X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ramadan Surah Al-Mulk Challenge.

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
    Hope you don't mind Capt Mario.

Just another friendly reminder to everyone to reflect on the ayat that you're learning. Even if you can't memorize it, spend time reflecting on the ayat, pondering on it, and be humbled by it's might.

I've created a separate thread where you can share your thoughts, feelings, and journey during this Ramadan Challenge.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ion-Reflection

It would be nice if after this month is done, we can continue doing this for the other Surat. Learning an ayah reflecting on the ayah.
    I like this idea.
    "And surely this brotherhood of your is a single brotherhood, and I am your Lord and Cherisher. Therefore fear Me and no other. But people have broken their religion into sects, each group rejoicing in that which is with them. But leave them in their confused ignorance for a time." (23:52-54)

Comment

I diddnt do 4 yet and i dont rly know the first 3 neither, i can only recite them along with the reciter, its harder then i thought
      يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلنَّاسُ ٱعْبُدُوا۟ رَبَّكُمُ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَكُمْ وَٱلَّذِينَ مِن قَبْلِكُمْ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَتَّقُونَ

O mankind, worship your Lord, who created you and those before you, that you may become righteous

Surah Al Baqarah ayah 21

Comment

Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
        Hope you don't mind Capt Mario.

Just another friendly reminder to everyone to reflect on the ayat that you're learning. Even if you can't memorize it, spend time reflecting on the ayat, pondering on it, and be humbled by it's might.

I've created a separate thread where you can share your thoughts, feelings, and journey during this Ramadan Challenge.

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...ion-Reflection

It would be nice if after this month is done, we can continue doing this for the other Surat. Learning an ayah reflecting on the ayah.
        Great initiative, ofc I don't mind. we should try to focus on the meaning behind it instead of just memorising :insha:
        :jkk:
        ┳┻|
        ┻┳|•.•) Hello, Assalamu Alaikum! Check out this topic! #makethechanges
        ┳┻|⊂ノ
        ┻┳|
        :banbear:http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...adan-Authentic:hidban:

Comment

Originally posted by aynina View Post
          I diddnt do 4 yet and i dont rly know the first 3 neither, i can only recite them along with the reciter, its harder then i thought
          Keep on trying!
          ┳┻|
          ┳┻|⊂ノ
          ┻┳|

Comment

Verse 3 and 4 done.
            “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Hadhrat Ali (Radiallahu anhu)

Comment

Verse 5

18839126_1405057689553365_39489430368704701_n.jpg <--- Click to enlarge

Translation: And We have certainly beautified the nearest heaven with stars and have made [from] them what is thrown at the devils and have prepared for them the punishment of the Blaze.

Transliteration: Walaqad zayyanna assamaaaddunya bimasabeeha waja'alnaharujooman lishshayateeni wa a'tadna lahum 'adhaabaas sa'eer

[MENTION=85905]Sky Lark[/MENTION] [MENTION=110507]aynina[/MENTION] [MENTION=106576]AbulUthman[/MENTION] [MENTION=139193]Miss Foxxy[/MENTION] [MENTION=41145]Theistic[/MENTION] [MENTION=83419]muzzybee[/MENTION] [MENTION=143461]Egyptian[/MENTION] [MENTION=120607]Kiro[/MENTION] [MENTION=30830]Pippin1376[/MENTION] [MENTION=119636]patient believer[/MENTION] [MENTION=140628]airhead[/MENTION] [MENTION=43833]Kya[/MENTION] [MENTION=133616]Lavender[/MENTION] [MENTION=30830]Pippin1376[/MENTION]
              Last edited by Cptn._.Mario; 31-05-17, 02:04 PM.
              ┳┻|
              ┳┻|⊂ノ
              ┻┳|

Comment

Originally posted by Cptn._.Mario View Post
                Keep on trying!
                Can you remind us how many times should we repeat a line when trying to memorize. I believe there is a formula 20 times or 50 times, I forgot. I notice when I force myself to repeat x amount of time (20+) that it becomes easier to memorize even if it seems tedious at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kya View Post
                  Can you remind us how many times should we repeat a line when trying to memorize. I believe there is a formula 20 times or 50 times, I forgot. I notice when I force myself to repeat x amount of time (20+) that it becomes easier to memorize even if it seems tedious at the time.
                  It says repeat each verse 20x in this website,

https://whatisquran.com/81-simple-wa...the-quran.html

I've never tried a systematic method yet, shall try it also. :jkk:
                  ┳┻|
                  ┳┻|⊂ノ
                  ┻┳|

Comment

Verse 5 memorized.
                    “Mix with the noble people, you become one of them; and keep away from evil people so that you protect yourself from their evils.”

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
                      Verse 5 memorized.
                      You're fast, i'm still at 3
                      ┳┻|
                      ┳┻|⊂ノ
                      ┻┳|

Comment

Originally posted by Cptn._.Mario View Post
                        You're fast, i'm still at 3
                        Insha'allah, you will get there.

I will wait for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sky Lark View Post
                          Insha'allah, you will get there.

I will wait for you.
                          No don't wait, I've been procrastinating. Haha, will catch up soon if I can put my mind to it.

Verse 6

18881885_1405803999478734_5771472691414365809_n.jpg <--- Click to enlarge

Translation: And for those who disbelieved in their Lord is the punishment of Hell, and wretched is the destination.

Transliteration: Walilladheena kafaroo birabbihim 'adhabujahannama wabi'salmaseer

[MENTION=85905]Sky Lark[/MENTION] [MENTION=110507]aynina[/MENTION] [MENTION=106576]AbulUthman[/MENTION] [MENTION=139193]Miss Foxxy[/MENTION] [MENTION=41145]Theistic[/MENTION] [MENTION=83419]muzzybee[/MENTION] [MENTION=143461]Egyptian[/MENTION] [MENTION=120607]Kiro[/MENTION] [MENTION=30830]Pippin1376[/MENTION] [MENTION=119636]patient believer[/MENTION] [MENTION=140628]airhead[/MENTION] [MENTION=43833]Kya[/MENTION] [MENTION=133616]Lavender[/MENTION] [MENTION=30830]Pippin1376[/MENTION]
                          Last edited by Cptn._.Mario; 01-06-17, 11:58 AM.
                          ┳┻|
                          ┳┻|⊂ノ
                          ┻┳|

Comment

:salams

:jkk:

I could only memorise the first verse. Tried so hard to memorise the second one but idk why I keep jumbling up some of the words over and over again :(
                            "Let the days do as they please
                            And be optimistic when destiny decrees
                            Do not despair due to the events of the past
                            For the events of this world were not meant to last"

- Imam Shafi'i

Comment

Wa alaikum salam sis Lavender,

Go over it a number of times as was mentioned somewhere above, you will get it, insha'allah.

[MENTION=119291]cap[/MENTION]t Mario, maybe do a revision of all the ayahs together now.

Comment

Alhamdulillah I already have this Surah memorized...!
                                Nasheeds By Al-Munshid Muhammad Al-Wahaj

Comment

Working...
                                X