X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tawhid1
    started a topic Rejection of Taghout in order to be Muwahid

Rejection of Taghout in order to be Muwahid

A Taghout is litterally a false god who is worshipped and obeyed other than Allah and has acribed to himself the unique attributes of Allah, which only belongs to Allah. Such as claiming to know the unseen, claiming he is the creator and the ultimate provider, changing the laws of Allah (istihlal) etc.

One can also make idols, planets, prophets, angels, animals, people etc. into taghouts (false gods) by directing these unique attributes of Allah to the creation. So going to other than the shariah of Allah for judgement, taking the creation as a diety, and directing ibadah to them is shirk with Allah.

Allah (swt) stated: “And We have indeed sent to every nation a Messenger (saying to his people): ‘Worship Allaah alone and avoid the Taaghoot (false deities).” [Surah An-Nahl: 36]

It should be kept in mind that with this description of the taghout, you cannot say that every taghout is kafir. It is very known fact that, some of the prophets (may Allah's salam be upon them) and many of the righteous individuals, even angels and objects of the sky... have been made into a taghout by their deviated followers (e.g: Prophet Isa has been made a taghout by his followers, Abdulqadir Jilani has also been made a taghout; surely they are Muslim and distant from these deviations). The other point is, following and obeying must turn to Allah (swt) and the ones who Allah (swt) commanded us to follow and obey within the borders of deen.

I will post the ijmah of the ulama in this thread regarding this obligation of rejecting the taghout- an absolute necessity for the qualification and validity of the kalimat shahadah.

May Allah guide us.

• Saif-Uddin
    replied
    Originally posted by coffeecat View Post
    I have a question after reading this, maybe someone can shed some light,

Regarding "going to the taghoot for judgement"

is there any exception in the case of necessity ? or for maqasid ?

- For example a thief breaks into your house, can you call the police ?

- Your house is on fire, can you call the fire brigade ?

- Your (non-muslim) neighbor is playing loud music or some other annoyance,
    can you report it to the council or local authorities to get them to be civil ?

- You wish to build a extension to your house, you need to get permission from the local
    authorities?

- You live in a country where there is military conscription, you have no choice except to join
    the army in reserve. (can you do it with niya of ribat - defence of muslim lands, mosques, people, and wealth
    even if the government is not islamic but secular)
    Joining the kaafir army to help learn their secrets and help the Muslimeen war the only one i found to be permitted, otherwise its a disgusting Haraam job.

If they force you into the army, then the Muslim needs to leave that hell hole of a nation.

What we are witnessing nowadays though is so called Muslims proudly joining the armies of the kuffar

As for the rest of the questions its permitted out of necessity,

https://islamqa.info/en/92650

نعوذ بالله من ذلك
    Last edited by Saif-Uddin; 22-05-18, 07:07 AM.

Leave a comment:

• coffeecat
    replied
    I have a question after reading this, maybe someone can shed some light,

Regarding "going to the taghoot for judgement"

is there any exception in the case of necessity ? or for maqasid ?

- For example a thief breaks into your house, can you call the police ?

- Your house is on fire, can you call the fire brigade ?

- Your (non-muslim) neighbor is playing loud music or some other annoyance,
    can you report it to the council or local authorities to get them to be civil ?

- You wish to build a extension to your house, you need to get permission from the local
    authorities?

- You live in a country where there is military conscription, you have no choice except to join
    the army in reserve. (can you do it with niya of ribat - defence of muslim lands, mosques, people, and wealth
    even if the government is not islamic but secular)

Leave a comment:

• Son of Adam
    replied
    Islam teaches personal jihad. No where in Islam does it say to set up kingdoms and democracies and follow them rather than Sharia and Caliphate.

Kingdoms and democracies which judge or make decisions of domestic policy and foreign policy according to any other criteria other than Islam are not Muslim but kuffar and the enemies of Allah.

They are the Taghoot, those whom people praise and worship through following them besides following the command of Allah and His messenger, Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).

Surah (chapter) al-Ma`idah ("The Table," "The Table Spread") ayah 44
    [Qur'an 5:44]
    https://www.islamawakened.com/quran/5/44/default.htm

Arabic
    إِنَّا أَنزَلْنَا التَّوْرَاةَ فِيهَا هُدًى وَنُورٌ يَحْكُمُ بِهَا النَّبِيُّونَ الَّذِينَ أَسْلَمُوا لِلَّذِينَ هَادُوا وَالرَّبَّانِيُّونَ وَالْأَحْبَارُ بِمَا اسْتُحْفِظُوا مِن كِتَابِ اللَّهِ وَكَانُوا عَلَيْهِ شُهَدَاءَ فَلَا تَخْشَوُا النَّاسَ وَاخْشَوْنِ وَلَا تَشْتَرُوا بِآيَاتِي ثَمَنًا قَلِيلًا وَمَن لَّمْ يَحْكُم بِمَا أَنزَلَ اللَّهُ فَأُولَٰئِكَ هُمُ الْكَافِرُونَ

