Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [VERIFIED] ***Ummah Forum Project for Deceased Members [sadaqah jariyah]***

Any advances on names? I must give the answer to the guys by Friday :insha:

I've unstuck the thread as my hypothesis on sticky thread views has proven correct : |

Once we raise the £650 needed for the water well, I'll stick it at the top again whilst we then raise money for the hfidh students :insha:

Even if it's £5-£10 it's something and will help towards our target of £2,090 :insha:
    ⚔ Even in death may you be triumphant ⚔
    U.F Sadaqah Jariyah Project

Comment

Originally posted by Meriadoc View Post
      Any advances on names? I must give the answer to the guys by Friday :insha:

I've unstuck the thread as my hypothesis on sticky thread views has proven correct : |

Once we raise the £650 needed for the water well, I'll stick it at the top again whilst we then raise money for the hfidh students :insha:

Even if it's £5-£10 it's something and will help towards our target of £2,090 :insha:
      What do you mean by names? If it is what I think it is then who better than dedicating it prophet Muhammad (SAW).

Comment

Originally posted by Speck of Dust View Post
        What do you mean by names? If it is what I think it is then who better than dedicating it prophet Muhammad (SAW).
        UWT and other charities have a little plaque beside the well, showing who it's dedicated in memory of/ from which people etc.

Because we're raising for departed ummah members, they're asking what should be put on the little plaque that will :insha: be beside the well. We have 30 characters (including spaces) to work with here.

My hayfever's flared up suddenly and rather badly so I can't think straight atm- apologies in advance if my post doesn't make sense : /

Comment

30 characters? That's so little. You can barely write: "In Memory of Our Beloved" or "For Our Beloved Brothers and Sisters."
          Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
          - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

UWT and other charities have a little plaque beside the well, showing who it's dedicated in memory of/ from which people etc.

Because we're raising for departed ummah members, they're asking what should be put on the little plaque that will :insha: be beside the well. We have 30 characters (including spaces) to work with here.

My hayfever's flared up suddenly and rather badly so I can't think straight atm- apologies in advance if my post doesn't make sense : /
            Jazak'allah khair sister. My mind is totally blank, I'll let you do the thinking.

Comment

For Our Dearest Friends
              - U.F.
              Secure few moments, everyday, to reflect upon the innumerable blessings of Allah and thank Him for bestowing them upon you.

"A person who is blessed with the ability to be grateful, shall never be deprived of barakah and increase in blessings."
              - Rasulullah (صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم)‎

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                30 characters? That's so little. You can barely write: "In Memory of Our Beloved" or "For Our Beloved Brothers and Sisters."
                That's true...

Unless we go for the first option? 'In Memory of Our Beloved' (24 characters)

Or 'In Memory of the Departed Ones' (30 characters exactly) or 'In Memory of our Departed Ones' (30 characters)

Comment

Originally posted by .mirror. View Post
                  For Our Dearest Friends
                  - U.F.
                  Mmmm- I like this one better than the ones I suggested.

Short and sweet, gets the message across and it's under 30 characters.

:jkk:

do others agree? as this is a group project, all input is valued!

Comment

Would this include those of us who will be leaving too?

لا تفكر كثيرا
                    بل استغفر كثيرا

-------------------------------------------------------
                    The children need your prayers more than anyone else
                    -------------------------------------------------------
                    www.inheritorsofquran.wordpress.com

Comment

Originally posted by F_R View Post
                      Would this include those of us who will be leaving too?
                      What do you mean?

Comment

What do you mean?
                        she meant when we are deceased, this sadaqah jaariyah will have our name too added onto th elist?

anyhoo, will UWT ppl accept arabic wordings under 30 characters for plaque?

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
                        O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Comment

Originally posted by Ansaariyah View Post
                          she meant when we are deceased, this sadaqah jaariyah will have our name too added onto th elist?

anyhoo, will UWT ppl accept arabic wordings under 30 characters for plaque?
                          to put it plainly (because I don't know how to word it differently and my head cold is causing a glitch in my brain wires), if you die whilst the project is open and still running, then of course, your name will be added and you will :insha: gain the rewards. Um... if afterwards when the project is all over and complete in a year or three, I dunno : /

They only do English characters unfortunately, as far as I was told.

Comment

to put it plainly (because I don't know how to word it differently and my head cold is causing a glitch in my brain wires), if you die whilst the project is open and still running, then of course, your name will be added and you will :insha: gain the rewards. Um... if afterwards when the project is all over and complete in a year or three, I dunno : /

They only do English characters unfortunately, as far as I was told.
                            :jkk:

Then cant think of anything for under 30 characters, sowwie

sigpic

Allahumma anta Rabbi la ilaha illa anta Khalaqtani wa ana'abduka, wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa Wa'dika mastata'tu A'uidhubika min sharri ma sana'tu.' abu'u Laka bi ni 'matika wa'ala abu'u bidhanbi; faghfirli fa'innahu la yaghfiru-dh-dhunuba illa anta.
                            O Allah, You are my Lord, none has the right to be worshipped except You, You created me and I am Your servant and I abide to Your covenant and promise as best I can, I take refuge in You from the evil of which I have committed. I acknowledge Your favour upon me and I acknowledgemy sin, so forgive me, for verilynone can forgive sin except You.

We are accountable for every letter we post here, so think before posting and maintain modesty.

Comment

I've sent this to UWT:

For Our Dearest Friends
                              - U.F.

to be put on the plaque :insha:

Please donate if you haven't already :up:

Comment

Wa'Alakumsalaam

This a good Idea.

JazakAllah Khair.

Comment

Working...
                                X