Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: quran memorization

Originally posted by hadmatter View Post
    [MENTION=134006]Cptn._.Mario[/MENTION] I think it'll be better if we start it sooner rather than after Ramadan. What do you guys think [MENTION=110507]aynina[/MENTION] [MENTION=43833]Kya[/MENTION] [MENTION=123920]-qed-[/MENTION] [MENTION=13852]skylark[/MENTION] [MENTION=117266]~Ukhti~[/MENTION] [MENTION=144057]Somali_sister88[/MENTION] next week?
    Well since were on surat al mulk rn its not gna be easy for me to do 2 at the time
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
      Well since were on surat al mulk rn its not gna be easy for me to do 2 at the time
      OK I'll just start it anyway, you guys can join later when you are done.

the first one will be surat Abasa and we have 72 hours to finish it
      Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

Comment

it's better you go in order rather than a different surah every time
        شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
        فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
        وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
        ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

Comment

I agree with the above. [MENTION=111562]hadmatter[/MENTION] you need to work out roughly how much each person already knows. Ideally everyone would be at a similar base of memorisation. Most people who have grown up Muslim generally know up until at least surah duha. Surah Al layl is generally where people start with memorisation until they have completed juz amma. The other route is to learn Surah Yasin, Mulk, waqiah, kahf and then complete juz amma.

There is blessing in consistency and regularity. So rather than having a time frame for the entire surah, maybe set a certain amount of ayahs to memorise each day? As you learn more you should also set revision for past surahs learnt so they remain in your memory.
          Ya Rab! When you give me wealth, do not take away my happiness. When you give me strength, do not take away my intelligence. When you give me victory, do not take away my humility. When you give me humility, do not take away my dignity.

Comment

I appreciate the suggestions but this works for me, and makes it easier for me than going in any order so who ever doesn't want to do it this way is simply free not to join if its not their cup of tea

plus I don't know about others but I can't go in order because I don't know where to start:/ I already finished the last 7 juz and parts of baqarah, imran and nisaa I couldn't draw a line on where I know and where I stop knowing
            Last edited by hadmatter; 02-06-17, 09:22 PM.
            Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

Comment

So was no one taking part? Just me then?????

Comment

what gives? Why are all the people who wanted to join in suddenly absent when it comes down to it? Why am I the first and last one standing

Comment

Working...
                X