Transliteration
    Inna anzalna alttawrata feeha hudan wanoorun yahkumu biha alnnabiyyoona allatheena aslamoo lillatheena hadoo waalrrabbaniyyoona waal-ahbaru bima istuhfithoo min kitabi Allahi wakanoo AAalayhi shuhadaa fala takhshawoo alnnasa waikhshawni wala tashtaroo bi-ayatee thamanan qaleelan waman lam yahkum bima anzala Allahu faola-ika humu alkafiroona

Literal
    (Word by Word)
    Indeed, We revealed the Taurat in it (was) Guidance and light; judged by it the Prophets, those who had submitted (to Allah) for those who were Jews, and the Rabbis, and the scholars, with what they were entrusted of (the) Book (of) Allah and they were to it witnesses. So (do) not fear the people but fear Me, and (do) not sell My Verses (for) a little price. And whoever (does) not judge by what Allah has revealed, then those [they] (are) the disbelievers.

Generally Accepted Translations of the Meaning
    Muhammad Asad English Translation: Verily, it is We who bestowed from on high the Torah, wherein there was guidance and light. On `its strength did the prophets, who had surrendered themselves unto God, deliver judgment unto those who followed the Jewish faith; and so did the [early] men of God and the rabbis, inasmuch as some of God's writ had been entrusted to their care; and they [all] bore witness to its truth. Therefore, [O children of Israel,] hold not men in awe, but stand in awe of Me; and do not barter away My messages for a trifling gain: for they who do not judge in accordance with what God has bestowed from on high are, indeed, deniers of the truth!

M. M. Pickthall English Translation: Lo! We did reveal the Torah, wherein is guidance and a light, by which the prophets who surrendered (unto Allah) judged the Jews, and the rabbis and the priests (judged) by such of Allah's Scripture as they were bidden to observe, and thereunto were they witnesses. So fear not mankind, but fear Me. And My revelations for a little gain. Whoso judgeth not by that which Allah hath revealed: such are disbelievers.

Yusuf Ali (Saudi Rev. 1985) English Translation: It was We who revealed the law (to Moses): therein was guidance and light. By its standard have been judged the Jews, by the prophets who bowed (as in Islam) to Allah's will, by the rabbis and the doctors of law: for to them was entrusted the protection of Allah's book, and they were witnesses thereto: therefore fear not men, but fear me, and sell not my signs for a miserable price. If any do fail to judge by (the light of) what Allah hath revealed, they are (no better than) Unbelievers.
    Last edited by Son of Adam; 27-04-18, 10:53 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Son of Adam
    replied
    Originally posted by Saif-Uddin View Post
    "while hating and showing enmity to the people of Shirk"

Many so called Muslims have no enmity to Mushrikun or their places of Shirk

One guy took a selfie at stoneheng and I explained to him that pagan rituals take place and even showed him a recent YouTube clip, he just laughed and argued with me.

Al Wala Wal Bara is absent amongst these coconuts
    Surah (chapter) al-Hujurat ("The Private Apartments," "The Inner Apartments") ayah (verse) 11.
    [Qur'an 49:11]
    https://www.islamawakened.com/quran/49/11/

Arabic

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا لَا يَسْخَرْ قَوْمٌ مِّن قَوْمٍ عَسَىٰ أَن يَكُونُوا خَيْرًا مِّنْهُمْ وَلَا نِسَاءٌ مِّن نِّسَاءٍ عَسَىٰ أَن يَكُنَّ خَيْرًا مِّنْهُنَّ وَلَا تَلْمِزُوا أَنفُسَكُمْ وَلَا تَنَابَزُوا بِالْأَلْقَابِ بِئْسَ الِاسْمُ الْفُسُوقُ بَعْدَ الْإِيمَانِ وَمَن لَّمْ يَتُبْ فَأُولَٰئِكَ هُمُ الظَّالِمُونَ

Transliteration

Ya ayyuha allatheena amanoo la yaskhar qawmun min qawmin AAasa an yakoonoo khayran minhum wala nisaon min nisa-in AAasa an yakunna khayran minhunna wala talmizoo anfusakum wala tanabazoo bial-alqabi bi/sa al-ismu alfusooqu baAAda al-eemani waman lam yatub faola-ika humu alththalimoona

Literal
    (Word by Word)
    O you who believe! (Let) not ridicule a people [of] (another) people, perhaps that they maybe better than them; and (let) not women [of] (other) women perhaps that they maybe better than them. And (do) not insult yourselves and (do) not call each other by nicknames. Wretched is the name (of) disobedience after the faith. And whoever (does) not repent, then those - they (are) the wrongdoers.

