Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tell us your story :)

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Re: Tell us your story :)

    Originally posted by BrotherFred View Post
    I said my Shahada about a month ago, I come from a small family in the Midwest, one that was educated, but lacking in religion. I always found myself interested in all of the faiths in the world as a child, from Christianity to Buddhism, I had a desire to learn where we came from, what made us do the things we did, what basically made us human beings. I of course, found no reasonable answer and continued to progress through life with that empty void being filled by other means, not all of which were always constructive, but hating myself for feeling as though I could never understand what it was that would eventually make me whole.

    Eventually I served in the US Army as an infantryman, this was post 9/11, and although I joined for noble reasons, I found that the life of a combat arms trained soldier was restricting to dissident thought. The military is based in the ideology that they do the thinking for you, a common saying was "If you needed a wife, you would have been issued one by Uncle Sam.", this did not work for me, in the pain of the aftermath of 9/11, all I heard was how terrible Muslims are, how all terrorists are Muslim, it just did not seem right to me.

    So, after leaving the military I looked into Islam myself. I remembered how many of my heroes were followers, how Muhammad Ali and Malcolm X were remembered as these great men, and how when asked what gave them the strength to be who they were, the answer was always Allah and the teachings of Islam. It never truly sank in to the point where I ever considered becoming part of the faith, yet over the years, as I have gotten older, I found that the same void that was there in my youth had still not been filled. One day I decided that enough was enough, and stopped my the Mosque in my city and started asking questions, engaging in dialog with men and women from all over the world. Not about converting, but just about what it was that Islam meant to them, and how it has impacted their lives. I asked for some reading material, and immediately went home to begin my scholarship. It took no more than two days for me to see that many of the things I already believed myself, were major teachings of Islam, after two more days of reading and study I realized that I was not looking to convert to Islam, but that it had always been in my heart. That I had been guided to the Mosque that day for the simple fact that Allah knew I was ready, and I knew as well what I had always known, and hidden from myself all along, that Islam was the one true faith, and that Allah was the one true god.

    I look forward to many conversations with my brothers and sisters here in this forum, and I hope that you can all find a way to help guide me further on this journey, as I have many more questions and also am beginning my studies in learning the Arabic language.

    Be well, and may Allah continue your many blessings.
    Welcome to Islam brother you may check this website to learn more about Islam

    www.Islamreligion.com
    Ibn Al Qayyim may Allah have mercy on him said: ("
    The heart on its journey towards Allah the Exalted is like that of a bird. Love is its head, and fear and hope are its two wings. When the head is healthy, then the two wings will fly well. When the head is cut off, the bird will die. When either of two wings is damaged, the bird becomes vulnerable to every hunter and predator..”
    )

    Comment


      Re: Tell us your story :)

      Originally posted by TheKnownUniverse View Post
      Reverted to Islam two years ago but my faith has been weak. I threw away the Holy Quran in a moment of doubt and unsure of what to do.

      I will accept whatever punishment befalls me. I need advice- thanks
      As long as you repent. its ok. Pray for forgiveness, pray 2 rakaat of tauba and believe that Allah forgave you. There is a powerful dua you can say. La illaha illa inta subhanaka ini kuntu min althalimeen. لا إلهَ إلا أنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنْتُ مِنَ الظّالِمِيْنَ . There are none worthy of worship besides You. Glorified are You. Surely I am from the wrongdoers.

      Never beat yourself up. Allah loves those who come back to him in repentance.

      إِلَّا مَن تَابَ وَآمَنَ وَعَمِلَ عَمَلًا صَالِحًا فَأُولَٰئِكَ يُبَدِّلُ اللَّهُ سَيِّئَاتِهِمْ حَسَنَاتٍ ۗ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ غَفُورًا رَّحِيمًا - 25:70

      Except for those who repent, believe and do righteous work. For them Allah will replace their evil deeds with good. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful.
      Last edited by Smkt; 19-11-17, 10:36 AM.

