Ads by Muslim Ad Network

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Ramadan

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    First Ramadan

    :start:
    :salams

    What mistakes do I need to avoid that new fasters make?

    Any tips or things you've learned about fasting such a long time, would be welcomed.

    :jkk:

    #2
    Re: First Ramadan

    :salams
    Try to fast a couple of times (ideally Mondays and Thursdays as it is a sunnah) before Ramadan starts to help you get into it. That's what I do.
    Pray. Fast. Zakat. Pilgrimage. Allah.

    Comment


      #3
      Re: First Ramadan

      Originally posted by Rifqah View Post
      :start:
      :salams

      What mistakes do I need to avoid that new fasters make?

      Any tips or things you've learned about fasting such a long time, would be welcomed.

      :jkk:
      :wswrwb:


      Awww ma sha Allah

      Take it easy on yourself... remember the Ayah of Ramadan mentioned in the Qur'an:

      "The month of Ramadhan [is that] in which was revealed the Qur'an, a guidance for the people and clear proofs of guidance and criterion. So whoever sights [the new moon of] the month, let him fast it; and whoever is ill or on a journey - then an equal number of other days. "

      In the same Ayah, Allah Says:

      "Allah intends for you ease and does not intend for you hardship" [2:185]

      I can honestly tell you now- we can only fast during Ramadan because Allah makes it easy for us. Alhamdulillah.

      Try to have suhoor- even if it's only a little something. It will help you throughout the day in sha Allah. And ask Allah to make performing acts of worship easy for us all in sha Allah.
      ~‘And He will provide him from (sources) he could never imagine. And whoever puts their trust in Allah, then He will suffice him. Verily, Allah will accomplish His purpose. Indeed, Allah has set a measure for all things.’~ - سورة الطلاق : 3

      Comment


        #4
        Re: First Ramadan

        Originally posted by Rifqah View Post
        :start:
        :salams

        What mistakes do I need to avoid that new fasters make?

        Any tips or things you've learned about fasting such a long time, would be welcomed.

        :jkk:
        it's really not as hard as it looks lol, everyone gets scared of the long hours before ramadan comes in but when they start fasting, those hours fly by.
        best thing would be if you have some sisters around you to help you along, if there is a masjid close to you they are likely to have some lectures happening around this time regarding ramadan and do's/don'ts of fasting
        شَكَوْتُ إلَى وَكِيعٍ سُوءَ حِفْظِي
        فَأرْشَدَنِي إلَى تَرْكِ المعَاصي
        وَأخْبَرَنِي بأَنَّ العِلْمَ نُورٌ
        ونورُ الله لا يهدى لعاصي

        Comment


          #5
          Re: First Ramadan

          Originally posted by Rifqah View Post
          :start:
          :salams

          What mistakes do I need to avoid that new fasters make?

          Any tips or things you've learned about fasting such a long time, would be welcomed.

          :jkk:
          Practice before Ramadan so you get a feel for it.

          Make sure you eat suhoor too and that it has some carbs that stays with you throughout the day. Drink plenty of water before and after fasting. And don't eat too fast. A mistake a lot of people make is that when they're hungry they eat everything in sight. Break your fast with a date and water. Pray. And then eat a balanced meal after but nothing too big or small. You can have snacks after so don't rush it and end up with indigestion or a trip to the hospital.

          Don't push yourself too. If you feel sick then don't fast. If you get your period, don't not eat. You need food so eat it when you're sick or menstruating.

          And the most important tip - create a plan of what you want to accomplish during Ramadan. How much of the Quran do you want to read? How many times do you want to go to the masjid and pray? What do you wish to eat? Planning it out will make it easier for things after so you don't feel like you're rushing or spending all of your time in the kitchen. And write a diary or journal during Ramadan to clear your thoughts and remind you of what's important.