Muhammad Asad English Translation: O YOU who have attained to faith! No men shall deride [other] men: it may well be that those [whom they deride] are better than themselves; and no women [shall deride other] women: it may well be that those [whom they deride] are better than themselves. And neither shall you defame one another, nor insult one another by [opprobrious] epithets: evil is all imputation of iniquity after [one has attained to] faith; and they who [become guilty thereof and] do not repent - it is they, they who are evildoers!
    M. M. Pickthall English Translation: O ye who believe! Let not a folk deride a folk who may be better than they (are), not let women (deride) women who may be better than they are; neither defame one another, nor insult one another by nicknames. Bad is the name of lewdness after faith. And whoso turneth not in repentance, such are evil-doers.
    Yusuf Ali (Saudi Rev. 1985) English Translation: O ye who believe! Let not some men among you laugh at others: It may be that the (latter) are better than the (former): Nor let some women laugh at others: It may be that the (latter are better than the (former): Nor defame nor be sarcastic to each other, nor call each other by (offensive) nicknames: Ill-seeming is a name connoting wickedness, (to be used of one) after he has believed: And those who do not desist are (indeed) doing wrong.

Surah (chapter) Yusuf ("Joseph") ayah (verse) 103.
    [Qur'an 12:103]
    https://www.islamawakened.com/quran/12/103/

Arabic
    وَمَا أَكْثَرُ النَّاسِ وَلَوْ حَرَصْتَ بِمُؤْمِنِينَ

Transliteration
    Wama aktharu alnnasi walaw harasta bimu/mineena

Literal
    (Word by Word)
    And not most (of) the mankind, even though you desire, (will be) believers.

Muhammad Asad English Translation: Yet - however strongly thou mayest desire it -most people will not believe [in this revelation],
    M. M. Pickthall English Translation: And though thou try much, most men will not believe.
    Yusuf Ali (Saudi Rev. 1985) English Translation: Yet no faith will the greater part of mankind have, however ardently thou dost desire it.

كتاب الفتن
    باب افْتِرَاقِ الأُمَمِ

حَدَّثَنَا عَمْرُو بْنُ عُثْمَانَ بْنِ سَعِيدِ بْنِ كَثِيرِ بْنِ دِينَارٍ الْحِمْصِيُّ، حَدَّثَنَا عَبَّادُ بْنُ يُوسُفَ، حَدَّثَنَا صَفْوَانُ بْنُ عَمْرٍو، عَنْ رَاشِدِ بْنِ سَعْدٍ، عَنْ عَوْفِ بْنِ مَالِكٍ، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ ـ صلى الله عليه وسلم ـ ‏"‏ افْتَرَقَتِ الْيَهُودُ عَلَى إِحْدَى وَسَبْعِينَ فِرْقَةً فَوَاحِدَةٌ فِي الْجَنَّةِ وَسَبْعُونَ فِي النَّارِ وَافْتَرَقَتِ النَّصَارَى عَلَى ثِنْتَيْنِ وَسَبْعِينَ فِرْقَةً فَإِحْدَى وَسَبْعُونَ فِي النَّارِ وَوَاحِدَةٌ فِي الْجَنَّةِ وَالَّذِي نَفْسُ مُحَمَّدٍ بِيَدِهِ لَتَفْتَرِقَنَّ أُمَّتِي عَلَى ثَلاَثٍ وَسَبْعِينَ فِرْقَةً فَوَاحِدَةٌ فِي الْجَنَّةِ وَثِنْتَانِ وَسَبْعُونَ فِي النَّارِ ‏"‏ ‏.‏ قِيلَ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ مَنْ هُمْ قَالَ ‏"‏ الْجَمَاعَةُ ‏"‏ ‏.‏

It was narrated from ‘Awf bin Malik that the Messenger of Allah(ﷺ) said:

“The Jews split into seventy-one sects, one of which will be in Paradise and seventy in Hell. The Christians split into seventy-two sects, seventy-one of which will be in Hell and one in Paradise. I swear by the One Whose Hand is the soul of Muhammad, my nation will split into seventy-three sects, one of which will be in Paradise and seventy-two in Hell.” It was said: “O Messenger of Allah, who are they?” He said: “The main body.”

Grade : Hasan (Darussalam)
    Reference : Sunan Ibn Majah 3992
    In-book reference : Book 36, Hadith 67
    English translation : Vol. 5, Book 36, Hadith 3992
    https://sunnah.com/ibnmajah/36/67

Leave a comment:

• Saif-Uddin
    replied
    "while hating and showing enmity to the people of Shirk"

Many so called Muslims have no enmity to Mushrikun or their places of Shirk

One guy took a selfie at stoneheng and I explained to him that pagan rituals take place and even showed him a recent YouTube clip, he just laughed and argued with me.

