Eid Live Update Thread 2017

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eid Live Update Thread 2017

“Whoever wants to purify his heart must prefer Allah over and above his own desires.” .

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
      So Monday is not eid as well?
      Follow your local Masjid.
      Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

asalamu alaikum

google is saying that the moon is visible on 24 june 2017 at 3.30am and therefore it should be eid ul fitr on sunday but many of al ul sunnat jamat are celebrating eid on Monday as it was cloudy and the moon was not sighted by the naked eye or by binoculars. if powerful telescopes in observatorys have sighted the moon on 24 june at 3.30am. then should we not follow the observatory sightings.

I know that London central mosque follow Saudi.

please reply with some insight as I am confused.

jazakallah khairan

wasalam
        Last edited by cloud9; 24-06-17, 10:39 PM.

Comment

Eid Mubarak
          Ya Allah,
          Make me a stronger person today. Make me a better person out of all these. It is no longer bearable for me for my heart is aching and You are the only One who knows how I feel. Nothing is making sense to myself and for anyone else for that matter especially to the one person I wish to understand me better than anybody else.
          "Don't use the sharpness of your tongue on the mother who taught you how to speak

Comment

Originally posted by cloud9 View Post
            asalamu alaikum

google is saying that the moon is visible on 24 june 2017 at 3.30am and therefore it should be eid ul fitr on sunday but many of al ul sunnat jamat are celebrating eid on Monday as it was cloudy and the moon was not sighted by the naked eye or by binoculars. if powerful telescopes in observatorys have sighted the moon on 24 june at 3.30am. then should we not follow the observatory sightings.

jazakallah khairan

wasalam
            All local Pakistan mosques were doing Monday where I am. But just before taraweeeh, we got news, its tomorrow. Some sighting in Nigeria of something...
            So they all doing tomorrow as well.

Check your local Masjid for news.

Eid Mubarak everyone. Spread the Eid reps. I'll get it started.
            Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

As Muslims here in my country are doing it tomorrow, I'll do the same.

Eid Mubarak everyone.
              The Love Allah has for Prophet Muhammad ﷺ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Acm3R7MbO_Q

Comment

Originally posted by cloud9 View Post
                asalamu alaikum

I know that London central mosque follow Saudi.

jazakallah khairan

wasalam
                Wa salaam,

This is a detailed issue, however very briefly:

The moon was born at 3.30am.

It usually takes between 17 to 23 hours after the moon is born before anyone on earth can view it with the naked eye.

It can take about 12 hourse after the moon is born before anyone can site it with a telescope.

So if the moon was born at 3.30am, it should not have been possible to site it anywhere in the world before about 8pm british time (with naked eye.)

However saudi accept sightings via telescope, and I know some hanafi ulama also accept telescopic sightings.

Visibility maps are not always entirely accurate, there is margin for error.

So Saudi could very well have sighted the moon with a telescope even judging by the visibilty maps, especailly if it was a powerful telescope, and taking into account the margin of error for visibilty maps.

Either way, in the UK, both days should be fine, Sunday or Monsay, just follow your local masjid. There is no neccesitty to be united on the day of eid, the necessity is to respect and understand that this difference of opinon is fine.

May Allah almighty accept from all of us.

Eid Mubarak.

Comment

EID MUBARAK!!!! May Allah accept all of our Ramadan efforts and May Allah give us a blessed Eid ameen
                  وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

i can eat my boogers in peace again

eid mubarak yall
                    يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
                      i can eat my boogers in peace again

eid mubarak yall
                      :vomit:

Eid Mubarak.

Comment

Eid Mubarak ummah peopleszs
                        'And when a thing for which you ask is slow to come,
                        Then know that often through delay are gifts received'
                        علي الحبشي

Comment

'Eidukum Mubarak to everyone on here! تقبل الله منا ومنكم

May Allah forgive us and keep us steadfast. Ameen :)
                          اللهم يا مقلب القلوب ثبت قلبي على دينك

Comment

Eid Mubarak to my brothers, and to my sisters. May Allah accept our fast and forgive our sins.

Comment

Working...
                            X