          May Allah make this Ramadan a spiritually cleansing one and make us better people after it. Ameen.
          مَّن ذَا الَّذِي يُقْرِضُ اللّهَ قَرْضًا حَسَنًا فَيُضَاعِفَهُ لَهُ أَضْعَافًا كَثِيرَةً وَاللّهُ يَقْبِضُ وَيَبْسُطُ وَإِلَيْهِ تُرْجَعُونَ

          "Who is he that will loan to Allah a beautiful loan, which Allah will double unto his credit and multiply many times?
          It is Allah that giveth (you) Want or plenty, and to Him shall be your return."
          Surah al-Baqarah
          [2:245]

          .:.
          .:. Perfer et Obdura : Dolor Hic Tibi Proderit Olim .:.
          Be patient and strong : someday this pain will be useful to you

          .:.
          ...said the spider to the fly...

          Comment


            #6
            Re: First Ramadan

            Originally posted by Pippin1376 View Post
            Practice before Ramadan so you get a feel for it.

            Make sure you eat suhoor too and that it has some carbs that stays with you throughout the day. Drink plenty of water before and after fasting. And don't eat too fast. A mistake a lot of people make is that when they're hungry they eat everything in sight. Break your fast with a date and water. Pray. And then eat a balanced meal after but nothing too big or small. You can have snacks after so don't rush it and end up with indigestion or a trip to the hospital.

            Don't push yourself too. If you feel sick then don't fast. If you get your period, don't not eat. You need food so eat it when you're sick or menstruating.

            And the most important tip - create a plan of what you want to accomplish during Ramadan. How much of the Quran do you want to read? How many times do you want to go to the masjid and pray? What do you wish to eat? Planning it out will make it easier for things after so you don't feel like you're rushing or spending all of your time in the kitchen. And write a diary or journal during Ramadan to clear your thoughts and remind you of what's important.

            May Allah make this Ramadan a spiritually cleansing one and make us better people after it. Ameen.
            That's really helpful Pippin, especially planning it out. I think planning what to read each day and planning a balanced nutrition during the hours that we can eat, is such a good idea so that when I'm at work during the day, I don't have to think about it.

            Ameen to your dua'a

            Barakallahu feeki Pippin

            Comment


              #7
              Re: First Ramadan

              Originally posted by Rumaysah~ View Post
              it's really not as hard as it looks lol, everyone gets scared of the long hours before ramadan comes in but when they start fasting, those hours fly by.
              best thing would be if you have some sisters around you to help you along, if there is a masjid close to you they are likely to have some lectures happening around this time regarding ramadan and do's/don'ts of fasting
              Thanks Rumaysah, there are some sisters at the masjid but I don't see them hardly. They go during the week when I'm at work so in the evening when I go, they are not around.

              I'll look out for some lecture on Ramadan. Both the masjids close to me have lots of info on their website about Ramadan.

              Inshallah, I might try the masjid close to my work as well. I'll not be needing my lunch break during Ramadan so maybe I can go to the masjid during that time.

              Barakallahu feeki sister.

              Comment


                #8
                Re: First Ramadan

                Originally posted by Muslimah1436 View Post
                :wswrwb:


                Awww ma sha Allah

                Take it easy on yourself... remember the Ayah of Ramadan mentioned in the Qur'an:

                "The month of Ramadhan [is that] in which was revealed the Qur'an, a guidance for the people and clear proofs of guidance and criterion. So whoever sights [the new moon of] the month, let him fast it; and whoever is ill or on a journey - then an equal number of other days. "

                In the same Ayah, Allah Says:

                "Allah intends for you ease and does not intend for you hardship" [2:185]

                I can honestly tell you now- we can only fast during Ramadan because Allah makes it easy for us. Alhamdulillah.

                Try to have suhoor- even if it's only a little something. It will help you throughout the day in sha Allah. And ask Allah to make performing acts of worship easy for us all in sha Allah.
                Thank you sis,

                Last year I observed others during Ramadan and tried to be helpful buying dates for them (I thought it was 3 dates that breaks the fast) but I failed to realise the dates I'd purchased were from Israel and the recipients face gave a glint of horror before they smiled and said thank you.