Al Wala Wal Bara is absent amongst these coconuts

Leave a comment:

• AbuMubarak
    replied
    the first hijra is from haram to halal

Leave a comment:

• Abu julaybeeb
    replied
    Asludeen
    kufr bit taghut wa amanu billah

Leave a comment:

• AdabWaAkhlaq
    replied
    Last edited by AdabWaAkhlaq; 14-09-18, 04:42 PM.

Leave a comment:

• advghori
    replied
    Re: Rejection of Taghout in order to be Muwahid

The Second: The tyrannical and oppressive ruler who changes Allaah’s rulings. The proof for this is Allaah’s saying: “Have you not seen those (hypocrites) who claim to have faith in that which has been revealed to you, and that which was revealed before you, and they wish to go for judgement (in their disputes) to the Taaghoot, when they have been ordered to reject them? But the Devil wishes to lead them far astray.” [Surah An-Nisaa: 60]
    Imam Abu Muhammed ibn Hazm (ra) said in explaining Surah An Nisa, 65: “But no, by your Lord, they can have no faith, until they make you (O Muhammed) judge on all disputes between them, and find in themselves no resistance against your decisions, and accept (them) with full submission.” that this is more than enough for the people of understanding, who believe in Allah(swt) and the Last Day, and who are sure and certain that this is an oath that Allah (awj) has made between Himself and His servants. Here one must check oneself, that he has not favoured the sayings of a scholar, Qiyas (Analogical deduction) or Istihsan (Preference of one proof over another proof because it appears more suitable to the situation, even though the preferred proof is technically weaker). If anyone was to find himself preferring anyone’s judgment rather than that of the Messenger (saw), let him know that Allah (swt) in His Might and Glory has vowed and sworn by Himself, and His Speech is always the Haqq, that whoever seeks the judgment other than that of the Messenger (saw) is not a believer, and if he is not a believer, then he is a disbeliever- and there is no third way in this!” (Al-ihkaam fi usooli al ahkaam, 1/98)

Ibn Katheer: "Allah (awj) makes inkaar (i.e. vehemently objects to) those who turn away from Allah's Shariah; the laws that are good for the Muslims; the laws that forbid what is evil. Allah rejects those who follow laws of personal desires and who adopt laws of Kufr such as the laws enforced by the Tartars who were under the control of Genghis Khan, their King. These laws were a mixture of Judaism, Christianity and laws chosen by their King which suited his desires. Should we prefer these laws over the Shariah of Allah and His Prophet (saw)?! Whoever does this is a Kafir and killing him is Wajeeb!" (Tafsir Ibn Katheer, Surah Al Maeda, 5; 50)
    "So whoever leaves the clear Shariah, which was revealed to Muhammad Ibn Abdullah, the Seal of the Prophets, and takes the Hukm to other than it from the laws of Kufr which are abrogated, he has disbelieved. So what about the one who takes the Hukm to the 'Yasiq' (the law of the Tartars which mixed Shariah rulings with invented rulings) and puts it before it?! Whoever does that, he has disbelieved by the Ijmaa' of the Muslims." (Al Bidayah wa Nihaayah, v 13, p 118-119)
    Sheikh Jamal ud Deen al Qasimee, Suleyman bin Abdullah al Sheikh and AbdulLatif bin AbdurRehman al Hassan al Sheikh- all pointed out that there is no doubt that whosoever seeks the judgment of other than Allah (awj) has disbelieved in Him and believed in taghout. (Addorrar Assonia 10; 426- Kitab – Hukm ul Murtad (Verdict on Apostates))
    Sheikh Sulaiman ibn AbdAllah Alsheikh stated that in the explanation of Surah An-Nisa, ayah 60 above, there is clear evidence that to avoid going to the taghout for judgement, which is other than the Qur’an and Sunnah, is obligatory and that the one who goes to the taghout for judgement is not a Mu’min nor a Muslim. (Tafsir Al Aziz el AlHamid)

Imam Shawkanee stated in the tafsir of Surah Nisa 4; 60: “It is astonishing how individuals want to be trialed by the taghout even though they claim to believe in the Qur’an revealed to RasulAllah (saw) and the books revealed to the previous Nabi... Whereas Allah (swt) had commanded RasulAllah and all the rasul before him to reject the taghout.” (Fath ul Qadir 1/482)

Sayings of the 'Ulama Regarding Seeking Judgement from Taghout
    OKie I read it, but you are exaggerating these rulings.

Should I not approach the court to recover my money from someone? What about the dispute between kafir and Muslim who is living in a kaafir country?

