Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Quran Club - Part 2

:salams

Hoping all and everything is well with everyone Insha'Allah.

Right, we literally 2 months until Ramadhan....June and July, if that.

I was wondering, just to get back into swing of things can we try and revive this, and get ourselves to strengthen our relationship with the Quran, so when we get to Ramadhan, things are a lot easier.

Maybe between us can we get 3/4 khatams in before then, as Masha'Allah most of you are so eager :)

A beautiful reminder.....

Whoever would like to know if he loves Allah or not, then let him check his relation with the Qur’an. Whoever loves the Qur’an then he loves Allah, for indeed the Qur’an is but the word of Allah.

Abdullah Ibn Masoud RA

Im happy to sort this out Insha'allah, but I am fairly busy, as I am sure you all are as well.

Just to make this work, if you cant do your allocations, please take this seriously enough TO LET ME KNOW IN ADVANCE (so I can allocate to someone else, and finish as per schedule)

.....brothers, feel free to leave a message in the thread or my wall, sisters contact me via whichever means you feel convenient and have details for (wall/pm/text/email/person)

Some of you have been so good, even at passing messages through some other sisters when you cant come online :up:

Others have been awful.

It doesnt matter if you cant do it, its just nice to have been informed.

Jenicca rant over.

I will, Insha'allah be doing the list of Friday or Saturday, with 2 weeks to complete. Is that okay with everyone else?

If you want to take part, just leave your name insha'Allah.

Finally, after my rant, an apology to all of you for just leaving the previous thread and slacking in allocations etc. I had a lot going on. Im sorry.
    Last edited by Jenicca; 31-05-11, 11:27 AM.
    وَالْعَصْرِ

إِنَّ الْإِنسَانَ لَفِي خُسْرٍ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Re: The Quran Club - Part 2

:jkk: :up:

juzz 4 for me =]
    ‎"Listen with the ears of tolerance. See through the eyes of compassion. Speak with the language of love."
    Rumi RahimuAllah.

Comment

how much do we actually have to do inshallah, is one juz enough? really want to do more but im really behind on my hifdh so need time for that too.
      The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
      (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
      In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

Walaikum Assalam

Nice idea. Inshallah I am in. Juzz 15 for me and I can take one more juzz whichever is available for me. Jazakallah.
        الصلوۃ والسلام علیک یا سیدی یارسول اللہ

Comment

KeeKee sis, you can do any Juzz you want, as much or as little as you can manage insha'allah. Previously Ive had someone just do Ayat ul Kursi.

Also, a couple of the Huffadh were previously using this thread to maintain their hifdh.

They would tell me what Juzz they were revising at the time and thats what Id allocate them. That worked quite well actually esp for one particular sister, if you want to give it a go?

The aim is to give everyone 2 weeks to complete it..

Im liking this, if you all allocate yourselves the Juzz you please, I'll attempt to fill the gaps.

btw, my rant in my OP wasnt directed at anyone at all. I have a memory of a goldfish so I cant remember such things. It was a general comment :up:
          Last edited by Jenicca; 31-05-11, 02:29 PM.
          وَالْعَصْرِ

إِلَّا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا وَعَمِلُوا الصَّالِحَاتِ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالْحَقِّ وَتَوَاصَوْا بِالصَّبْرِ

"If Allah (swt) only sent this Surah to us, for the guidance of Mankind, this will be enough for us” - Imam Shaafi'ee r.a.

"Yeh dunya daar e faani hain, Tum apna dil mat lagaon, Ganimat samaj zinadagee ki bahar, aana na hoga, yahaa baar baar......"

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

:salams

can i take juz 13?

:wswrwb:
            La Ilaha Illa Anta, subhanaka, Inni Kunto Minal dhalimeen.(Al Anbiya 21:87) Nabi(SAW)said'None who is experiencing difficulty employs it except that Allah would relieve him of his difficulty'

Comment

Originally posted by Jenicca View Post
              KeeKee sis, you can do any Juzz you want, as much or as little as you can manage insha'allah. Previously Ive had someone just do Ayat ul Kursi.

The aim is to give everyone 2 weeks to complete it..

Im liking this, if you all allocate yourselves the Juzz you please, I'll find your gaps.

btw, my rant in my OP wasnt directed at anyone at all. I have a memory of a goldfish so I cant remember such things. It was a general comment :up:
              :jkk: habibati
              il take juz 28 inshaAllah
              The enforcement of Muslim Brotherhood is the greatest social ideal of Islam. On it was based the Prophet's (SAW) sermon on his last pilgrimage, and Islam cannot be completely realized until this ideal is achieved. '
              (Shaikh Maulana Muhammad Yusuf)
              In Lam Takun Ghaadiban Annee Falaa Ubaalee...

Comment

1 Anonymous
                2 Anonymous
                3 Anonymous
                4 Abu Rambo
                5 Joha
                6 Joha
                7 faithheals
                8 Anonymous 3
                9 Anonymous 4
                10 Beardyman
                11 Beardyman
                12 Muslimahghareeba
                13 Muslimahghareebah
                15 Kas1m
                16 Leemar Tayem
                17 EJ
                18 ibadat
                19 ibadat
                20 ibadat
                21 Jenicca
                22 Khajoobhai
                23 Anonymous 1
                24 Anonymous 1
                25 Anonymous 1
                26 Twinkling Star
                27 Twinkling Star

28 KeeKee
                30 Fais

Bolded ones are completed Juzz
                Last edited by Jenicca; 09-06-11, 04:45 PM.
                وَالْعَصْرِ

Khanqah Habibiyah

Comment

Im new to this so im sorry lol but do you have to memorize that particular juzz you're allocated for?
                  http://s14.postimg.org/v1lw1cm69/ummahanim.gif
                  Twitter: https://twitter.com/akh_fuaadh

Comment

Originally posted by Fuaadh View Post
                    Im new to this so im sorry lol but do you have to memorize that particular juzz you're allocated for?
                    :salams bro,

no you will just recite the juz you are allocated ..the aim is to finish the recitation within the assigned two weeks

i do wish the memorization thread was alive though, it wouldve been great to memorize more Quran by this ramadan, we should bring back that thread..

:wswrwb:
                    La Ilaha Illa Anta, subhanaka, Inni Kunto Minal dhalimeen.(Al Anbiya 21:87) Nabi(SAW)said'None who is experiencing difficulty employs it except that Allah would relieve him of his difficulty'

Comment

i wanted juzz 15 but bro Kas1m took it ...... okik then i`ll take juzz i6 , Jenicca pweees !
                      Jannah is my aim

Comment

I'd like to do 26 & 27 , InshaAllah !

Comment

17 please inshaAllah.
                          Wa alaikum assalaam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuhu.
                          ربنا واجعلنا مسلمين لك ومن ذريتنا أمة مسلمة لك وأرنا مناسكنا وتب علينا إنك أنت التواب الرحيم

Our Lord, make us Muslims submitted to You, and our descendants a Muslim community submitted to You. Show us our rites of worship and turn towards us. You are the Ever-Returning, the Most Merciful. [2: 128]

http://livingthemuslimlife.wordpress.com/

Comment

Uhm after reading OP I'm still not sure what this is :scratch:

Comment

Insha'Allah I can contribute by putting my dhor juzus. I'm down for Juzu 22. Hopefully this can keep me motivated, been skipping madrasa often now cuz of school and whatnot. Make duaa for Huffaadh who rejoined the school system. it isn't easy.

Comment

Working...
                              X