                It's a comfort running throughout Islam that Allah (swt) wants it to be easy for us and I'm sure with Ramadan, once I get the hang of it, inshallah it will be the same.

                Barakallahu feeki sister for the encouragement and verses

                Comment


                  #9
                  Re: First Ramadan

                  Originally posted by Al-Mualim View Post
                  :salams
                  Try to fast a couple of times (ideally Mondays and Thursdays as it is a sunnah) before Ramadan starts to help you get into it. That's what I do.
                  :jkk: Al Mualim

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Re: First Ramadan

                    Originally posted by Rifqah View Post
                    :start:
                    :salams

                    What mistakes do I need to avoid that new fasters make?

                    Any tips or things you've learned about fasting such a long time, would be welcomed.

                    :jkk:
                    Wa 'alaykum assalaam wa rahmatullaah,

                    Alhamdulillaah - your first observance of Ramadhaan. Amazing. I think the other members have given good suggestions, try to prepare as much as you can by listening to lectures about Ramadhaan, and fasting beforehand to get a 'feel' of things.

                    Keep a diary - it's always good for reflection, and an Action Plan to see what you'd like to achieve during this blessed month.

                    Make your Action Plan Specific Measurable Achievable Realistic Timely.

                    Plan your meals, make them light but fulfilling, otherwise the Night Prayers will be difficult.

                    Generally - focus on as many acts of worship you can do as possible.

                    All the best.

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Re: First Ramadan

                      May Allah swt make it easy for you
                      ┳┻|
                      ┻┳|•.•) Hello, Assalamu Alaikum! Check out this topic! #makethechanges
                      ┳┻|⊂ノ
                      ┻┳|
                      :banbear:http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...adan-Authentic:hidban:

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Re: First Ramadan

                        Don't use air freshener or spray deodorant during Ramadan. Switch to gel air freshener and roll on deodorant.

                        Don't gargle deep in your throat during wudu or sniff water too far into the nose.

                        Don't worry if you forget something, genuine forgetting doesn't invalidate the fast.

                        Allahu A'lam

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Re: First Ramadan

                          I watched lectures and asked questions to prepare for my first Ramadhan too. The experience made it easier for me to fast the following 6 days of Shawwal.
                          May Allah make it easy for you
                          Narrated Humaid: I heard Muawiya bin Abi Sufyan delivering a sermon. He said, "I heard the Prophet (ﷺ) saying, "If Allah wants to do a favor to somebody, He bestows on him, the gift of understanding the Qur'an and Sunna. I am but a distributor, and Allah is the Giver. The state of this nation will remain good till the Hour is established, or till Allah's Order comes." Sahih al-Bukhari

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Re: First Ramadan

                            Originally posted by islamlife00 View Post
                            I watched lectures and asked questions to prepare for my first Ramadhan too. The experience made it easier for me to fast the following 6 days of Shawwal.
                            May Allah make it easy for you
                            Wa iyyaaki sister

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Re: First Ramadan

                              Originally posted by Indefinable View Post
                              Wa 'alaykum assalaam wa rahmatullaah,

                              Alhamdulillaah - your first observance of Ramadhaan. Amazing. I think the other members have given good suggestions, try to prepare as much as you can by listening to lectures about Ramadhaan, and fasting beforehand to get a 'feel' of things.

                              Keep a diary - it's always good for reflection, and an Action Plan to see what you'd like to achieve during this blessed month.

                              Make your Action Plan Specific Measurable Achievable Realistic Timely.

                              Plan your meals, make them light but fulfilling, otherwise the Night Prayers will be difficult.

                              Generally - focus on as many acts of worship you can do as possible.

                              All the best.

                              :jkk: sis, really helpful advice and tips

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X