Leave a comment:

• advghori
    replied

OK

I'll read the full article InshaAllah and post my comment.

Leave a comment:

• Tawhid1
    replied
    Re: ÑÏ : Re: Rejection of Taghout in order to be Muwahid

Originally posted by advghori View Post
    Sa thing is according to Tawhid's sect anyone who goes to Court in a Kaafir country to get his right is also a Kaafir you can't even take the services of a lawyer:zzz:
    If after reading all that i have posted regarding the rejection of Taghout to be Muslim, and you still consider going to the Taghout for judgement to be permissible, then what can i say other than Truly Allah guides Whom He wills. SubhanAllah.

The ayat regarding Tahakum ila Taghout are Muhkam-Very Clear (for those who Allah has granted understanding) and there are absolutely NO room for doubts regarding this. There is unanimous agreement amongst the classical ulama regarding the kufr and irtidat of the one who does Tahakum to Taghout. There are also countless narrations from the classical ulama regarding the Kufr of seeking judgement from the Taghout. And to quote a few:

Imam Abu Muhammed ibn Hazm (ra) said in explaining Surah An Nisa, 65: “But no, by your Lord, they can have no faith, until they make you (O Muhammed) judge on all disputes between them, and find in themselves no resistance against your decisions, and accept (them) with full submission.” that this is more than enough for the people of understanding, who believe in Allah(swt) and the Last Day, and who are sure and certain that this is an oath that Allah (awj) has made between Himself and His servants. Here one must check oneself, that he has not favoured the sayings of a scholar, Qiyas (Analogical deduction) or Istihsan (Preference of one proof over another proof because it appears more suitable to the situation, even though the preferred proof is technically weaker). If anyone was to find himself preferring anyone’s judgment rather than that of the Messenger (saw), let him know that Allah (swt) in His Might and Glory has vowed and sworn by Himself, and His Speech is always the Haqq, that whoever seeks the judgment other than that of the Messenger (saw) is not a believer, and if he is not a believer, then he is a disbeliever- and there is no third way in this!” (Al-ihkaam fi usooli al ahkaam, 1/98)

Ibn Hazm stated commenting on the same ayah (An Nisa 4; 65) that Allah (swt) has sworn by Himself that one cannot be a believer until he seeks the judgment of the Prophet (saw) in everything that He (saw) came with, and then submits to it totally and bears no grudge against His (saw) judgment. The Imam clarifies that seeking judgment, and accepting and submitting the heart to the judgment, are two separate issues, and both are required to fulfill ones iman. (Al Fissal fi alMilal wa Ahwah wanNihal, 3/235)

Sheikh Suleiman Ibn Samhan talked about the ‘Shara’a ar-Rifaka’ and said that if you ask the worshippers of the taghout to come back to the judgment of Allah (awj) and His Prophet (saw), and avoid the law of the taghout, they will answer by saying: ‘that the only reason why we go to these laws for judgment is to avoid killing one another, because if one does not agree with the other party to submit to such laws (Shara’a ar-Rifaka), then one will kill the other’. Therefore, if you know that going to taghout for judgment is kufr, then you should also remember that Allah (awj) has said that kufr is worse than killing. Allah (awj) says: “…Say fighting therein is a great (transgression) but a greater (transgression) with Allah is to prevent mankind from following the Way of Allah, to disbelieve in Him, to prevent access to Al-Masjid al Haram and to drive out its inhabitants, and al-Fitnah (Polytheism and disbelief) is worse than killing…’ (Surah Al Baqara 2; 217) and “…And al-Fitnah (shirk and kufr) is worse than killing…” (Surah Al Baqara 2; 191)

Sheikh Suleiman Ibn Samhan also said that if going to the taghout for judgment is kufr, and since disputes are related to wordly matters, then how could it be possible to commit kufr in pursuit of dunya matters! Iman can never be fulfilled until Allah (awj) and His Prophet (saw) are the most loved and until we love our Prophet (saw) more than we love our children, fathers and all mankind. So if all your wordly interests are to perish, it will be an act of kufr to seek a judgment other than that of Allah (awj) and His Prophet (saw). And if you had to choose between forsaking your worldly interests and going to the taghout for judgment, it would then be obligatory upon you to relinquish your dunya, and you would never be allowed to go to the taghout for judgment. (Adorrar Assunniah)

Imam Shawkanee stated in the tafsir of Surah Nisa 4; 60: “It is astonishing how individuals want to be trialed by the taghout even though they claim to believe in the Qur’an revealed to RasulAllah (saw) and the books revealed to the previous Nabi... Whereas Allah (swt) had commanded RasulAllah and all the rasul before him to reject the taghout.” (Fath ul Qadir 1/482)

But no, by your Lord, they can have no faith!