      Comment


        Re: Tell us your story :)

        Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post
        Did you repent from throwing it away?
        Hello friend- thank you for responding.

        I meant to say, is repentance even possible with a sin such as this? I have a hard time coping with this

        Comment


          Re: Tell us your story :)

          Originally posted by Tayoofa View Post
          Can you tell us what are these doubts so that we may help you inshallah ?
          Hello friend

          Most of my doubt stems from the story of Jesus- his death seems to be independently verified from many historical sources, but the Holy Quran says this didn’t happen- I need to know more about this.

          I also love my parents a lot and they are christian, so that makes things difficult at times

          Originally posted by Smkt View Post
          As long as you repent. its ok. Pray for forgiveness, pray 2 rakaat of tauba and believe that Allah forgave you. There is a powerful dua you can say. La illaha illa inta subhanaka ini kuntu min althalimeen. لا إلهَ إلا أنتَ سُبْحَانَكَ إِنِّي كُنْتُ مِنَ الظّالِمِيْنَ . There are none worthy of worship besides You. Glorified are You. Surely I am from the wrongdoers.

          Never beat yourself up. Allah loves those who come back to him in repentance.

          إِلَّا مَن تَابَ وَآمَنَ وَعَمِلَ عَمَلًا صَالِحًا فَأُولَٰئِكَ يُبَدِّلُ اللَّهُ سَيِّئَاتِهِمْ حَسَنَاتٍ ۗ وَكَانَ اللَّهُ غَفُورًا رَّحِيمًا - 25:70

          Except for those who repent, believe and do righteous work. For them Allah will replace their evil deeds with good. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful.
          Hello friend

          Thank you- this is very helpful. I had read about this dua some time ago.

          It’s really hard for me to believe Allah forgives at times- thank you, this is very beneficial

          Comment


            Re: Tell us your story :)

            Originally posted by TheKnownUniverse View Post
            Hello friend

            Most of my doubt stems from the story of Jesus- his death seems to be independently verified from many historical sources, but the Holy Quran says this didn’t happen- I need to know more about this.

            I also love my parents a lot and they are christian, so that makes things difficult at times



            Hello friend

            Thank you- this is very helpful. I had read about this dua some time ago.

            It’s really hard for me to believe Allah forgives at times- thank you, this is very beneficial
            “And because of their saying (in boast), ‘We killed Messiah ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allaah,’ — but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but it appeared so to them the resemblance of ‘Eesa (Jesus) was put over another man (and they killed that man)], and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not [i.e. ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)]”

            [al-Nisa’ 4:157]

            Allah is so merciful. Its hard for me too to believe that He forgives me but it's part of our religion to believe that He is MUCH more merciful than us. You can also pray 2 rakaat with the intention of seeking forgiveness and He will wipe away your sins.

            Comment


              Re: Tell us your story :)

              Originally posted by TheKnownUniverse View Post
              Hello friend

              Most of my doubt stems from the story of Jesus- his death seems to be independently verified from many historical sources, but the Holy Quran says this didn’t happen- I need to know more about this.

              I also love my parents a lot and they are christian, so that makes things difficult at times



              Hello friend

              Thank you- this is very helpful. I had read about this dua some time ago.

              It’s really hard for me to believe Allah forgives at times- thank you, this is very beneficial
              1) History is not a set of facts, historians merely report the sayings and stories of the people whether they are true or not. The Quran does not deny that some people(The Jews in particular) thought that they killed the son of Maryam(peace be upon them), so it is no surprise to Muslims if some historians reported their claims.

              2) When it comes to the son of Maryam(peace be upon them), focus on the bigger picture. It is crazy to believe that a human being is God, this goes against rationality and your natural state.

              A) You would never believe the claim of a living human being to be God, so how is the son of Maryam any different?

              3) Furthermore, the authors of the Gospels are anonymous and even in those books, the son of Maryam(peace be upon him) never claims to be God but only a messenger of God:

              A) By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but Him who sent me. (John 5:30).

