneering scholar in Islam who is consistently firm upon the straight path, ameen. I ask Allah to purify, blessedly bolster and reward all ur efforts, and to forgive you completely, ameen.

This is what the forum needs, people who want to learn and have knowledge of other fields, like Christian theology and secular philosophy, too.
              Jazak Allah my sister,

Shukran, In Islam our duties are to help people but we can’t help without knowledge. From what I understand this deen requires spirits of warriors dedicated to knowledge. From Kufar to Mutnimin the only thing that changed was knowledge.

To my understanding, common Muslims can’t give direction. Please no one misinterpret what I say; fatwa can be only given by Alims or presented information from Alims, Hadith, Quran etc.
              Informations fly loosely from our lips and it can lead many in the wrong way. Although I’ve seen Hadith were you shouldn’t withhold what you know but in turn we can’t talk about which we do not know as if we know. From the way you portrayed the idea that this forum needs someone like me, gives me the impression that many talk about things other than edification through knowledge. I have yet to really look through the forum to say so myself.

Although, Im here for direction. I’m looking for educated persons, Ulima, shaykhs, ustadhs, etc. I’m tired of self learning even though If that’s all we have it must suffice.

Still we must always keep Islam in our lips to keep the dawah continuous and fresh within our minds, hearts, and actions.

If you my sister know of any learned ones, please direct me. Anyone else seeing this post please direct me. Islam is religion based on knoweldge. May we all share and grow as one umma. Shukran for the nice words, although, all attributes within man of good reside within the Prophet SAW. Allah SWT left him SAW for us to mirror his ways. So we must absorb the knowledge given to the learned ones.

Iron Sharpens Iron,
              Daud AbdulAleem

Comment

Jazak Allah my sister,

Shukran, In Islam our duties are to help people but we can’t help without knowledge. From what I understand this deen requires spirits of warriors dedicated to knowledge. From Kufar to Mutnimin the only thing that changed was knowledge.

To my understanding, common Muslims can’t give direction. Please no one misinterpret what I say; fatwa can be only given by Alims or presented information from Alims, Hadith, Quran etc.
                Informations fly loosely from our lips and it can lead many in the wrong way. Although I’ve seen Hadith were you shouldn’t withhold what you know but in turn we can’t talk about which we do not know as if we know. From the way you portrayed the idea that this forum needs someone like me, gives me the impression that many talk about things other than edification through knowledge. I have yet to really look through the forum to say so myself.

Although, Im here for direction. I’m looking for educated persons, Ulima, shaykhs, ustadhs, etc. I’m tired of self learning even though If that’s all we have it must suffice.

Still we must always keep Islam in our lips to keep the dawah continuous and fresh within our minds, hearts, and actions.

If you my sister know of any learned ones, please direct me. Anyone else seeing this post please direct me. Islam is religion based on knoweldge. May we all share and grow as one umma. Shukran for the nice words, although, all attributes within man of good reside within the Prophet SAW. Allah SWT left him SAW for us to mirror his ways. So we must absorb the knowledge given to the learned ones.

Iron Sharpens Iron,
                Daud AbdulAleem
                Ok akhi there is the forums scholar, but tbh Idk where to direct u since the knowledge section of this forum mainly focuses on reminders and qur'an audios.

here is the scholar, send him a message: Abu Mus'ab
                Last edited by LailaTheMuslim; 21-12-19, 08:27 PM.

and al-Hamdu Lillah (all praise and gratitude is for Allah alone) fills the scale, and Subhan Allah (Glory be to Allah)

and al-Hamdu Lillah fill up what is between the heavens and the earth, and prayer is a light,

and endurance is a brightness and the Holy Qur'an is a proof on your behalf or against you.

All men go out early in the morning and sell themselves, thereby setting themselves free or destroying themselves.

حَدَّثَنَا إِسْحَاقُ بْنُ مَنْصُورٍ، حَدَّثَنَا حَبَّانُ بْنُ هِلاَلٍ، حَدَّثَنَا أَبَانٌ، حَدَّثَنَا يَحْيَى، أَنَّ زَيْدًا، حَدَّثَهُ أَنَّ أَبَا سَلاَّمٍ حَدَّثَهُ عَنْ أَبِي مَالِكٍ الأَشْعَرِيِّ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ الطُّهُورُ شَطْرُ الإِيمَانِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلأُ الْمِيزَانَ ‏.‏ وَسُبْحَانَ اللَّهِ وَالْحَمْدُ لِلَّهِ تَمْلآنِ - أَوْ تَمْلأُ - مَا بَيْنَ السَّمَوَاتِ وَالأَرْضِ وَالصَّلاَةُ نُورٌ وَالصَّدَقَةُ بُرْهَانٌ وَالصَّبْرُ ضِيَاءٌ وَالْقُرْآنُ حُجَّةٌ لَكَ أَوْ عَلَيْكَ كُلُّ النَّاسِ يَغْدُو فَبَائِعٌ نَفْسَهُ فَمُعْتِقُهَا أَوْ مُوبِقُهَا ‏"‏ ‏.‏

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Comment

• Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post

Ok akhi there is the forums scholar, but tbh Idk where to direct u since the knowledge section of this forum mainly focuses on reminders and qur'an audios.

here is the scholar, send him a message: Abu Mus'ab
                  My sister,
                  That link looks broken, do I add an a to mus’ab?

Comment

My sister,
                    That link looks broken, do I add an a to mus’ab?
                    Is it working now?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X