Qadi stated: ‘Just as it is kufr to be judged by the taghout it is kufr not to consent to the hukm of Muhammad (saw). This indicates the following: Allah (swt) had stated “Even though they had been commanded to reject it they still want to be trialed by the taghout” and had accounted being trialed by the taghout as iman to the taghout. Just as the rejection of taghout means iman to Allah, there is no doubt the rejection of Allah means iman to taghout. (Badaiu’s Sanai fi Tartibi Sharai (Imam Kasani), v 7, p 3)

If anyone is interested in the issue of the kufr of Tahakum ila Taghout, then please click the link below for a detailed work:

Seeking Judgment from Taghout

My sect? I follow the Qur'an, Sunnah, and the classical ulama. Alhamdulillah. May Allah guide those who are sincere.

Anyone who disagrees with the undisputable ayat of Allah, the words of RasulAllah, the consensus of the classical ulama regarding Rejection of the Taghout and Kufr of Tahakum to Taghout, then he is obliged to refute with ilm, otherwise he must submit to the haqq which is presented.

What is left of Islam today! People ascribe to themselves Islam while submitting to Taghout and defending shirk and claiming it to be part of Tawhid! O Allah Destroy those who are at War with Islam if guidance is not their fate!

Leave a comment:

• advghori
    replied
    Re: ÑÏ : Re: Rejection of Taghout in order to be Muwahid

Originally posted by AbuMubarak View Post
    you are gonna get arrested for copyright infringement
    Sa thing is according to Tawhid's sect anyone who goes to Court in a Kaafir country to get his right is also a Kaafir you can't even take the services of a lawyer:zzz:

Leave a comment:

• AbuMubarak
    replied
    ÑÏ : Re: Rejection of Taghout in order to be Muwahid

you are gonna get arrested for copyright infringement

Leave a comment:

• Tawhid1
    replied

Taking the Taghout and its supporters as awliya, sharing celebrations and holidays with them, imitating them, asking forgiveness for them are all prohibited. The rights of a Muslim do not apply to them

The authority of the Taghout must be rejected. A Muslim can not accept to be under the authority of the Taghout. “Allah will never allow the kafiroon to have a way over the mu’minoon” (An Nisa 4: 141)

“O you who believe! Obey Allah, obey the Messenger and those in authority amongst you…” (An Nisa’ 4: 59)

“And obey not the disbelievers and the hypocrites…” (Al-Ahzaab 33: 48)

No material support to establish and protect Dar ul-Islam can be sought from them until and unless they reject the Taghout. This type of support is called nusraah. Aisha (ra) reported that Nabi (saw) said “I will never seek help from a mushrik. (Muslim) Nussrah is a form of walayah and walayah with the kuffar is most definitely prohibited to the believers in many verses. Allah (swt) says: “Verily those who believed and made hijrah and strove hard with their property and their selves in the cause of Allah as well as those who gave help [nasaroo] these are awliya’ to one another…” (Al Anfaal 8: 72)

“And verily your Wali is Allah, His messenger and the believers, those who establish the salah and give zakah and they bow down.” (Al Maida 5: 55)

“O you who believe! Take not for awliya disbelievers instead of believers. Do you wish to offer Allah a manifest proof against yourselves?” (An Nisa 4: 144)

“And those who believed and made hijrah and strove hard in the cause of Allah as well as those who gave help [nasaroo] these are the believers in truth…” (Al Anfaal 8: 74)

“…He it is who has strengthened you with His help [nasirihi] and with the believers…” (Al Anfaal 8: 62)

Whoever makes alliance with them will become one of them, i.e. kafir. Allah (swt) says “Give the munafiqoon the news that they will have a painful punishment, those who take the disbelievers as friends instead of believers, do they seek honour/power with them? Verily, to Allah belongs all Honour.” (An Nisaa 4: 138-139) and “The believers should not take the disbelievers as friends rather than the believers. Whoever does that has nothing to do with Allah.” (Ali Imran 3: 28) “O you who believe! Take not for awliya disbelievers instead of believers. Do you wish to offer Allah a manifest proof against yourselves?” (An Nisa 4: 144)

A believer can not be executed in retaliation for the Taghout and its surrounding. It has been reported that Ali (ra) said “The blood of all believers are equal, the lowliest of them can guarantee their protection and they are one hand against others. A Mu’min should not be killed for a kafir nor should one who has been given a covenant (ahd) be killed while his covenant holds.” (Ahmad, Abu Dawud, Nasai)