              4) Finally, Allah forgives all sins before the state of death, and may Allah guide your parents.

              A) But repentance is not [accepted] of those who [continue to] do evil deeds up until, when death comes to one of them, he says, "Indeed, I have repented now," or of those who die while they are disbelievers. For them We have prepared a painful punishment. (Surah 4:18).

              B) Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful." And return [in repentance] to your Lord and submit to Him before the punishment comes upon you; then you will not be helped. (Surah 39:53-54).

              C) And We have enjoined upon man [care] for his parents. His mother carried him, [increasing her] in weakness upon weakness, and his weaning is in two years. Be grateful to Me and to your parents; to Me is the [final] destination.But if they endeavor to make you associate with Me that of which you have no knowledge, do not obey them but accompany them in [this] world with appropriate kindness and follow the way of those who turn back to Me [in repentance]. Then to Me will be your return, and I will inform you about what you used to do.(Surah 31:14-15).
              Last edited by OneLifeResults; 19-11-17, 05:31 PM.

              Comment


                Re: Tell us your story :)

                Originally posted by TheKnownUniverse View Post
                Hello friend

                Most of my doubt stems from the story of Jesus- his death seems to be independently verified from many historical sources, but the Holy Quran says this didn’t happen- I need to know more about this.

                I also love my parents a lot and they are christian, so that makes things difficult at times



                Hello friend

                Thank you- this is very helpful. I had read about this dua some time ago.

                It’s really hard for me to believe Allah forgives at times- thank you, this is very beneficial
                Salaam brother

                I know how it's hard for you to be a Muslim when you live in a non Muslim environment ..

                About your question these articles will help you inshallah


                Early Christians Rejected Jesus’s Suffering On The Cross

                https://discover-the-truth.com/2017/...-on-the-cross/


                The Crucifixion Of Jesus In Light Of Science


                https://discover-the-truth.com/2016/...ht-of-science/


                Crucifixion or Crucifiction: What Did 1st Century Christians Believe?

                https://discover-the-truth.com/2016/...tians-believe/


                Debate Review: “What Was The True Faith of Jesus’ Disciples?” – Br. Ijaz Ahmad vs Rev. Steven Martins


                https://discover-the-truth.com/2015/...teven-martins/


                Ten reasons why Jesus is not God

                https://discover-the-truth.com/2013/...-is-not-god-3/

                Jesus (pbuh): Nothing Divine about Him

                https://discover-the-truth.com/2014/...ine-about-him/


                Tawhid – Ar – Rububiya in the Gospel

                https://discover-the-truth.com/2014/...in-the-gospel/

                Ibn Al Qayyim may Allah have mercy on him said: ("
                The heart on its journey towards Allah the Exalted is like that of a bird. Love is its head, and fear and hope are its two wings. When the head is healthy, then the two wings will fly well. When the head is cut off, the bird will die. When either of two wings is damaged, the bird becomes vulnerable to every hunter and predator..”
                )

                Comment


                  Re: Tell us your story :)

                  Originally posted by Smkt View Post
                  “And because of their saying (in boast), ‘We killed Messiah ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allaah,’ — but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but it appeared so to them the resemblance of ‘Eesa (Jesus) was put over another man (and they killed that man)], and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not [i.e. ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)]”

                  [al-Nisa’ 4:157]

                  Allah is so merciful. Its hard for me too to believe that He forgives me but it's part of our religion to believe that He is MUCH more merciful than us. You can also pray 2 rakaat with the intention of seeking forgiveness and He will wipe away your sins.
                  OK, but how do you respond to other historians like Josephus and other independent historians

                  100% agree though- actually when I first prayed to Allah it brought me immense peace. I just don’t want a
                  historical discrepancy in my mind.

                  Thank you brother!

                  Originally posted by OneLifeResults View Post
                  1) History is not a set of facts, historians merely report the sayings and stories of the people whether they are true or not. The Quran does not deny that some people(The Jews in particular) thought that they killed the son of Maryam(peace be upon them), so it is no surprise to Muslims if some historians reported their claims.

