Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Eid Live Update Thread 2017

Originally posted by Abu 'Abdullaah View Post
    Have you checked the validity of the map?
    The map is from here:

https://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~gen...rrent_year.htm
    Allah is always watching [VIDEO]

How To Weep For The Fear Of Allah

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

Originally posted by Mikha’eel View Post
      Now you have to decide between the map, and the principal of affirming a positive over a negative, and the testimony of Muslims.

Comment

Originally posted by sajid View Post
        https://twitter.com/Arab_News/status/878639403979210752

Of Course..Follow your local mosque

With our Local mosque they won't confirm till after Maghrib even though they follow saudi...
        So did saudi comfirm or not
        يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Eid Live Update Thread 2017

My masjid follows local sighting. Will know in about 8 hours.

Comment

Now I'm torn, because my Masjid follow Saudi, and yet I don't trust the validity of this announcement because according to map it isn't possible to sight it ..
            It can be seen through telescope and special equipment which is allowed to be used according to the scholars of saudi arabia. It can be seen in the middle east, europe and the americas but it cannot be seen in mid to east asia.

well thats what they said earlier today in the morning, things might have changed and the calculations could be wrong because there are people who see the moon in malaysia for example..
            Last edited by Blackbeard; 24-06-17, 04:55 PM.
            "There will never cease to remain a group from my Ummah fighting upon the command of Allah, subjugating their enemies. They are not harmed by those who oppose them, until the Hour arrives".

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
              It can be seen through telescope and special equipment which is allowed to be used according to the scholars of saudi arabia. It can be seen in the middle east, europe and the americas but it cannot be seen in mid to east asia.

well thats what they said earlier today in the morning, things might have changed and the calculations could be wrong because there are people who see the moon in malaysia for example..
              A second source as well, visiblty map:

http://astro.ukho.gov.uk/moonwatch/nextnewmoon.html

Impossible to be seen today in Saudi.
              I'm strongly leaning towards rejecting the Masjid I go to, if they announce tonight. I may not even bother following them anymore as far as moon sighting is concerned.

My heart won't allow it...

Please remember to share these links with people you know so they can also benefit from them. :jkk:

Comment

I'm strongly leaning towards rejecting the Masjid I go to, if they announce tonight. I may not even bother following them anymore as far as moon sighting is concerned.

-_-

Comment

How about you look at the time on the picture. That map covers 02:31 universal time(after midnight). That was around 15 hours ago......

These maps are not live..... unless you know how to calculate your own by measuring and comparing it to the time of maghrib today then I see no reason saying anyone is lying about it. Its important to remember that the moon could be seen in a short window, around 20 minutes before disappearing again.

There is a possibility i might be totally wrong but I dont see why literally every country would be lying.
                  Last edited by Blackbeard; 24-06-17, 05:32 PM.
                  "There will never cease to remain a group from my Ummah fighting upon the command of Allah, subjugating their enemies. They are not harmed by those who oppose them, until the Hour arrives".

Comment

Originally posted by Blackbeard View Post
                    How about you look at the time on the picture. That map covers 02:31 universal time(after midnight). That was around 15 hours ago......

These maps are not live..... unless you know how to calculate your own by measuring and comparing it to the time of maghrib today then I see no reason saying anyone is lying about it. Its important to remember that the moon could be seen in a short window, around 20 minutes before disappearing again.

There is a possibility i might be totally wrong but I dont see why literally every country would be lying.
                    Let me be clear, I'm not accusing anyone if lying, but I believe that they are mistaken.

From moonsighting.com, Indonesia, they didn't see the moon, yet they announced for tomorrow, how does that work exactly?

Those charts state, it is impossible to see the moon.

Comment

Let me be clear, I'm not accusing anyone if lying, but I believe that they are mistaken.

From moonsighting.com, Indonesia, they didn't see the moon, yet they announced for tomorrow, how does that work exactly?

Those charts state, it is impossible to see the moon.
                      Well maybe you are not but others probably are. Its the same story every year nowadays, people claiming they have a certain agenda and thus lying about them seeing the moon.

I dont know about indonesia but it was possible to be seen in the middle east although probably with technical aid.

Comment

So what is the timing of Eid? From sunday evening up to monday evening is what I thought. It would be easier for me because I don't have money till Monday
                        وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
                          So what is the timing of Eid? From sunday evening up to monday evening is what I thought. It would be easier for me because I don't have money till Monday
                          London Central Mosque: 'Eid begins this maghrib and so tomorrow you do not fast. Eid is Sunday.

http://www.iccuk.org/

Comment

So it's no longer Ramadan here. :(
                            The Love Allah has for Prophet Muhammad ﷺ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Acm3R7MbO_Q

Comment

Originally posted by Morose View Post
                              London Central Mosque: 'Eid begins this maghrib and so tomorrow you do not fast. Eid is Sunday.

http://www.iccuk.org/
                              So Monday is not eid as well?
                              وَاقْصِدْ فِي مَشْيِكَ وَاغْضُضْ مِن صَوْتِكَ ۚ إِنَّ أَنكَرَ الْأَصْوَاتِ لَصَوْتُ الْحَمِيرِ - 31:19

And be moderate in your pace and lower your voice; indeed, the most disagreeable of sounds is the voice of donkeys."

أَلَمْ تَرَوْا أَنَّ اللَّهَ سَخَّرَ لَكُم مَّا فِي السَّمَاوَاتِ وَمَا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَأَسْبَغَ عَلَيْكُمْ نِعَمَهُ ظَاهِرَةً وَبَاطِنَةً ۗ وَمِنَ النَّاسِ مَن يُجَادِلُ فِي اللَّهِ بِغَيْرِ عِلْمٍ وَلَا هُدًى وَلَا كِتَابٍ مُّنِيرٍ - 31:20

Do you not see that Allah has made subject to you whatever is in the heavens and whatever is in the earth and amply bestowed upon you His favors, [both] apparent and unapparent? But of the people is he who disputes about Allah without knowledge or guidance or an enlightening Book [from Him].

Please take a look at my travel booking website : https://destinationfindertravel.com/

Please take a look at my blog : http://thinkingmuslima.blogspot.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by LailaTheMuslim View Post
                                So Monday is not eid as well?
                                I guess so, as it does last for 3 days, but the first day is Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X