All types of walayah with the Taghout are prohibited. This includes marriage, inheritance and even becoming witness to one another. A Muslim must keep his distant with the Taghout. Just as the men of the Taghout, the women of the Taghout are also to be kept away from. They must not be considered any different than the men of the Taghout. The Muslim men cannot marry the Taghout women as the Muslim women cannot marry the men of Taghout. Allah (swt) says “Do not marry unbelieving women (idolaters), until they believe: A slave woman who believes is better than an unbelieving woman, even though she allures you. Nor marry (your girls) to unbelievers until they believe: A man slave who believes is better than an unbeliever, even though he allures you. Unbelievers do (but) beckon you to the Fire. But Allah beckons by His Grace to the Garden (of bliss) and forgiveness, and makes His Signs clear to mankind: That they may celebrate His praise. …” (Al Baqarah 2: 221)

“O ye who believe! When there come to you believing women refugees, examine (and test) them: Allah knows best as to their Faith: if ye ascertain that they are Believers, then send them not back to the Unbelievers. They are not lawful (wives) for the Unbelievers, nor are the (Unbelievers) lawful (husbands) for them...” (Al Mumtahina 60: 10)

"Bad women (khabeethaat) are for bad men (khabeetheen) and bad men (khabeethoon) are for bad women (khabeethaat) and good women are for pure men and pure men are for pure women...." (An Nur 24: 26)

Inheritance is restricted between the Muslim and the Taghout. A Muslim can not inherit from the Taghout even if it is an advantage and the Taghout can not inherit from the Muslim. Usamah bin Zayd reports that Nabi (saw) said “A Muslim does not inherit from a kafir nor a kafir from a Muslim.” (Bukhari, Muslim)

The animals which have been slaughtered by the kuffar, the mushreek and the supporters of the Taghout are forbidden to be eaten by the Muslim. “Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than Allah; that which hath been killed by strangling, or by a violent blow, or by a headlong fall, or by being gored to death...” (Al Maida 5: 3)

“Eat not of (meats) on which Allah's name hath not been pronounced: That would be impiety. But the evil ones ever inspire their friends to contend with you if ye were to obey them, ye would indeed be Pagans.” (Al An’am 6: 121)

The Taghout have their own culture, customs and celebrations differing from that of the Muslim. Just as the Muslim must keep distant from the Taghout itself the Muslim must also restrain them selves from attending, witnessing or even wishing well in regards to their celebrations. Allah the Exalted said, “Those who do not witness falsehood…” (Al Furqan 25: 72). The meaning of this ayah actually refers to witnessing the celebrations of the polytheists. The Messenger of Allah said “Every nation has their celebration, an indeed our celebration is this day” (Bukhari, Muslim, An-Nasai) Therefore every nation has their specific festival; the Muslim can not join them in celebrating such festivities in any manner. Anas Ibn Maalik (ra) said, The Messenger of Allah (saw) came (to Madinah) and they had two days in which they would (relax and) play. He said, What are these two days? They said, We used to play (on these two days) during the jahiliyyah. The Messenger of Allah (saw) said, Allah has given you something better instead of them: Yawm al-Duhaa (Eid al-Adha) and Yawm al-Fitr (Eid al-Fitr). (Abu Dawud)

Sharing the holidays of the Muslim with the Taghout is also another matter which must be stayed away from. As the Prophet (saw) stated Yawm al-Duhaa (Eid al-Adha) and Yawm al-Fitr (Eid al-Fitr) are the holidays of the Muslims. The prayers performed and the celebrations which take place during these special days must not be shared with the Taghout and those who side with them. These special days and greetings belong only to the Muslim and must only be shared between the Muslim. Marriage is one of the types of ibaadah. It does not change whether a kafir is getting married or a Muslim. These special events are ibaadah and as stated before prayers must be separated from the kuffar. A Muslim must not attend a marital ceremony, reception or party type gatherings of the kuffar. In such case if a Muslim does share such activities with the kuffar hence he will be sharing the ibaadah of the kuffar with the kuffar and this will be a double jeopardy on his behalf. However if the intention of the Muslim is dawah and he takes place in these ceremonies he must keep himself and stay far from the kufr, shirk and haraam which take place during these ceremonies. If a Muslim imitates the kuffar and performs any of its rituals then this person will not be and must no longer be considered a Muslim.

To emulate, follow and to imitate the kuffar is also restricted. The Muslim must differ in every possible way that they can from the kuffar. The Messenger of Allah said: “Who ever imitates a people is of them.” (Ahmad, Abu Dawud) There are many, many examples which could be given in regards to not imitating the kuffar and here is a couple: “Indeed the Jews do not ye their hair, so differ from them.” (Bukhari, Muslim) “Differ from the polytheists let the beard flow and trim the moustache” (Bukhari, Muslim, Bayhaqi) Reading these hadeeth makes it much easier to realise how little an opposition can be and how easy it can be to differ from them.