                  2) When it comes to the son of Maryam(peace be upon them), focus on the bigger picture. It is crazy to believe that a human being is God, this goes against rationality and your natural state.

                  A) You would never believe the claim of a living human being to be God, so how is the son of Maryam any different?

                  3) Furthermore, the authors of the Gospels are anonymous and even in those books, the son of Maryam(peace be upon him) never claims to be God but only a messenger of God:

                  A) By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but Him who sent me. (John 5:30).

                  4) Finally, Allah forgives all sins before the state of death, and may Allah guide your parents.

                  A) But repentance is not [accepted] of those who [continue to] do evil deeds up until, when death comes to one of them, he says, "Indeed, I have repented now," or of those who die while they are disbelievers. For them We have prepared a painful punishment. (Surah 4:18).

                  B) Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful." And return [in repentance] to your Lord and submit to Him before the punishment comes upon you; then you will not be helped. (Surah 39:53-54).

                  C) And We have enjoined upon man [care] for his parents. His mother carried him, [increasing her] in weakness upon weakness, and his weaning is in two years. Be grateful to Me and to your parents; to Me is the [final] destination.But if they endeavor to make you associate with Me that of which you have no knowledge, do not obey them but accompany them in [this] world with appropriate kindness and follow the way of those who turn back to Me [in repentance]. Then to Me will be your return, and I will inform you about what you used to do.(Surah 31:14-15).
                  I love those suras- this really helps me, thank you brother


                  Originally posted by Tayoofa View Post
                  Salaam brother

                  I know how it's hard for you to be a Muslim when you live in a non Muslim environment ..

                  About your question these articles will help you inshallah


                  Early Christians Rejected Jesus’s Suffering On The Cross

                  https://discover-the-truth.com/2017/...-on-the-cross/


                  The Crucifixion Of Jesus In Light Of Science


                  https://discover-the-truth.com/2016/...ht-of-science/


                  Crucifixion or Crucifiction: What Did 1st Century Christians Believe?

                  https://discover-the-truth.com/2016/...tians-believe/


                  Debate Review: “What Was The True Faith of Jesus’ Disciples?” – Br. Ijaz Ahmad vs Rev. Steven Martins


                  https://discover-the-truth.com/2015/...teven-martins/


                  Ten reasons why Jesus is not God

                  https://discover-the-truth.com/2013/...-is-not-god-3/

                  Jesus (pbuh): Nothing Divine about Him

                  https://discover-the-truth.com/2014/...ine-about-him/


                  Tawhid – Ar – Rububiya in the Gospel

                  https://discover-the-truth.com/2014/...in-the-gospel/

                  Asalumu alaiakum

                  This is very helpful in discovering what really happened.

                  I just hope I honor God and it’s on my mind every day

                  Comment


                    Re: Tell us your story :)

                    Originally posted by Smkt View Post
                    “And because of their saying (in boast), ‘We killed Messiah ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary), the Messenger of Allaah,’ — but they killed him not, nor crucified him, but it appeared so to them the resemblance of ‘Eesa (Jesus) was put over another man (and they killed that man)], and those who differ therein are full of doubts. They have no (certain) knowledge, they follow nothing but conjecture. For surely; they killed him not [i.e. ‘Eesa (Jesus), son of Maryam (Mary)]”

                    [al-Nisa’ 4:157]

                    Allah is so merciful. Its hard for me too to believe that He forgives me but it's part of our religion to believe that He is MUCH more merciful than us. You can also pray 2 rakaat with the intention of seeking forgiveness and He will wipe away your sins.
                    I just wanted to add:

                    I hope so- many times I’ve wondered how could man also be god? But when I pray to God (Allah) I find immense peace.

                    Comment


                      Re: Tell us your story :)

                      Originally posted by TheKnownUniverse View Post
                      Hello friend- thank you for responding.

                      I meant to say, is repentance even possible with a sin such as this? I have a hard time coping with this
                      Yes, it's possible.

