This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quick questions thread

Why do americans love drinking iut of mason jars? And why are they called mason jars
    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
      Why do americans love drinking iut of mason jars? And why are they called mason jars
      I don't drink out of mason jars. I never knew that was a thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Muslimah1436 View Post
        Anyone read any fatawa about this?

I was given a necklace (from Turkey) as a gift but was told that it's traditionally believed over there that such necklaces protect people from the evil eye. Of course, I don't hold any such belief but I'm wondering if it's permissible for me to wear this necklace knowing that people have those beliefs around it?
        What does it look like?
        You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

You follow your scholar's qiyās, and I will follow the Qur'ān and Sunnah.

Comment

Originally posted by .khayriyyah. View Post
          I don't drink out of mason jars. I never knew that was a thing.
          Hahah i see it on tv sometimes :scratch:
          يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Quick question:

What was gained by moving this thread to The Void?
            You think you know more than my scholar's qiyās? He was more learned than you and all other scholars combined. Yeah, the devil was the greatest scholar too and look where his qiyās of fire being better than tīn got him. Sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
              Quick question:

What was gained by moving this thread to The Void?
              I honestly do wonder what the difference between lounge and void are anymore

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

I honestly do wonder what the difference between lounge and void are anymore
                It is all part of the Soapbox conspiracy.

Comment

Is it haram, as a sister, to wear a mans sweater or pants for the purpose of cleaning or just to warm yourself etc, not for the purpose of wearing mans clothes

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Any sister who has me on WhatsApp, I need to ask a couple of questions.

(I didn't want to ask one of you directly and put you on the spot - rather one of you volunteer)

Barakallahu feekum

Comment

Answered, mashallah to the lovely sister

Comment

Originally posted by A.Basheer View Post
                        My guess would be that the fatwa would say if there is nothing apparent from the necklace that would be recognized as a sign of superstition (such as the blue eye they usually attach to it), it would be permissible.

But how can we know without a fatwa.
                        A sister repped this fatwa. https://islamqa.info/en/88485

Jazakum Allahu khairan

Originally posted by Linkdeutscher View Post
                        What does it look like?
                        It's like black thread with different beads on it. Never seen this style before, very unique.
                        ~‘And He will provide him from (sources) he could never imagine. And whoever puts their trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Indeed, Allah has set a measure for all things.’~ - سورة الطلاق : 3

Comment

Is it haram, as a sister, to wear a mans sweater or pants for the purpose of cleaning or just to warm yourself etc, not for the purpose of wearing mans clothes
                          Here is a similar Q and A that might help:

i mostly wear my dads pajamas and he doesn't wear them anymore so is it permissible to wear them knowing that it isn't made for females?

Ruling on a woman wearing men's pajamas

Answer:

Praise be to Allah.

If the pajamas are specially made for men, then it's not allowed to wear them, due to what was narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) prohibited that.

Please see the following fatwa for more information: (184217).

And Allah knows best.

Comment

Here is a similar Q and A that might help:

i mostly wear my dads pajamas and he doesn't wear them anymore so is it permissible to wear them knowing that it isn't made for females?

Ruling on a woman wearing men's pajamas

Answer:

Praise be to Allah.

If the pajamas are specially made for men, then it's not allowed to wear them, due to what was narrated that the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allah be upon him) prohibited that.

Please see the following fatwa for more information: (184217).

And Allah knows best.
                            Oh subhanAllah
                            :jkk:

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Oh subhanAllah
                              :jkk:
                              Yes wearing clothes that are made exclusively for men is haram even if it's just around the house.

Comment

Yes wearing clothes that are made exclusively for men is haram even if it's just around the house.
                                What makes an article of clothing exclusively for men?
                                Because male western clothing is unisex looking, like women's clothing is just tighter and more revealing

Comment

Working...
                                X