The Taghout and its believers are not to be buried in the graveyards of Muslims either. Abu Hurairah reported that Nabi (saw) said “…and prayer is binding upon you behind every Muslim…” (Abu Dawud) Prayer must only be done with and shared with the Muslim. This includes the prayer of the dead. If the deceased person is not a Muslim then the prayer must not be performed. The Muslim can not pray over them when they die as Abu Hurairah reported that Nabi (saw) said “A Muslim has six duties to another Muslim…….and when he dies follow his funeral” meaning following the funeral of and performing the death prayer is only done for a Muslim by another Muslim. (Muslim) Ali reported that Nabi (saw) said “To a Muslim there are six upon a Muslim with ma’roof…..he will follow his bier when he is dead…” (Tirmidhi) “And never pray for any of them who dies, nor stand at his grave. Certainly they disbelieved in Allah and his messenger and died while they were fasiqoon” (At-Taubah 9: 84) Ibn Umar reported that Nabi (saw) said “The Qadariyyah are the magians of this ummah. If they are ill do not pay a visit to them, and if they die do not attend their funerals” (Abu Dawud, Kitaab us Sunnah v.3 n.4674) and Hudhayfah reported that Nabi (saw) said “Every people have Magians and the Magians of this ummah are those that declare that there is no qadr by Allah. If any one of them dies, do not attend his funeral and if any of them is ill do not visit him. They are the partisans of Dajjal and Allah will surely join them with Dajjal.” (Abu Dawud, Kitaabus Sunnah, v 3 n 4675)

Forgiveness and blessing can not be asked for them when they are living or when they die “It is not for the Prophet and those who believe to ask the Forgiveness of Allah for the mushrikeen even though they be of kin, after it has become clear to them that they are the dwellers of the Fire” (At Taubah 9: 113) The Muslim is permitted to pray to and ask Allah to guide the kuffar to Islam, just as the Prophet (saw) prayed to Allah to guide Umar (ra) to Islam. However a Muslim must not ask Allah to bless those who carry enmity to Allah as they do not deserve to be blessed.

The Taghout must not enter the Haraam of Makkah, Allah (swt) says, “O you who believe! Verily the mushrikoon are najasun (impure) so do not let them come near Al-Masjid Al-Haraam after this year…” (At Taubah 9: 28) It is unfortunate to see that the Haraam of Makkah is occupied by the Taghout however Allah has entitled them with being najasun and in reality they must not step foot in that which belong to Islam.

The rights, duties and obligations of brotherhood do not apply to them. Allah (swt) says, “Verily only the believers are a brotherhood.” (Al Hujuraat 49: 10) Consequently the siblings of a Muslim can not claim that of which is believed to rightfully be theirs unless they become or are Muslim. For the reason only the Muslim can be brothers/sisters amongst themselves. These rules of Baraa’, keeping distant and restraining from the Taghout, the kuffar, the mushrik and the munafiqoon apply even to those who have blood relations; to family’s and relatives. Allah (swt) says “O you who believe! Do not take your fathers and brothers as awliya, if they love kufr instead of iman. If any of you do so, they are zaalimoon.” (At-Taubah 9/23) “You will not find any people that believe in Allah and the Last Day loving those who oppose Allah and His messenger, even though they were their fathers, sons, brothers or relatives. For such He has written iman in their hearts and strengthened them with Ruh from Himself. And We will admit them to Gardens underneath which rivers flow, to dwell therein. Allah is pleased with them and they with Him. They are the party of Allah. Verily, it is the party of Allah that will be successful.” (Al-Mujaadilah 58/22)

“Allah is the wali of those who believe, He brings them out from darkness into light. But as for those who disbelieve their awliya are Taghout, they bring them out from light into darkness. Those are the dwellers of the fire and they will abide therein forever.” (Al Baqarah 2: 257)

In conclusion: The rejection of the Taghout is a necessity of iman to Allah. “Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects the Taghout and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things.” (Al-Baqarah 2: 256) Beware of the end which will come over those who do not necessarily recognise the Taghout therefore do not reject it. “Say: ‘Shall I inform you of something worse than that, regarding the recompense from Allah those who incurred the curse of Allah and His wrath, those of whom He transformed into monkeys and swine, those who worshipped Taghout.” (Al-Maidah 5: 60) Be associates to the good news brought from their Lord to those who reject the Taghout as their Lord had required them to: “Those who eschew Taghout,- and fall not into its worship,- and turn to Allah (in repentance),- for them is Good News: so announce the Good News to My Servants...” (Az Zumar 39: 17) Wallahu mustean!

“But honour belongs to Allah and His Messenger and to the believers.” (Munafiqoon 63/8)

“It is He who has sent His Messenger with the Guidance and the Religion of Truth. That He makes it prevail over all religion, even though the pagans may detest (it).” (Saff 61: 9)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X