                      Comment


                        Re: Tell us your story :)

                        Originally posted by Melvzy View Post
                        Hello, I converted to Islam last Oct, 2015, I'm still new to this...My Parents still don't know my conversion yet, but I want to tell someone my story.

                        I'm fifteen as I posted this. I was born a Roman Catholic, in a really religious family who hate Islam and family who just lets Muslims do what they do, So for many Year I believe in Jesus (pbuh) believing he is the God the Son, I moved here to the Philippines, I became an atheist for I saw no point in Religion, so I dropped my Christianity (Catholicism) and mainly avoided church, I moved to Cebu (Also in the Philippines) and I felt a great depression, And then I came upon Satanism, (Yes, I was a Catholic, an Atheist than a Satanist), Our motto was Do not worship the God of the Qu'ran and the Bible, So for a year I avoided all Christian and Islamic scripture, we learned that Satan was a God and Aliens existed and I practiced somewhat their rituals and Bisexuality things. One night a High priest told me "to become full pledged satanist, sell your soul", and so I did what he told me too, There was a black out, I had a candle, a paper and pen and a needle, What was really strange out of the corner of my eye I kept seeing this light being, that scarred me a ton, on this night in particular I kept seeing this light in corner of my eye, I wrote a letter that would make me a Satanists, but I hesitated and after maybe 10 min. of thinking, I through the candle away, and rinse the paper until it went into the drain, I became a Christian (again), but I was more orthodox, I felt empty in my prayers and reading the Bible, I prayed too Jesus too much and the Father, and Mary even I kept feeling empty. So one Night I prayed to the Father to show me the right path, and the next day, the first thing that came into mine was Qu'ran and Read the Bible, So I read, for months I excepted Allah and Mohammad but still revered as Jesus as my God, but multiple verses in Bible got me confused such as in Matthew, Luke, and John, such questions as: Jesus said all the laws will be kept until the Great day which is found in Matthew, which refers to the old testament, Jesus even said not to eat things unclean and yet Christians eat pork, Jesus said continuously Praise the God in Heaven who created the heaven and earth, not statues, Idols, anything on earth, the sky and seas which he referenced to his apostles from the Old testament and Luke, that made me think, why do "we" Christians worship Jesus on the Cross, pray to Saints, to Mary, and the Pope to prayers, why do we think that praying to Angels and these things, why do we think they relay our messages to God, if we wanted something from God we just ask him, not to Saints and Angels, no need to touch a statue than do the sign of the Cross. Than next was Mary, why do we worship her? The Bible does not say to worship Her, it does not say she ascended into heaven, no rosary exists, Than next was Why worship Jesus when Jesus never said to worship him? The bible is a compilations of sayings of people who were not there, but only some were written down. Why would we need to sacrifice one man for sins, if that's true that means we are free to go, and sin whatever we like..Why would God kill is so called "son?" If I was a father I would not tell my son to kill himself to be forgiven, for their will be no point. The bible does not speak of Purgatory, that was a concept made by the fictional tale by Dante. I kept reading than I download a Quran into my Phone, took me a long time to do that. I was confused I kept reading and comparing for the Qu'ran says to compare so I did, some were the same and some were different, then I went into Surah Maryam that said that Jesus is just a Prophet of God not God, Ezra is not the Son, and Mary is not to be worshiped (I skipped surahs because I was curious), Than it made sense to me, God would show weakness if he had a son, if he had a son, that means that son would take his place, God is not a man, he does need a Son, than why would Mary be the Mother of God? Mary would be the Mother of God, than God would have a father, but Is The Gather and Son are one, that means she is the mother of Both so who's the father? So I started to accept Muhammd and started prostrating in my prayers and after 6 months I converted, before I did, I told my mother I read the Quran, She was shocked...This is my Story

                        I do know that Islam is the Religion of God, the True Religion, when I was a Satanist I learned that Christianity is Strong but corrupted over time, but powerful enough to Dispel demons, I learned the Islam is perfect and stronger than Christianity. As an Atheist and Christian I learnt how it feels to be empty. as Soon as I entered Islam, I felt complete.
                        Subhan Allah- personal conversion stories like this really motivate me

                        Comment


                          Re: Tell us your story :)

                          Originally posted by TheKnownUniverse View Post
                          Hello friend- thank you for responding.

