Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone want to have a diff kind of quran club?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone want to have a diff kind of quran club?

I saw all the arguments in that other thread and it gave me an idea.

How about instead of a club where everyone does a khatam, we have one wear everyone takes a juz to read (and more than one person can read the same juz) and once the alloted time period is over (im thinking 1 or 2 days) each person moves down the line to the next juz until they've completed the entire quran.

I dont want to make the deadline so close that people feel rushed, but not so far that they are slacking, since technically we should be finishing the quran every 30/40 days I believe. But since most people don't read the quran that often, even a 3 day deadline would be good, no?
    Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

Re: Does anyone want to have a diff kind of quran club?

---is anyone interested or, no? this will be really good for those who frequent the forum and who feel they should read the quran more often
    Allah sent down his tranquillity upon him and supported him with angels you did not see and made the word of those who disbelieved the lowest, while the word of Allah - that is the highest. And Allah is Exalted in Might and Wise.

Comment

So each person reads the whole Qur'an individually, and we do 1 juz every three days?

This sounds good, I'll participate.
      Narrated Anas:
      The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." [Bukhari]

Comment

Originally posted by ms.muslimah View Post
        So each person reads the whole Qur'an individually, and we do 1 juz every three days?

+1

count me in
        The Prophet (saw) advised to: “Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death
        https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgE...kS-Qi3nf3tcvPw

Comment

Originally posted by ms.muslimah View Post

would you be interested in organizing it? I feel u d be a good fit for the job. I dont have a computer anymore so doing tables and stuff would be a hassle

Comment

me in too
            "O you who are patient! Bear a little, just a little more remains

Enter your emotion and it gives you a dua!

Comment

Originally posted by hadmatter View Post
              would you be interested in organizing it? I feel u d be a good fit for the job. I dont have a computer anymore so doing tables and stuff would be a hassle
              I don't think I could sis. I'm no good with this kind of stuff.
              Narrated Anas:
              The Prophet (ﷺ) said, "None of you will have faith till he wishes for his (Muslim) brother what he likes for himself." [Bukhari]

Comment

[MENTION=58028].mirror.[/MENTION] plus we can do more reading ... why dont u make it
                Last edited by Ibn Taleb; 23-04-16, 07:49 PM.
                The Prophet (saw) advised to: “Take benefit of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your sickness, your wealth before your poverty, your free time before you are preoccupied, and your life before your death

Comment

Originally posted by hadmatter View Post
                  I saw all the arguments in that other thread and it gave me an idea.

How about instead of a club where everyone does a khatam, we have one wear everyone takes a juz to read (and more than one person can read the same juz) and once the alloted time period is over (im thinking 1 or 2 days) each person moves down the line to the next juz until they've completed the entire quran.

I dont want to make the deadline so close that people feel rushed, but not so far that they are slacking, since technically we should be finishing the quran every 30/40 days I believe. But since most people don't read the quran that often, even a 3 day deadline would be good, no?
                  Read out loud? Or like just read it and say we're done? Sorry, explain a bit more pleeez

Comment

Originally posted by ssh View Post
                    []Read out loud? Or like just read it and say we're done? Sorry, explain a bit more pleeez[/FONT]
                    You may have to read in front of the brothers on skype
                    [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
                    [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by zantz View Post
                      Ok no worries then

Comment

Originally posted by Ibn Taleb View Post
                        [MENTION=58028].mirror.[/MENTION] plus we can do more reading ... why dont u make it
                        This is not going to work, from my experience. The one we have now, it takes people weeks to read even one Juz, and to expect them to read one in 3 days and report back is asking too much.

Plus, I was going to make a new session on the one we currently have. Probably just gonna focus on that one. Someone else can start this one.
                        Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                        - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by zantz View Post
                          Umm..why?
                          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
                          - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by ssh View Post
                            [Ok no worries then
                            I was juskidding dnt let that stop you from completing quran,, tho I think some deeds may be better kept private - i barely read quran so yh even tho i shud may Allah swt bless yall :wswrwb:
                            [SIZE=3][FONT=Times New Roman][B][U][CENTER]Oh Allah, in your name, I die and live.[/CENTER][/U][/B][/FONT][/SIZE]
                            [CENTER]:):lailah::lailah::lailah::lailah::)[/CENTER]

[B][CENTER]Ya Allah, Grant Me A Heart That Sees[/CENTER][/B]

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                              This is not going to work, from my experience. The one we have now, it takes people weeks to read even one Juz, and to expect them to read one in 3 days and report back is asking too much.

Plus, I was going to make a new session on the one we currently have. Probably just gonna focus on that one. Someone else can start this one.
                              just thinking aloud here

so we would need 30 people who are committed to finish a juza every 3 days in order for us to each complete the quran individually. That would take a total of 90 days... sounds a bit difficult ...

maybe if it were 10 dedicated people doing 3 ajza a week ... we could do that in 70 days...

im down for that insha Allah so we need 9 more people .. we could call it intensive quran club and we would finish in the middle of ramadhan (44 days left)

Comment

Working...
                              X