                          I meant to say, is repentance even possible with a sin such as this? I have a hard time coping with this
                          Yes it's possible of course as long as you are still alive ....

                          the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said: “Allah will accept the repentance of His slave so long as the death rattle has not yet reached his throat.”

                          classified as hasan by al-Albaani in Sahih al-Tirmidhi, 2802.


                          Allah SWT said :

                          (" Say, "O My servants who have transgressed against themselves [by sinning], do not despair of the mercy of Allah . Indeed, Allah forgives all sins. Indeed, it is He who is the Forgiving, the Merciful."(53)") Quran 39:53



                          ("And when those come to you who believe in Our verses, say, "Peace be upon you. Your Lord has decreed upon Himself mercy: that any of you who does wrong out of ignorance and then repents after that and corrects himself - indeed, He is Forgiving and Merciful."(54))Quran 6:54


                          ("And it is He who accepts repentance from his servants and pardons misdeeds, and He knows what you do.(25)")Quran 42:25



                          ("And those who, when they commit an immorality or wrong themselves [by transgression], remember Allah and seek forgiveness for their sins - and who can forgive sins except Allah ? - and [who] do not persist in what they have done while they know.(135)Those - their reward is forgiveness from their Lord and gardens beneath which rivers flow [in Paradise], wherein they will abide eternally; and excellent is the reward of the [righteous] workers.(136)")Quran 3:135-136



                          Anas Bin Malik narrated:

                          I heard the Messenger of Allah (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) said :

                          ( “Allah the Almighty has said: ‘O Son of Adam, as long as you invoke Me and ask of Me, I shall forgive you for what you have done, and I shall not mind. O Son of Adam, were your sins to reach the clouds of the sky and you then asked forgiveness from Me, I would forgive you. O Son of Adam, were you to come to Me with sins nearly as great as the Earth, and were you then to face Me, not associating anything with Me, I would bring you forgiveness nearly as great as it too”.) {Hadith Qudsi}

                          Jami` at-Tirmidhi 3540 Grade : Hasan


                          Anas b. Malik reported that Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) said:
                          Allah is more pleased with the repentance of a servant as he turns towards Him for repentance than this that one amongst you is upon the camel in a waterless desert and there is upon (that camel) his provision of food and drink also and it is lost by him, and he having lost all hope (to get tbat) lies down in the shadow and is disappointed about his camel and there he finds that camel standing before him. He takes hold of his reins and then out of boundless joy says: 'O Allah, You are my slave and I am Your Lord' He commits this mistake out of extreme delight.

                          Sahih Muslim 2747 a
                          Ibn Al Qayyim may Allah have mercy on him said: ("
                          The heart on its journey towards Allah the Exalted is like that of a bird. Love is its head, and fear and hope are its two wings. When the head is healthy, then the two wings will fly well. When the head is cut off, the bird will die. When either of two wings is damaged, the bird becomes vulnerable to every hunter and predator..”
                          )

                          Comment


                            Re: Tell us your story :)

                            Originally posted by TheKnownUniverse View Post
                            OK, but how do you respond to other historians like Josephus and other independent historians

                            100% agree though- actually when I first prayed to Allah it brought me immense peace. I just don’t want a
                            historical discrepancy in my mind.

                            Thank you brother!



                            I love those suras- this really helps me, thank you brother




                            Asalumu alaiakum

                            This is very helpful in discovering what really happened.

                            I just hope I honor God and it’s on my mind every day
                            1) Please also see my answer in this thread:

                            A) http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...Which-is-worse
                            Last edited by OneLifeResults; 02-12-17, 06:24 PM.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X